Alan Pardew

JH

Cabayes been crap. The reasons for explaining that depend on your bias for or against Pardew and little reasoning beyond that. All these things can easily be argued both ways, just like the way the Arsenal game went. No one has any idea what actually went down in terms of our play, its all a load of bollocks.

I find it laughable that some* people think they can argue against our current manager with such a sense of conviction in what they post  :)

Do you also find it laughable how you take the opposite stance and add a little?

But we are sixth! Blah, blah, blah....

Cabayes been crap. The reasons for explaining that depend on your bias for or against Pardew and little reasoning beyond that. All these things can easily be argued both ways, just like the way the Arsenal game went. No one has any idea what actually went down in terms of our play, its all a load of bollocks.

I find it laughable that some* people think they can argue against our current manager with such a sense of conviction in what they post  :)

The people with real and obvious bias are people like you with their heads stuck in the sand. You ignore legitimate criticisms and just pipe in with s**** waffle and no substance.

There has been plenty of reasoning from posters in is this thread. You however, offer none to the contrary.

The people with real and obvious bias are people like you with their heads stuck in the sand. You ignore legitimate criticisms and just pipe in with s**** waffle and no substance.

Exactly. Hilarious crock of shit that post.

I was a staunch supporter of Pardew and I'm not at the point where I want him sacked, but fuck me, some people need to start opening their eyes.

Guest Dontooner

I don't think Cabaye has ever played all that well this season, even earlier in the season. He had a couple of very good one-off performances mixed in with fairly average or even anonymous games earlier on, but now the latter is all he has.

He did enough in small bursts to suggest he has talent and can be a success if he adjust to the league, but his development has gone in the opposite direction. buy him as a sports car, use him as a tractor.

This has being a negative trend at Newcastle for too long, we tend to buy flair players but employ British manager's to get the best out of them. Don;t anyone see the contradiction? or the irony ?

Apart from a selected English Based Managers namely Sir Bobby, this Old Maids Card game has being a sadist soap opera for years at Newcaslte....Why not ask Fat Sam, Souness or Pardew to coach Spanish teams or italian teams? Irony.....

Guest neesy111

Exactly. Hilarious crock of shit that post.

I don't think Cabaye has ever played all that well this season, even earlier in the season. He had a couple of very good one-off performances mixed in with fairly average or even anonymous games earlier on, but now the latter is all he has.

He did enough in small bursts to suggest he has talent and can be a success if he adjust to the league, but his development has gone in the opposite direction. buy him as a sports car, use him as a tractor.

This has being a negative trend at Newcastle for too long, we tend to buy flair players but employ British manager's to get the best out of them. Don;t anyone see the contradiction? or the irony ?

Apart from a selected English Based Managers namely Sir Bobby, this Old Maids Card game has being a sadist soap opera for years at Newcaslte....Why not ask Fat Sam, Souness or Pardew to coach Spanish teams or italian teams? Irony.....

Like SBR and Viana for example?

Guest Dontooner

Do you also find it laughable how you take the opposite stance and add a little?

Its ok, dont often read his post, its too shallow tbh.

Guest Dontooner

Like SBR and Viana for example?

Think it was a bad buy really, Bobby has more successful international players fitting into his plans very well and most importantly got them playing like continental players. 'Bobby has his runs of bad buys as well.

Agreed. He was excellent against Villa, a 9/10 showing. Man Utd at home he played well in a good team performance, 8/10. Other than that, for me it's mainly 6/10. I just never watch us and think "wow Cabaye's having a stormer."

I'm not picking on the lad, but I've always been loath to protect players by saying "but he's not been used correctly" or "the players around him aren't good enough". Once a player is on the pitch, if he's a good player it will shine through regardless and I'm tired of the easy to reach excuses to defend his anonymous displays. It's reminding me of Emre, loads used to say he had it, but he only ever showed it once in a blue moon.

That's far too simplistic, managers can make a massive difference to players and can make good players look bad or bad players look good.  Keegan has already been mentioned, he took over a team Allardyce was struggling with and he transformed them after a run of games where he got to know them and got them playing differently.  Look at what Bobby did against Sheff Wed with players who had looked devoid of any clue as to how to play football.

Managers have a massive role to play in how a team performs even though the players have a major say in it, I think ours is having a negative effect on our players which had been predicted by quite a few.

Our midfield struggle because they rarely see the f***ing ball. Honestly some of the excuses and blindness in here is insane. There is only one person responsible for our midfield doing squat and thats the f***ing imbecile in the dugout who instructs his central midfielders to drop deep and his defence to launch it long. Individually all of our midfielders from Jonas Cabaye tiote and Ben Arfa are all capable of possession, attacking and having an influence. Only an idiot manager could get such a midfield looking s*** and Pardew is that man.

So, in your world,  we have a strong side that is in sixth place and should be doing far better. I am just thinking about the car crash Ashley bought (his fault but thank god he did) which was an unviable mess sitting in lower mid table. From reading stuff you have posted on other threads our owner is doing nothing other than the bare minimum than is expected. So who gets the credit for putting together this amazing squad that is underperforming in sixth place? Surely someone somewhere is doing a decent job? Who?

Guest Chubby Jason

He has a history of starting well and then everything blowing up in his face. I remember him at West Ham bragging to the players about his Ferrari.

Legend.

Even the best players in the world can be made to look s*** playing under managers who don't know what do with them or play them in tactics/positions that completely misuse them.

Yep. Now for a Pardew specific example; He played Tevez left wing in a 4-4-2 for about 13 games. He did not play well.

Exactly. Hilarious crock of s*** that post.

I was a staunch supporter of Pardew and I'm not at the point where I want him sacked, but f*** me, some people need to start opening their eyes.

Legitimate criticisms based on very little but your imaginations & what you think is happening, all of which can and has been argued with. Ive spent quite a while in the past posting a lot of arguments, 20 pages later its all forgotten and you lot start posting the same crap that was argued with earlier in the thread.

Look at the difference between players when they move clubs or go on international duty.

Actually I can't even believe we're having a conversation on a Newcastle United forum regarding whether managers make any difference to how the team performs, fuck me. :lol:

Look at the difference between players when they move clubs or go on international duty.

Actually I can't even believe we're having a conversation on a Newcastle United forum regarding whether managers make any difference to how the team performs, fuck me. :lol:

I'm sure someone will chime in and say "we're talking about individuals" but eh, lol.

Its ok, dont often read his post, its too shallow tbh.

:lol: :lol:

Find another shallow post anytime recently, have fun.

Legitimate criticisms based on very little but your imaginations & what you think is happening, all of which can and has been argued with. Ive spent quite a while in the past posting a lot of arguments, 20 pages later its all forgotten and you lot start posting the same crap that was argued with earlier in the thread.

Sewelly has hardly had a go at Pardew, how it he "you lot"?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The system has almost certainly affected Cabaye (and others). I realise it often comes across as defending them because they're foreign and technical, but it is so true. He's playing an unfamiliar role in a team playing direct football to strikers incapable of playing to the direct system. He's just left buzzing around deep and waiting to anticipate balls. Obviously doesn't help with our lack of defensive technique and confidence to play it out, though.

The system has almost certainly affected Cabaye (and others). I realise it often comes across as defending them because they're foreign and technical, but it is so true. He's playing an unfamiliar role in a team playing direct football to strikers incapable of playing to the direct system. He's just left buzzing around deep and waiting to anticipate balls. Obviously doesn't help with our lack of defensive technique and confidence to play it out, though.

What are you talking about man? That is just based on what you think. Jayson has probably explained how this has nothing to do with our manager 20 pages ago.