Newcastle 1 - 3 Man City - 26/12/2010 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 15

Andy

It's amazing.  Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields.  The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation. 

This is why there were only three slave revolts in the history of Rome.

What are your proposals then?

Not to support the team, obviously.

City didn't look like title contenders. There's no way we'd have been able to dominate Chelsea or Man U, in the way that we did for long stretches of the game today.

It's a bit strange; I think they're title contenders as in they'll not be far off in the end however I simply can't see them winning it.

Was just saying this to the lads in the pub after the game.

Our capacity to tolerate abuse is a millionfold greater than our willingness to do something about it.

I'd agree with that in general. I just thought comparing NUFC to imperial Rome was a tad too much.  :lol: 

I've laid out a few.  Sadly, some of them had nothing to do with the club...and so one could argue that they were morally suspect. 

At least show solidarity in your displeasure of how everyone was treated for a sustained period of time.  Make him feel uncomfortable even showing his Hutt-ass at the games.  On the television, at 0-2 down, that fat prick had such a complacent look on his face.  He must be thinking that he got away with murder.  If he is going to treat us all like assholes, at least make him earn his keep. 

Can you explain what is meant by this please?

Our capacity to tolerate abuse is a millionfold greater than our willingness to do something about it.

When saying 'our capacity' I assume you're including yourself in this?  If not, what have you done?

Guest Heneage

:spit:

One day you'll grow up.

My point was in what way are we in any way comparable to that saying?

Guest toonlass

Singing "get out of our club" while wearing this season's replica shirt, supping a few pints before the match and at half time, while carrying club shop or sports direct carrier bags filled with tat and then having a few bevvies in Shearers after the game while moaning about Ashley is really showing the fat one how much he is hated! He is laughing all the way to the bank!

:spit:

One day you'll grow up.

My point was in what way are we in any way comparable to that saying?

... was Midds not being sarcy...?

When saying 'our capacity' I assume you're including yourself in this?  If not, what have you done?

I kicked Batista out of Cuba, but that limelight-grabbing Communist douchebag Che took most of the credit, along with his red butterboy Castro.

Other than that, not much of note, apart from some beautifully eloquent complaining, and stellar analysis in hindsight.

Singing "get out of our club" while wearing this season's replica shirt, supping a few pints before the match and at half time, while carrying club shop or sports direct carrier bags filled with tat and then having a few bevvies in Shearers after the game while moaning about Ashley is really showing the fat one how much he is hated! He is laughing all the way to the bank!

Yeah! Let's starve the club instead and ruin us - that'll hurt him and not us at all...

I kicked Batista out of Cuba, but that limelight-grabbing Communist douchebag Che took most of the credit, along with his red butterboy Castro.

Other than that, not much of note, apart from some beautifully eloquent complaining, and stellar analysis in hindsight.

Not much of note, that's basically what I thought.  I thought you were getting on your high horse for a moment.

Guest toonlass

Yeah! Let's starve the club instead and ruin us - that'll hurt him and not us at all...

Not saying starve the club, but why bother singing "get out of our club" if you're supporting the man with your money? I refuse to sing it, it's petty. I'm not suggesting in any way that Ashley is any good but it sounds as shite as the "your support is fucking shit" chants.

Not saying starve the club, but why bother singing "get out of our club" if you're supporting the man with your money? I refuse to sing it, it's petty. I'm not suggesting in any way that Ashley is any good but it sounds as s**** as the "your support is f***ing s***" chants.

Oh, I agree. It's stupid, especially during a match.

When Tevez's third goal went in, the fans jumped into a chorus of it - aye that's going to help the players on the pitch isn't it.