Beckham to join toon?

geordiemonster

Why not?

better end product from our own half than any thing we can produce from the edge of oppositions 18 yard box.

Have no issues with it at all, even if he can just help Jonas & Routledge out with their game

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Beckham for Toon? Afraid not. Pardew asked abt it in his Sundays press conference & complimentary. But clarified later by saying 'no chance'

Maybe he thinks we have 'no chance'?

I will be clutching at everything btw.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Beckham for Toon? Afraid not. Pardew asked abt it in his Sundays press conference & complimentary. But clarified later by saying 'no chance'

Maybe he thinks we have 'no chance'?

I will be clutching at everything btw.

Leave some room for me to clutch to too

Why not?

better end product from our own half than any thing we can produce from the edge of oppositions 18 yard box.

Have no issues with it at all, even if he can just help Jonas & Routledge out with their game

I don't think he will add anything to the team.  We are desperately short of pace in the team and he is not going to add anything there.  He might provide a boost to the younger players, but I am not convinced our other veteran Sol Campbell has had the impact people thought he would.  Mainly though he would only be a trophy signing and I imagine he would want a high salary for what could be his last year or two in football.

Guest Geordiesned

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

:booboo:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/02/alan-pardew-hoping-to-have-striker-by-end-of-week-79310-27919088/

Meanwhile, Pardew has ruled out a loan swoop for David Beckham – despite admitting that he is full of admiration for the former England skipper. The LA Galaxy legend has been linked with Newcastle and several other Premier League clubs this week but he will not be coming to St James’ Park.

“David is an asset to a team on a number of levels,” Pardew said.

“But for a manager it is playing level you look at.

“The fact he can deliver a ball and has the experience and guile to play for this team is 100 per cent but there has been no talk about David.”

Wouldn't want him anywhere near.

Can you imagine the circus every training session and match? No thanks.

Not happening anyway thankfully.

We're already a circus. In this time of recession, all we're suggesting is merging them together to save on travel costs.....

Guest Chubby Jason

Yeah Routledge, Guthrie & Smith are all miles better than Beckham. Get a fucking grip, Beckham is a better player than all our midfielders.