Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Ameobi and Ranger up front would be interesting to watch.

I thought that previously but I'm sure they started a game together earlier this season and had no chemistry whatsoever.

Ranger hasn't started a PL game yet.

I thought that previously but I'm sure they started a game together earlier this season and had no chemistry whatsoever.

Might have been a cup game.

They started together in the 4-3 against Chelsea.

They started together in the 4-3 against Chelsea.

When Shola bagged twice and Ranger scored once. :lol:

Total shite eh? :razz:

There was just no chemistry - they should have scored at least four between them. O0

The only reason I mentioned the two being a disappointment was I actually thought they might work well together but on the occasion I saw them together they didn't gel so well. Can't be arsed searching for when that post was, but if they did so well in the cup game I'm surprised more people haven't put them forward as an option for Sunday.

Apparently the FA have been on holiday since just before Xmas, and they don't come back until tuesday I think it is. Anyway that means no player can be registered until Tuesday, so he shouldn't be able to play. Then again just because he can play against us that means he will and probably score against us as well.

CaulkinTheTimes    Steve Harper also returns in goal for Wigan game, provided wife isn't giving birth. Krul is future, but pleased for Harps. #NUFC

What? What was that 'Krul's got the shirt' shit from Pards then?

Happy that a bit of competition for place has been introduced and Harper is being given the chance to win the shirt, rather than just saying "It's Krul's shirt" and leaving it at that. Harsh on Krul like, he's been pretty decent thus far.

Guest BooBoo

I think the key word there is "decent". Krul has done okay but probably not well enough to keep out the senior pro. And I'm saying that as a Harper sceptic.

I think the key word there is "decent". Krul has done okay but probably not well enough to keep out the senior pro. And I'm saying that as a Harper sceptic.

Malcolm madoald was saying a while back- that you have to give youth and Inexperience its chance, but that after a while if you rely on them- mistakes and inexperience start to creep into thier games- and that is where a good manager will bring back a senior pro and give the younger lad a break from the pressure.

Fully intending to use him again in the future, I think we are at this scenario with krul.

Malcolm madoald was saying a while back- that you have to give youth and Inexperience its chance, but that after a while if you rely on them- mistakes and inexperience start to creep into thier games- and that is where a good manager will bring back a senior pro and give the younger lad a break from the pressure.

Fully intending to use him again in the future, I think we are at this scenario with krul.

:sadnod: That's what I think alot have failed to understand about those wanting Harper to come back in.

Tim Krul is the future, but the more we continue to put him back in after making mistakes and poor decisions, the more the pressure will get on him and we could ruin him before he even gets the chance to become a good goalkeeper.

A decent and fair keeper rotation will help ease Krul in, and allow Harper to take some of the flack. It's a good decision imo.