Alan Pardew

JH

I'm eager for us to add players but am more Hindu than otter at the moment.  Business people are very long term in focus and we as fans are very focussed on the immediate.  I trust them to get it right but have long resigned myself to arduous transfer windows - its our approach now and i'm right behind it.

Part of the problem is there are people who sit playing on here all day and every day just WAITING for something to happen. If they came on here less I doubt they'd be as bothered by the lack of news.

Guest BooBoo

The irony is I consider myself a happy go lucky character away from NUFC.

Anyone saying they're happy with our summer so far though, is yakking out of their hole.

I doubt anyone is actually happy with it so far, but i think the majority are reserving judgement until when the deadline actually passes.....

If the deadline passes and we still have not bought anyone, then i will show how i feel but for now i'm reserving judgement until the deadline passes.

Anyone saying they're happy with our summer so far though, is yakking out of their hole.

Why? What has gone wrong or badly?

The squad has been kept intact, a couple of squad/future signings and there's ongoing discussions with Pardew's top targets.

Sounds good to me.

I doubt anyone is actually happy with it so far, but i think the majority are reserving judgement until when the deadline actually passes.....

If the deadline passes and we still have not bought anyone, then i will show how i feel but for now i'm reserving judgement until the deadline passes.

So when will you judge the situation then?

Guest BooBoo

Why? What has gone wrong or badly?

The squad has been kept intact, a couple of squad/future signings and there's ongoing discussions with Pardew's top targets.

Sounds good to me.

Keeping the core of good players should be a given, not something to celebrate.

Transfer talk and gossip is meaningless and all that matters is actually signing players who can improve the team. And we've not done that so far.

Isn't it obvious? when the deadline passes.

hate myself for saying it but look at the teams around us and what they have(n't) done in the market...if we were sitting looking at the likes of everton and liverpool having strengthened considerably then i'd probably be somewhat perturbed but no-one is really doing any business

we're playing the same game we have since promotion and we've lost some windows and won some windows quite considerably...i'm confident if we don't get a certain player now then we'll keep chasing through january, cisse is concrete proof of that in fact

Guest ItalianMagpie

hate myself for saying it but look at the teams around us and what they have(n't) done in the market...if we were sitting looking at the likes of everton and liverpool having strengthened considerably then i'd probably be somewhat perturbed but no-one is really doing any business

we're playing the same game we have since promotion and we've lost some windows and won some windows quite considerably...i'm confident if we don't get a certain player now then we'll keep chasing through january, cisse is concrete proof of that in fact

But it would be nice for once if we started the season with a full squad, the first 5 months of the EPL still count, as far as I know...And we also have EL this year, and I wouldn't like to see we have to massively play second choices in the first rounds cause we still have a short squad.

I was reading an interview by Pards on an italian website, and he is supposed to have said he doesn't run the market operations himself. So who does it? Llambias? What's Pardew's role in acquiring players exactly?

Isn't it obvious? when the deadline passes.

:lol: :lol: Perfick.

Guest ItalianMagpie

But it would be nice for once if we started the season with a full squad, the first 5 months of the EPL still count, as far as I know...And we also have EL this year, and I wouldn't like to see we have to massively play second choices in the first rounds cause we still have a short squad.

I was reading an interview by Pards on an italian website, and he is supposed to have said he doesn't run the market operations himself. So who does it? Llambias? What's Pardew's role in acquiring players exactly?

He and Carr select the players they want, Llambias and Charnley do the negotiations. The same structure as pretty much every other Premiership team.

That's what I thought, I guess he was mistranslated cause that's not what came out from the interview.

Guest ItalianMagpie

But it would be nice for once if we started the season with a full squad,

even under the kk sjh free spending days we never had that luxury, virtually noone does these days

What I mean is with a basically completed squad, that is able to face the upcoming season without struggling. Then of course some extra players can always be (and often are) added later, but if you start with 3 or 4 significant players still missing it's surely not a good start.

even under the kk sjh free spending days we never had that luxury, virtually noone does these days

What I mean is with a basically completed squad, that is able to face the upcoming season without struggling. Then of course some extra players can always be (and often are) added later, but if you start with 3 or 4 significant players still missing it's surely not a good start.

in the current climate the only thing wrong with our squad, imo, is the african nations cup

Guest ItalianMagpie

in the current climate the only thing wrong with our squad, imo, is the african nations cup

Yes, but we have to pray nobody ever gets a flu...

Guest SweMatt

Alan Pardew relaxed over new Newcastle United arrivals‎

BBC Sport - 20 minutes ago

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has said he would have no concerns starting the new Premier League season with his current squad. United have bids ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19151217

Well, what is he supposed to say? Besides, I also believe the squad is stronger now than when we finished last season, so I agree with him.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember saying that I'd rather have Perch at right back than Simpson 2 years ago. People laughed at me.

Just a little Ronaldo moment from me for you all there.

If we haven't signed anyone by first game, it's fairly obviously Simpson will start. Perch plays when there's a position that needs to be filled to do a job, similar to Raylor. Simpson was never even in Pards mind to be dropped last season. He was brought off in a few games to boost our attacking options, but never considered to be dropped and only missed games to due to unavailability for whatever reason.