15 more points needed minimum

Guest michaelfoster

Even the most negative fan must believe we can pull 4 wins and 3 draws out of 18 games surely?

That's it keep talking like that.

*Black crows settle on nearby rooftops.

:lol: Oh man Parky...only you...only you...

40 points is nonsense anyway, especially if its minimum! Will the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham and Fulham will finish on 39 or 40 points? Absolutely not, there is a reason why some of them dont even have half that amount having played over half the games.

40pts would be a good tally for this season, would have taken it from the start.

Problem is this season is unlike any, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing for final totals, whether were going to see low 30's relegated or high 30's going down, I simply cannot see how it pans out. You'd hope we get 40 and you'd hope 40 would see us safe, but I'm sure teams have gone down with more than 40 (WHU), unlucky to do so, but strange things happen and its a strange season.

Hopefully Pardew won't utter any sort of points target, be it in public or in private with the team. More than anything else, this season's unpredictability means it's hard to accurately forecast what will be required. Just concentrate on picking up points and see where they get you.

If Brum win their game in hand, Wigan would be third bottom on 20 pts from 20 games. So that's 1 point a game average, scale that out till the end of the season and it's a 39 point target to stay up.

I think we have 5 more wins in our locker looking at the fixtures

Barring Chelsea we have played all the top 7 away

The only games i would expect us to struggle and be big underdogs for are the Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea reverse fixtures

We have (statistically) played more of our toughest games than just about anyone else (interestingly Villa are in the same position) - we just don't need to panic and start doing stupid things

Even the most negative fan must believe we can pull 4 wins and 3 draws out of 18 games surely?

That's it keep talking like that.

*Black crows settle on nearby rooftops.

RACIST!!!

40 points is nonsense anyway, especially if its minimum! Will the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham and Fulham will finish on 39 or 40 points? Absolutely not, there is a reason why some of them dont even have half that amount having played over half the games.

For most of the history of the PL there has been a bunch of no-hopers (eg the Mackems) who have been in the departure lounge from week 3

this season is one of the most even we've seen - it's quite possible that once again a team on over 40 points will drop

Only reason we'll stay up is because there are some of the worst teams in the Premier League that I have ever seen, and this time round we are not one of them.

So we'll stay up because we're not one of the worst teams in the league, huh? What a concept.

Only reason we'll stay up is because there are some of the worst teams in the Premier League that I have ever seen, and this time round we are not one of them.

So we'll stay up because we're not one of the worst teams in the league, huh? What a concept.

Something like that.  Basically we're shit, but not THAT shit.