OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest sombrero

sorry didnt know which threat to put this in.. but has anyone seen the sports direct advertisement? it shows newcastle fans waving their scarfs at the stadium... just thought it was an interesting observation. Didint expect cashley to actually do that. then again, he stamped SDs name on st james.....

oh.. and PARDEW? more like PARDONT!

Guest Slippery Sam

If Pardew does become manager, then good luck to him.  Surely every supporter should hope their team's manager does fantastically well?? Whether we want him here or not, we should wish he brings success to the team. I have gone as far as wishing both Souness and Kinnear good luck so I see no reason not to wish Pardew the very same.

Guest sombrero

If Pardew does become manager, then good luck to him.  Surely every supporter should hope their team's manager does fantastically well?? Whether we want him here or not, we should wish he brings success to the team. I have gone as far as wishing both Souness and Kinnear good luck so I see no reason not to wish Pardew the very same.

its like pardew wrote this himself:) but i guess i agree

Guest sombrero

It looks like he's clipped it from youtube when it's stretched full screen. The footage is grainy as f***

He owns the team and still cant get good footage he should already own through the clubs video archive! i wonder what game that was..

It looks like he's clipped it from youtube when it's stretched full screen. The footage is grainy as f***

He owns the team and still cant get good footage he should already own through the clubs video archive! i wonder what game that was..

It looked like sir bobby or shearers testimonial to me with the scarfs swinging

Guest sombrero

Thought it was the Shearer testimonial?

thats what i was thinking..

btw wtf is that chair behind pardew in the ssn footage of him reading a newspaper.. dentist chair?

A negative atmosphere will unfortunately make for a negative performance on the pitch.

Aye like that's ever stopped our fans before. Let's face it the majority are happier using their voices to vent frustration than they are to get behind the team.

A negative atmosphere will unfortunately make for a negative performance on the pitch.

Aye like that's ever stopped our fans before. Let's face it the majority are happier using their voices to vent frustration than they are to get behind the team.

The team are against what has happened, kicking off is getting behind the team.  Showing Pardew support, or being complicit in his appointment, is going against the team.

Of course he can.  How could anyone lack a pessimistic imagination at this point?  Of course this can get worse. 

He's Ashley's cockney gambling buddy, whose only experience involves relegation (Charlton) and failing to get along with his colleagues (Southampton).  He's taking charge of an average to poor squad that probably don't want him.  The supporters don't want him.  The chairman apparently wants to sell the best assets in the squad. 

This can, and almost certainly will, get much worse.

The team are against what has happened, kicking off is getting behind the team.  Showing Pardew support, or being complicit in his appointment, is going against the team.

Aye it worked so well when Keegan left didn't it.

Oh, that was our fault?  Thought it might have been down to disinterested players, a shambolic structure and going through 5 managers in a season.  Can't remember anyone giving Kinnear much vocal shit at matches, how come we didn't stay up just based on that?

Whats the point of holding your tongue at every destructive decision, clapping politely, praying the team doesn't get relegated, watching as all decent players are sold in the summer, and then clapping politely as process repeats itself next season?

Stupid as footballers may be, I don't think the players are thick enough to interpret booing and protesting as somehow directed at them.

This is an exceedingly dumb argument.

Ashley got the response he deserved then, in fact not enough. Things settled down because people thought he was going and the protesting stopped, and we still went down.

This is an exceedingly dumb argument.

In what way?  Respected players consider what has happened a joke, what kind of message does it send to the players if the fans just go along with it and turn up with football rattles and foam hands?  Where exactly is that going to get us?  Are you expecting the Gallowgate to cheer on Alan Pardew's blacknwhite army to victory against Liverpool?