Respect to Mick Quinn

LooneyToonArmy

Newcastle legend Micky Quinn has launched a furious attack on the club’s owner Mike Ashley for sacking manager Chris Hughton.

Hughton has been shown the door despite leading the Toon into the Premier League last season and his team making a decent start to life back in the top-flight this term.

Quinn has now urged Ashley to sell up and buy a London club, claiming the timing of Hughton's departure "stinks".

“I am absolutely fuming about this," Quinn told Hawksbee and Jacobs. "It’s been a long feud for me about Mike Ashley and his passion for Newcastle – he’s got none.

“He lives in London, he commutes to Newcastle for the games, he runs the club from London and this goes back two or three years when Kevin Keegan was manager. He stepped on Kevin’s toes, appointed Dennis Wise, appointed this and that person. Why not buy a London club?

“This has hung around like a bad smell. He didn’t give Chris Hughton a new contract. It was inevitable, but the timing of it stinks.

“Chris didn’t spend a lot of money on a lot of new players last season and they won that league very convincingly and comfortably. They’ve started the season very, very well and just let him get on with it.

“I remember the question was asked at the start of the season, ‘do you think he’ll still be there?’ And I said, ‘yes give him his opportunity and give him his chance’. But no already the panic button has come out, the red button has been pressed. It just sums Ashley up. He should just buy a London club."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/3465/0/exclusive-newcastle-legend-quinn-slams-owner-ashley-after-hughton-axed

Quinn's a gobshite, just peddling the popular view.

your talking out of your arse as you obviously haven't heard Quinn talk passionately about his love of nufc and us as fans

Listen to what Quinn actually says - its simply what the stereotypical NUFC fan comes out with on SSN, which then obviously becomes gospel. He doesn't even for his own opinions or extend what others have said - its the same lines again and again. Listen to what he says about Liverpool, his real footballing passion and there is a big difference (although he still a gobshite - great player, but gobshite all the same).

In this case most people agree that the sacking does not make sense based on what is in the press etc and the manner/timing seems to stink (but would anyone have preferred a sacking at the end of Jan?). So of course trotting out the common line this time is going to make you look in touch with the club