Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Where's the £35 in donations gone? Where's the reinvestment into the server?! Everyone knew it need strengthening on transfer deadline day. BOO!!

Guest ToonUltra

Can I just ask at what point can I start to post new topics on this forum? Is there so many posts you have to make without being banned or something? Or am i missing the blatantly obvious 'NEW TOPIC' button?

More generally Rich, or anyone else, is the server starting to get pretty stretched now? Just noticed over the past few months this site has been markedly slower to load than other web pages. I don't mean consistently slow, most of the time it's fine but I dunno about anyone else, but I've been getting more and more 10-15ish minute periods where pages are very slow to load.

I haven't noticed it in all honesty mate, I think it's as good as it has ever been. That's not me being in denial or totally biased or anything, but it does seem to be holding up very well at the minute considering.

I know we struggled on deadline day (as usual), but it seemed better than in previous windows and the day-to-day use outside of that - for me at least - is quick and zippy 99% of the time.

There have been instances like the one just gone where I'm fiddling in the background on essential bits and a few times where the whole network we're on has suffered due to DoS attacks, but generally it seems fine.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I'd presume a lot of it has to do with when you're on/how often you're on and I've only really got back into the swing since June.

Fair enough, might just be something my laptop/net isn't agreeing with at times.

As I say, nearly all the time there's no problems and it's hardly ruining my experience of the site or owt. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is finding anything similar.

Keep up the good work to all concerned. :thup:

Fair enough, might just be something my laptop/net isn't agreeing with at times.

As I say, nearly all the time there's no problems and it's hardly ruining my experience of the site or owt. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is finding anything similar.

Keep up the good work to all concerned. :thup:

Appreciate it mate. Would be interested to know if anyone else is having a similar experience to you, definitely.

Aye, I've had similar issues to Neil.

Alot of the time it's totally fine, running at a good speed etc. but it does has periods where it lags quite noticeably (especially when you can load three other websites without issue in the time it takes to load a N-O page)

Myself, Brummie, 1878, Leffe, Martin Jol, Kingdawson, the rest of the Spurs ITKs, Gash, Froggy, jukeboxromeo and our faithful hound Wearside will not be amused if we're the only ones to suffer a lack of forum functionality.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

More generally Rich, or anyone else, is the server starting to get pretty stretched now? Just noticed over the past few months this site has been markedly slower to load than other web pages. I don't mean consistently slow, most of the time it's fine but I dunno about anyone else, but I've been getting more and more 10-15ish minute periods where pages are very slow to load.

I've felt like that too.