Nobby Solano

Leazes1986

Domi left-back, Beye right-back...

Ideally, yes. But who was the better full back? I was only 15 or so at the time, so my judgement of Domi is blinded by his assists and not his overall contribution, I'm just interested to hear what older people think.

I miss the lil fella...was watching the old shearer dvd the other day.....seems like half the goals old al scored were assisted by old nobby.

Watched that. Amazing how many goals Domi made as well.

Very true.

• 1 year later...
Meanwhile, for United old boy Solano, tonight’s game will be his penultimate for his country.

The 34-year-old has announced he will retire from international foot-ball after Peru’s final World Cup qualifer against Bolivia in Lima on Wednesday.

Solano’s commit-ment to Peru led him to fall out with late Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson while at St James’s Park.

But the veteran winger is hotly tipped as his country’s next national coach.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/10/jonas-gutierrez-my-debt-to-the-magpies-72703-24897483/2/

Another former player who may soon become a manager.  Dunno where the Chronicle got it from, sounds a bit mental though a la Maradona and Argentina.

Guest Heneage

Truly fantastic player was Solano, could use his right foot fantastically, and even mastered trivela to the point where it was like having a two footed winger. His goals against Everton and Arsenal at home in 05-06 are my favourites. Te Quiero Nobby.  :smitten:

That one at home to Everton when Roeder had just taken over from Souness was a fucking beautiful goal. One of the best goals from one of our players in the last few years; arguably the best tbh. It really was that good.

That one at home to Everton when Roeder had just taken over from Souness was a f***ing beautiful goal. One of the best goals from one of our players in the last few years; arguably the best tbh. It really was that good.

ott, but it was nice. His goal against Bolton a few days later was better

Guest Heneage

Pretty s**** away from home mind was Nobby. Thought he was a class signing though regardless.

Aye true but, Leeds away 4-3.  :clap:

Pretty s**** away from home mind was Nobby. Thought he was a class signing though regardless.

Dissapeared badly on the road, which is one of the reasons Shearer scored significantly less away from SJP

As a team mind we've been utterly abysmal on our travels since the 02/03 season.

That one at home to Everton when Roeder had just taken over from Souness was a f***ing beautiful goal. One of the best goals from one of our players in the last few years; arguably the best tbh. It really was that good.

Well, in terms of technique it was definitely better.

Eesh you're a patronising cunt at times. :lol: The Bolton one was good but it was just a free-kick, one of many brilliant free-kicks he scored. I can't think of a better goal, certainly in terms of technique, since that one Nobby scored against Everton. You could throw up a few of Martins', cos he scored some spectacular ones, but in terms of football brilliance - that Solano one still pips any scored by Martins.

Guest Heneage

Is there a winger in the Premier League now that uses his foot like Nobby used to? I can't think of one, bar Quaresma last year.

Is there a winger in the Premier League now that uses his foot like Nobby used to? I can't think of one, bar Quaresma last year.

You could say that, but then again Quaresma never actually done anything for Chelsea last year. Much like every time he has played for a team in a top European league.

Guest Heneage

You could say that, but then again Quaresma never actually done anything for Chelsea last year. Much like every time he has played for a team in a top European league.

I mean in terms of using one foot to swing balls in from either side. The art of 'Trivela'.

I mean in terms of using one foot to swing balls in from either side. The art of 'Trivela'.

How dare you not bite.  :shifty:

Guest Heneage

How dare you not bite.  :shifty:

What can I say I'm used to you talking shite.  :aww: