How Bad is Ramage!!!!

buzza

No matter how bad Babayaro is, how anyone can say they'd sooner have Ramage there ahead of him is beyond me.

I would.

Ramage wants to play football, wants to win, wants the team to do well and would give his soul to see the team win.

You get none of that off Babyaro.

The horrible cunt can fuk off for good, i'd party if this shite was declared never to play football again, as he doesn't give a shit about playing for us.

Guest Ridzuan

Ramage is bad,really bad.I dont know whether that has got to do with his left back position instead of centreback,but for most of the match Ive watched him play,I dont like his performance.

Bad? The person that was bad or truely awful last night was none other than, Charles N'Zogbia.  He was was just plain awful everytime the ball was near him he wasn't sure wether to go for it or leave it to his team mates, and most of the time he did neither. Like a fish out of water I really don't know what happened to this kid, he has been poor all season, poor outwide and yesterday he was given his prefered central position and he was twice as bad.  He didn't wake up until the last 15 minutes when Rodent made his subs. 

Ramage played alright last night he wasn't tested that much. 

Guest Ridzuan

Bad? The person that was bad or truely awful last night was none other than, Charles N'Zogbia.  He was was just plain awful everytime the ball was near him he wasn't sure wether to go for it or leave it to his team mates, and most of the time he did neither. Like a fish out of water I really don't know what happened to this kid, he has been poor all season, poor outwide and yesterday he was given his prefered central position and he was twice as bad.  He didn't wake up until the last 15 minutes when Rodent made his subs.   

Well,I agree that N'Zogbia was bad as well yesterday.I dont know what happened to him this season,but I thought he had a wonderful time last season as compared to this.I just hope he would regain that form back.

Guest dasflenst

Ramage is a defender who likes to defend.  Half the job of a full back these days is to get forward and overlap and this is what lets him down.  Having played centre half most of his life so far, it's no surprise that he's not that good on the attack, even at right back.  What he is good at though is defending crosses to the far post, something which Carr and Babayaro are pretty shit at.  I'd still rather have a good full back playing but at least he gives it all his effort, unlike some.   

Well for a team who doesn't appear to be defending didn't someone point out in the papers the other day that we have only conceeded ONE more goal than liverpool (in the league if IIRCC)?? Now who wouldn't have messers Carragher and co over our (apparent) terrible lot?

Guest theunis

Ramage is not a left back and that has been proved over and over, but he is a commited Toon player, he wants to do the job, he tries his best so you have to give him credit for that. But that does not exclude him for critisism, he was poor last night, i feel sorry for him, he lookes useless at LB but at least he gives it his all

Well,I agree that N'Zogbia was bad as well yesterday.I dont know what happened to him this season,but I thought he had a wonderful time last season as compared to this.I just hope he would regain that form back.

He's a young player. It happens.

I can't fault the lad for his effort and his heart when he plays, he gives everything, hats off to him for that.

The problem is that he is no where near premiership standard and it sticks out a mile! Last night when he was "doubled" over trying to steer the right wingers "outside" was truly horrific, they saw this and ripped him apart coming inside every time as he couldn't get his balance back quick enough. If you watch the match again (I have) in the second half it is blatantly obvious that they have pinpointed him as the weak link and generally put a lot of their attacks down his flank. He is pretty good in the air as he didn't lose out too many high balls but his ball control/trapping gives balls away every other time and his passing is sunday league at best.

I do feel sorry for him as he is out of his depth and shouldn't really be in our team for a few years (loaned to first division for a while) but whilst we have the serial mismanagement at our club we will have to put up with these debacles!

P.s. Whoever says they would rather have Ramage than Baba needs shot!

P.P.S. Baba with a Ramage heart transplant would solve all our problems :winking:

I can't fault the lad for his effort and his heart when he plays, he gives everything, hats off to him for that.

The problem is that he is no where near premiership standard and it sticks out a mile! Last night when he was "doubled" over trying to steer the right wingers "outside" was truly horrific, they saw this and ripped him apart coming inside every time as he couldn't get his balance back quick enough. If you watch the match again (I have) in the second half it is blatantly obvious that they have pinpointed him as the weak link and generally put a lot of their attacks down his flank. He is pretty good in the air as he didn't lose out too many high balls but his ball control/trapping gives balls away every other time and his passing is sunday league at best.

