Monument Mall

Guest Tall Striker

Guest Tall Striker

Heard that the NUFC shop at Monument Mall is being shut down by the FCB.

Used to work in there back in the day and it was always great craic, and always a standard port of call when you go to Newcastle after a while away.

Shame.

Guest BooBoo

I really wonder if the club shops do great business these days. Every time I pop in they seem nigh on empty, even on match days. Of course it doesn't help that they sell some absolutely terrible and overpriced rubbish.

It would make sense. Not many clubs have 3 club shops, never mind 3 in the city centre alone, plus the one in the MC.

Monumant Mall has recently been sold, so maybe the owners have decided to change terms or change the direction the Mall is going. There has been a rumour out for a while that TK Maxx are set to take up the whole basement level, so maybe they want to have a level on the ground floor mainly for a more visible entrance.

Guest BooBoo

Whole place is dying a death (Monument Mall), could do with some decent shops in as its a nice little shopping centre.

The rent is far too high apparently. There was a food court on e on the top level but a lot of the places have shut down. Even Boots moved out to go to the cheaper Eldon Square.

It would make sense. Not many clubs have 3 club shops, never mind 3 in the city centre alone, plus the one in the MC.

Monumant Mall has recently been sold, so maybe the owners have decided to change terms or change the direction the Mall is going. There has been a rumour out for a while that TK Maxx are set to take up the whole basement level, so maybe they want to have a level on the ground floor mainly for a more visible entrance.

Arrr fucking yessa. :fwap:

I would say the one on the front of ES is the worst, it seems like a bargain basement full of old gear. Monument one is the better one.

I've got to agree with that, but in reality both of them are fairly small and in a weird configuration. I'm surprised NUFC haven't taken advantage of the musical chairs game going on in ES, since ESS opened, having one larger store in the city centre plus the SJP store, while both Monumant Mall and the current ES store closed down.

Turn it into a KFC. :thup:

Good call. Are you fellow lover of food made by the highest ranking man in fast food? It was killer when the KFC Northumberland street went.

:coolsmiley:

One branch can't meet the demands tbh. :)

Absolutely, thought they were just just refurbishing the one on Northumberland St, now all of a sudden it doesn't even house food.

This is the real disgrace here  :thup:

When the students came back I got stopped by 3 female oriental students who were hovering around outside Newcastle Building Society looking for KFC,  I had to break the news to them that is was gone & then send them to deal with the morons who work at KFC (Bigg Market).

Absolutely, thought they were just just refurbishing the one on Northumberland St, now all of a sudden it doesn't even house food.

When the students came back I got stopped by 3 female oriental students who were hovering around outside Newcastle Building Society looking for KFC,  I had to break the news to them that is was gone & then send them to deal with the morons who work at KFC (Bigg Market).

should've sent them to KFC cowgate.

should've sent them to KFC cowgate.

That would have opened their eyes.