Alan Pardew

JH

You seriously think Norwich tore us to shreds with their passing?  At the risk of being called stat obsessed - how did we have more possession than them, more shots on goal and more clearcut chances if they tore us to shreds?

It just didn't happen.  There's being critical and objective with it and then there's wanting to see things that haven't happened to support an agenda.

Both Wolves and Norwich outpassed us in general play on our own pitch. Norwich will feel very unlucky not to get a point today, because for most of the match they were the better side. Same as Wolves were.

You seriously think Norwich tore us to shreds with their passing?  At the risk of being called stat obsessed - how did we have more possession than them, more shots on goal and more clearcut chances if they tore us to shreds?

It just didn't happen.  There's being critical and objective with it and then there's wanting to see things that haven't happened to support an agenda.

We didn't have more possession than then according to SSN. 46:54.

Yeah. I think it's really starting to hit home what we were told by the Southampton and West Ham fans and he seems to be quite a stubborn manager that never seems to learn. 

EDIT: A year is a long time in football Sifu. Anything could happen in that period and I know what I think will.

Indeed, anything can happen but as it stands, I still have faith in the man. Of course, these past few months have been s****, no-one can deny that and criticism has rightly come Pardew's way but for me, there's still those little signs that we can adapt our play to a passing one. Pardew just needs to man up, basically (though that's easier said than done I suppose......).

Both Wolves and Norwich outpassed us in general play on our own pitch. Norwich will feel very unlucky not to get a point today, because for most of the match they were the better side. Same as Wolves were.

Can't agree with that in relation to today's match.  Happy to agree to disagree though as we clearly have completely different opinions on what happened.

Fair enough. We clearly created the better chances and more of them, but in general play I felt they passed it about impressively including some brilliant cross-field switches. When they knocked one straight out late on I said to the bloke next to me that if was one of the first basic passing errors I could remember them making all match.

We were chasing shadows far too often, the fact that many people have James Perch as their man of the match tells you everything.

Pardew acknowledges we aren't firing on all cylinders but there's not much he can do personnel wise to change it. With the injuries we've got we haven't got the squad depth to freshen the team. Williamson (since S.Taylor's injury), Coloccini, Simpson, Ba and Gutierrez have played just about every game they've been available for. The only rotation has really been in midfield when Perch and Guthrie have come in for injured or suspended Cabaye and Tiote. If a first team player is out of form we pretty much have to keep playing them.

Guest neesy111

This.

Guest BooBoo

Considering the woeful form of the likes of Ba and Cabaye (both terrible today, again) it was a very solid result.

Nobody said they deserved something. If they'd equalised by the end I don't think we could have had too many complaints on the balance of play in the second half. As we couldn't when Wolves got a point.

Guest bimpy474

Nobody said they deserved something. If they'd equalised by the end I don't think we could have had too many complaints on the balance of play in the second half. As we couldn't when Wolves got a point.

I thought although they played well 2nd half, taking the two chances Krul saved aside, they didn't threaten our goal at all....not cutting edge is the cliché.

I think Paul Lambert could do a lot with the quality of players we have.

Result papering over the cracks again. There's genuine problems on the park and I honestly don't think Pardew can solve them.

He's winging it atm. Just throwing them on the park and hoping they produce something outstanding to get us a goal. There's no discernible pattern to our play, it's a mishmash of long looping balls in the general vicinity of a player (who clearly isn't a target man) or a cross from wide with only one black and white shirt to aim for. When was the last time you saw one of our CM run past a striker and get on the end of a pull-back?

The back 4 look shot to bits. Williamson looks dreadful as does Simpson and the LB changes from half to half. Krul seems incapable kicking it accurately to keep possession and refuses to bowl it out to either FB to build attacks. The refusal to strengthen the defence in January is also looking a mistake.

Fitness-wise we're looking like Devon Loch. The squad isn't big enough or good enough to rotate effectively and a few of them look like they're running on empty.

6th? Fuck me.

Result papering over the cracks again. There's genuine problems on the park and I honestly don't think Pardew can solve them.

He's winging it atm. Just throwing them on the park and hoping they produce something outstanding to get us a goal. There's no discernible pattern to our play, it's a mishmash of long looping balls in the general vicinity of a player (who clearly isn't a target man) or a cross from wide with only one black and white shirt to aim for. When was the last time you saw one of our CM run past a striker and get on the end of a pull-back?

The back 4 look shot to bits. Williamson looks dreadful as does Simpson and the LB changes from half to half. Krul seems incapable kicking it accurately to keep possession and refuses to bowl it out to either FB to build attacks. The refusal to strengthen the defence in January is also looking a mistake.

Fitness-wise we're looking like Devon Loch. The squad isn't big enough or good enough to rotate effectively and a few of them look like they're running on empty.

6th? f*** me.

:thup: Starting to head that way myself.

Says something when midds is like this, like :undecided:

Out of the top eight players who completed the most passes in the game, seven of them were Norwich players.

Out of all the one players who scored a goal in the game, one of them was  Newcastle player.

That's very relevant to the topic of passing, cheers. :thup:

Quite pertinent to the topic of winning football matches, which Alan Pardew (the perosn being discussed in this thread) is paid to do.  Just broadening the debate is all