£10 million?

KaKa

Pardew mentioned during the press conference that he had a good track record when it came to signing players, anyone got a list of the players he brought in during his time at West Ham and Charlton?

Not sure on prices but at West Ham:

ASHTON, BENAYOUN, CARROLL, CHADWICK, CLARK, COLLINS, CONNELLY, DEANE, ETHERINGTON, FLETCHER, HAREWOOD, HISLOP, KATAN, KONCHESKY, LEE, MACKAY, NEILL, NEWTON, NOWLAND, PANTSIL, POWELL, QUASHIE, REBROV, PEO-COKER, SHERINGHAM, SOFIANNE, TARRICO, ZAMORA.

Few grey areas with some that may have been a month before him. Add loans like Scaloni, Bellion, Alexandersson, Aliadiare plus Tevez & Mascherano etc which werent him.

He sold in that time(some were in the few weeks preceeding him joining in 2003 which i cant be bothered to seperate):

BREVITT, BYWATER, CARRICK, CAMARA, CHADWICK, CLARKE, J COLE, CONNELLY, DEANE, DI CANIO, HISLOP, HORLOCK, HUTCHINSON, JAMES, G JOHNSON, KANOUTE, KATAN, LEE, MACKAY, MCANUF, NOWLAND, PEARCE, POWELL, W QUINN, REBROV, REPKA, SOFIANNE

Worrying amount of short term crap fixes imo. :undecided:

He also sold Defoe.

It's not like he was spending massive amounts of money at all. I don't think West Ham as a club have made an eight digit transfer, and other than that odd Savio experiment they haven't come particularly close. He still made some very decent transfers as well. Especially considering that he brought them out of the championship and bringing the likes of Benayoun and Paintsil to your little country.

It's actually rather similar to Hughton's. A lot of poor to average players at cheap prices to help the club fight for promotion and consolidate Premiership status. Only a few risks, and hopefully some foreign gems at low cost/risk.

Guest Heneage

f***ing abysmal list. Hopefully he has f*** all say in transfers.

I'd argue we have a stronger scouting network than West Ham did back then. I think he'll be given a decision based on 2-3 choices.

I am still holding on to the hope that I have become so mentally divergent that I created this alternate reality in my head.  It's really 2003 and we are about to finish 3rd.  Rumor has it that a bid for Zidane will be all but accepted by Madrid and that he has agreed terms in principle.  And we are NOT going to snap up Bowyer.

I am still holding on to the hope that I have become so mentally divergent that I created this alternate reality in my head.  It's really 2003 and we are about to finish 3rd.  Rumor has it that a bid for Zidane will be all but accepted by Madrid and that he has agreed terms in principle.  And we are NOT going to snap up Bowyer.

But he wont carry a transfer fee? Good business if we can get his head straight...might keep dyer out of trouble.