Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Barton  Tiote     Nolan      Jonas

Ameobi   Lovenkrands

Would like to see:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge  Barton   Tiote   Jonas

Ameobi   Ranger

Why do you want to move Barton inside, out of a position where he has been excelling?

Will start:

Harper

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Barton  Tiote     Nolan      Jonas

Ameobi   Lovenkrands

Would like to see:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge  Barton   Tiote   Jonas

Ameobi   Ranger

Why do you want to move Barton inside, out of a position where he has been excelling?

Why does he want to start Routledge/Ameobi/Ranger over our second top goalscorer and club captain?

I'd drop Nolan and Shola for Wedenesday as they're not up to 2 games in 3 days.

Disagree, we give them a break (if needed) against Stevenage. No point keeping them 'fresh' for that when they can have 10 days to recuperate before the mackems.

EDIT: Especially when they're, arguably, going to be our two most important players.

Why does he want to start Routledge/Ameobi/Ranger over our second top goalscorer and club captain?

Maybe because he prefers a player with genuine skill and pace, over one who might score/get involved if he feels like it that day.

Maybe because he prefers a player with genuine skill and pace, over one who might score/get involved if he feels like it that day.

we're not as good a team without nolan like.

Disagree, we give them a break (if needed) against Stevenage. No point keeping them 'fresh' for that when they can have 10 days to recuperate before the mackems.

EDIT: Especially when they're, arguably, going to be our two most important players.

not that i'd try and speak for mick, but i think the inference is not that they'll be knackered after the game, but they'll be shit during it. i sort of agree with him really but we dont have many options, just have to hope that tiote deals with their mifield and shola gets another easy finish. i realise that concerning nolan this sort of contradicts my above post, but even if he is a bit sluggish i just think its been proven we're a better team with him this season.

Guest BooBoo

The Nolan bashing is tedious mind. I think most can see that despite his limitations, he's still a very important player for us.

not that i'd try and speak for mick, but i think the inference is not that they'll be knackered after the game, but they'll be shit during it. i sort of agree with him really but we dont have many options, just have to hope that tiote deals with their mifield and shola gets another easy finish. i realise that concerning nolan this sort of contradicts my above post, but even if he is a bit sluggish i just think its been proven we're a better team with him this season.

:thup: doubt he'll be 100% either, but he didn't finish the match (most muscle strains occur within the last 10mins of games), so even if we just get an hour out of him.

Nice attempt :fishing:

Giving them a break at a later date will not give them more stamina/fitness on Wednesday.  They could both play well but so far playing them too often in a short space of time hasn’t worked out like that and I'd rather not carry passengers in an important game.

Giving them a break at a later date will not give them more stamina/fitness on Wednesday.  They could both play well but so far playing them too often in a short space of time hasn’t worked out like that and I'd rather not carry passengers in an important game.

I'd rather have a 45-60 minute spell from an 80% Nolan than a 90 minute spell from a 100% Guthrie or Lovenkrands.

The Nolan bashing is tedious mind. I think most can see that despite his limitations, he's still a very important player for us.

Becoming almost as tedious as the Nolan suck-off.

A point is the minimum required from this game, and 3 should be the target - had the side not been so prone to losing at home to teams they should beat, this would be cast as a def win.

WHU have picked up of late though, and this will be far from easy - anything we get will have to be fought for and a win would ease the pressure for a while.

As i hate him and he is s**** Carlton Cole is nailed on to score.

I know the feeling. I was dreading Boselli breaking his duck against us. Or Andy Useless Johnson getting a flukey deflection and some twunt on MOTD praising him to the skies.