15 more points needed minimum

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Obviously the target this season is survival and 40 points, we now have 25 points so 40 points should be achievable

Key Games

No fixtures allowed - we don't have the requisite IP rights

There isnt even a slight chance that the likes of Wolves will get to 39/40 points. I reckon it will be similar to when we went down, in and around the 35 mark. I would like to think we are safe being effectively 7 points clear as well. West Ham on Wednesday is massive. Win it and we are safe imo.

Guest michaelfoster

I don't think we'll even need that many.

True but id rather we had 40 points by the beginning of April, as i think if were in and around the 40 point and relegation area its gonna be a very nervous end to the season

bit tight this season -

the AVERAGE needed to avoid the drop in the 38 game PL has been 36 but the range for the relegated team in 18th place is 30-42

I reckon we need at least 42 to be safe

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we have 5 more wins in our locker looking at the fixtures

Barring Chelsea we have played all the top 7 away

The only games i would expect us to struggle and be big underdogs for are the Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea reverse fixtures

bit tight this season -

the AVERAGE needed to avoid the drop in the 38 game PL has been 36 but the range for the relegated team in 18th place is 30-42

I reckon we need at least 42 to be safe

Last season had two teams relegated on 30 points at 18/19. Considering the way the league has been going recently with bottom teams, I doubt we're going to need anymore than 35. I'd be interested to look at the table at this point in the season from years passed and see where relegated teams are at. Like I mentioned earlier, if the 13-20 at the moment want to get to the 40 point mark this season they're going to need to win or draw more than 50% of the rest of their games. There's almost no way one of those teams do, let alone a majority of them.

Guest The_Scoreboard

At this time during our relegation season we only had 3 points less, 20 games - 22points  and in 14th :sadnod: will admit things are looking better than then but still not getting excited till we have 35+ with a few games left