Ash Bashers

Stu

At the moment it's all nice and chummy but could get interesting in the coming months as we should be trying to secure the contracts of two of our better performers, Enrique and Barton, before they expire in summer 2012.  We'll see how willing they are to commit thier futures to a club that is, being claimed in this thread, going in the right direction.

At the moment it's all nice and chummy but could get interesting in the coming months as we should be trying to secure the contracts of two of our better performers, Enrique and Barton, before they expire in summer 2012.  We'll see how willing they are to commit thier futures to a club that is, being claimed in this thread, going in the right direction.

You've missed the point of the thread.

I'm trying to find out why the supporters' view of the club isn't matched by the actions that our better players have taken in recent weeks.

The majority on here are just waiting for Ashley to make his next cock-up, why aren't the players?

I'm trying to find out why the supporters' view of the club isn't matched by the actions that our better players have taken in recent weeks.

The majority on here are just waiting for Ashley to make his next cock-up, why aren't the players?

what actions have our better players taken in recent weeks?

Taylor signed a new 5.5year deal.

Carroll re-iterated his desire to stay with the club.

Barton re-iterated his desire to stay with the club.

Ben Arfa seemingly signing on a 5.5year deal.

Willamson & Ranger recently extended their deals? Granted, they're not key players but solid Premiership squad players for the next couple of seasons if they continue this season's form.

Interestingly, no agent-instigated stories of player unrest; which is what usually happens when a player wants out of a club and the transfer window is approaching.

It all seems peculiarly quiet for a club that has had it's owner commit another round of managerial cock-ups.

No I havent' missed the point - over the past couple weeks the official view of the players has been 'Business as usual.  Pardew's great. I love Ashley'.  The real view though will come out over the next few months, with renewing those two players contracts being a potential flash-point where we will see if two of our better, more senior players share the official view or would rather get out while they can.

To be fair, how in the holy f*ck can anyone on this board know what is or isn't going through the mind of any player(s)?  There's no doubt that there will be a group of players who are well f*cked off with Ashley, a group who are 'middle of the road' or impartial about the bloke and a group that are happy riding on the gravy train as the fat c*nt pays the wages that they mightn't get anywhere else. It all f*cking conjecture and I wouldn't trust what the players say. As soon as you hear the words, 'I love the club, i want to stay for xx number of years'......off they f*ck to pastures new. 

No I havent' missed the point - over the past couple weeks the official view of the players has been 'Business as usual.  Pardew's great. I love Ashley'. 

quotes?

Nice to ignore the rest of my post.  No reply to that, or do you not like it when other people are right?

You can be right in 18months time when Barton and Enrique leave on a free because they share the view that the club is going backwards and won't sign a new contract :thup: you don't get points for suggesting hypothetical events that may not be on the right track, let alone happen :lol: *

Going back to your earlier post:

At the moment it's all nice and chummy

Where's the evidence of this? All I've queried is why the players aren't appearing to be as outraged or upset as some sections of our support would have you believe we should be. This perhaps indicates that there are important things happening at the club which the fans aren't aware of or there is someone/some people who do an incredible job of looking after the players and making them believe that NE1 is right for them.

Some posters have suggested that it's more to do with their wages vs what they would get elsewhere, or that they have a local affinity to the club. It still raises an eyebrow that so much professionalism is being shown when the opportunity is ripe for disgruntled players to get the fans onside with one or two well-timed quotes.

No I havent' missed the point -

This would suggest that you have...

We'll see how willing they are to commit thier futures to a club that is, being claimed in this thread, going in the right direction.

*feel free to quote this post when Enrique and Barton leave on free transfers/are sold for a pittance in Jan 2011.

Taylor signed a new 5.5year deal.

Carroll re-iterated his desire to stay with the club.

Barton re-iterated his desire to stay with the club.

Ben Arfa seemingly signing on a 5.5year deal.

