OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

98% of people who posted on this thread are eating their words.

and I'm quite happy to  :)

Astonishing the turnaround in opinion, rare to see anyone at any club to be able to turn around supporter consensus like he has and long may he continue to

Guest gggg

98% of people who posted on this thread are eating their words.

I'd say whatever I said at the time again if we sacked Pardew and appointed someone like Phil Brown or Megson.

Based on the information available at the time I think that most people had a completely justifiable reaction to his appointment. It's just a damn good thing that he's been able to succeed in the environment around him and make that information useless.

I wasn't anti-Pardew, but I didn't think Hughton should have been sacked. He had the support of the players and the fans, and any new manager was going to be walking into a very hostile environment.

Obviously it's turned out to be a bold but ultimately very good decision. This was Ashley coming into his own as an owner who shaped, rather than followed, events.

I still wonder though what would have happened if we'd lost that first game to Liverpool, which could easily have happened, given the way the match unfolded. Pardew had the priceless bonus of a good start.