I do feel sorry for him as he is out of his depth and shouldn't really be in our team for a few years (loaned to first division for a while) but whilst we have the serial mismanagement at our club we will have to put up with these debacles!

P.s. Whoever says they would rather have Ramage than Baba needs shot!

P.P.S. Baba with a Ramage heart transplant would solve all our problems :winking:

Like many people has said he's not FULL BACK! He's a 6ft centre half who has played well in his natural postion when i have seen him play. A centre half wins headers and goes in for tackles differently than a full back. Full backs have people running at them and dribbling more than a centre half. Try keeping your balance against a smaller opponent who has a lower centre of gravity when they are twisting or turning. Also try playing in a role when most of your passing/crossing is with your weaker foot (I know most footballers should be able to do this but don't just blame Ramage for it when most of the other players in EPL can't do it either). People rate Carragher, JT and co, you put them as a full back and they would be terrible too (Carragher has player full back and was pretty woeful for 'pool).

People keep banging on about not being premiership standard - we have conceded 15 goals this season which when I have checked is the same a Spurs, Liverpool, and man city and we are joint 9 in the league for this. What we cant do is seem to score goals (a total of 8) which makes us joint bottom with Sheff Wed.

What we really need to do is stop worrying about the defence and start worrying about scoring goals because if we can do that then we can get back up the table.

How bad is this ****ing thread!?

Get off his ****ing back!!! He's a child still!!

Are you kidding? He's 23!

Still a child in development terms. When did he come into the first team?

Point is...play him at CB for a run of games, and then decide

At 23, a similar style of defender had played around 200 games for the club. He was also a centre-back but made the full-back spot his own, and looked 10 times better at left-back than Ramage does.

(I'm talking about Hughes by the way)

"the full back spot"?

Hughes played most of his games in "the full back spot" which mainly required the use of his better foot- right back.

Ramage hasn't had that luxury. Hughes only played left-back occasionally and wasn't great, mainly because he had to keep shifting the ball onto his right.

At 23, a similar style of defender had played around 200 games for the club. He was also a centre-back but made the full-back spot his own, and looked 10 times better at left-back than Ramage does.

(I'm talking about Hughes by the way)

"the full back spot"?

Hughes played most of his games in "the full back spot" which mainly required the use of his better foot- right back.

Ramage hasn't had that luxury. Hughes only played left-back occasionally and wasn't great, mainly because he had to keep shifting the ball onto his right.

Ramage had a run of about 15 games at right-back last season, yet Souness & Roeder still rate Carr more highly than him.

How bad is this ****ing thread!?

Get off his ****ing back!!! He's a child still!!

Are you kidding? He's 23!

Still a child in development terms. When did he come into the first team?

Point is...play him at CB for a run of games, and then decide

By the time Ramage finally made it to the first team most players who turn out any good have already been playing in their club's first team for a few seasons. Taking so long to get a shot at it is another pointer to him not being good enough.

The fact is, if we have ambitions of getting back into the top 4 or 5 Ramage isn't good enough and more than likely never will be.

He is a much better player that what he can show being stuck at LB, can't belive the shit the lad gets for playing out of position and taking it for the team.

He does'nt hide always looks to get stuck in even though he finds it hard to play there.

He is a much better player that what he can show being stuck at LB, can't belive the shit the lad gets for playing out of position and taking it for the team.

He does'nt hide always looks to get stuck in even though he finds it hard to play there.

:thup:

Yea he is getting alot of shit, TBH if anyone is to blame then it should be Roeder. Everyone on here knows Babs aint good enough yet all he got in the transfer market was Bernard on a freebie. Few times he has played in his proper position (CB) he has been decent.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Anyone with eyes can see that Ramage is not a good footballer. He can't control a ball properly on HIS RIGHT OR LEFT FOOT. He can't pass. He can't dribble. Technically he is the worst player in the squad. He plays like a rugby player would play. He's not a particularly good tackler or reader of the game. Just because you're on the left side of the pitch, it doesn't mean you let the ball bounce 20 yards off your shin every time you try and control it.