Willamson & Ranger recently extended their deals? Granted, they're not key players but solid Premiership squad players for the next couple of seasons if they continue this season's form.

while i take your point i think each case can be taken on its own merit in context.

Taylor - not even good enough for the 1st team imo and there appeared to be fuck all interest in him from anywhere else. staying here is the easy option, especially since it appears pardew's made him first choice, he'd have gone elsewhere if hughton was here imo.

Carroll - said he wanted to stay here until the end of his career yes, but whilst i consistently say i'm not a hughton fanboy, that was still when he was here and things seemed to be progressing under the man that brought him through. I'd suggest Carroll's commitment to the club has absolutely nothing to do with ashley either way.

Barton - vilified everywhere else and a bit of a cult hero here, likely to be on pretty large wages. seems to have some sense of normality in his life since joining, more down to himself than ashley i'd suggest.

Ben Arfa - in the shop window imo.

Ranger's shown promise but nothing that would necessarily see him get a deal at another premiership club, there was no signs of any interest?

Williamson couldnt even get a game at portsmouth so he's just happy to be here at all imo.

you don't get points for suggesting hypothetical events that may not be on the right track, let alone happen ....

.....All I've queried is why the players aren't appearing to be as outraged or upset as some sections of our support would have you believe we should be. This perhaps indicates that there are important things happening at the club which the fans aren't aware of or there is someone/some people who do an incredible job of looking after the players and making them believe that NE1 is right for them.

Why is your theory any less conjecture than anyone else's? Unless you have some evidence that "there is someone/some people who do an incredible job of looking after the players and making them believe that NE1 is right for them".

Guest guinness_fiend

The fans remain cautious simply because they are not privy to the same information regarding the plans for the club that the players and the staff are.

Ashley has sustained periods of doing the right things behind the scenes, only to follow up such periods with colossal brainfarts that defy logic.  Mid-table and high morale, you say?  Sack the manager.

I maintain that his heart is in the right place.  It's just that his brain is located in his arse.

you don't get points for suggesting hypothetical events that may not be on the right track, let alone happen ....

.....All I've queried is why the players aren't appearing to be as outraged or upset as some sections of our support would have you believe we should be. This perhaps indicates that there are important things happening at the club which the fans aren't aware of or there is someone/some people who do an incredible job of looking after the players and making them believe that NE1 is right for them.

Why is your theory any less conjecture than anyone else's? Unless you have some evidence that "there is someone/some people who do an incredible job of looking after the players and making them believe that NE1 is right for them".

Because my suggestion is exactly that, a suggestion. The Ash Bashers are pronouncing the end of NUFC as we know it and that all the negative tripe is fact (see the HBA thread for a pertinent example).

I'll freely admit that I don't have the reason why the players' views appear to be in contrast to the fans, that's why I started the thread. Perhaps a bit of 'blue sky thinking' can help to put the state of the club into perspective?

With all the negativity flowing through the place, I'm curious to know why this hasn't filtered through to the players. i.e. "the club's losing its core supporters, Ashley will be struggling to half-fill the stadium next season" - why would any half-decent player want to associate his career with the terminal decline of NUFC if the writing is on the wall?

The fans remain cautious simply because they are not privy to the same information regarding the plans for the club that the players and the staff are.

Seems to make sense, given what we've said in the thread already. What kind of things would the players have been told in private that would give them faith in the regime?

To be fair, how in the holy f*ck can anyone on this board know what is or isn't going through the mind of any player(s)?  There's no doubt that there will be a group of players who are well f*cked off with Ashley, a group who are 'middle of the road' or impartial about the bloke and a group that are happy riding on the gravy train as the fat c*nt pays the wages that they mightn't get anywhere else. It all f*cking conjecture and I wouldn't trust what the players say. As soon as you hear the words, 'I love the club, i want to stay for xx number of years'......off they f*ck to pastures new. 

Completely correct. This thread is just all speculation. Players answer to money and whether Ashley likes it or not we are still a big club who have to offer big wages to players. Simple.