Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

and the liverpool reference, as i understood it, was as we're at the same level as them now their fans would think he was a s*** signing so should we

we should be very happy with seb. until the day we can spend £20 million on a player.  :lol:

Are we still living in this dream world where we have 29 good players and an owner who will spend to bring in top players?

I can't believe some would be unhappy signing Larsson for £1.5m given who are alternatives are to the starting midfield.

Not sure what it will take for this reality check, relegation and Pardew obviously hasn't been enough.

I don't understand your point Madras, my point was not many players would be desperate to play for us unless we were there best option or were some avid Toon fan. So if larsson has other options to consider I wouldn't tell him to fuck off as I understand why he wouldn't instantly be sold on us.

We seem to be debating despite having the same opinion :lol:

I did get up early!

There are players who you would expect to be hesitant to sign for us. like Mikey Owen or HBA for that fact. For some reason I always thought someone like Larsson would jump at the chance to sign for a "big" club like Newcastle. Not saying he isn't entitled to weigh up other options, he can weigh them, scrutinise them then juggle them in each hand before making a decision. But if he's not sold on it then he's probably not the right player for us. That is what I mean.

In other words he can fuck off.

put it this way (guys who are disappointed) if it wasn't for his contract coming to an end. it would cost something more like £5m to sign him.

I don't understand your point Madras, my point was not many players would be desperate to play for us unless we were there best option or were some avid Toon fan. So if larsson has other options to consider I wouldn't tell him to f*** off as I understand why he wouldn't instantly be sold on us.

We seem to be debating despite having the same opinion :lol:

I did get up early!

There are players who you would expect to be hesitant to sign for us. like Mikey Owen or HBA for that fact. For some reason I always thought someone like Larsson would jump at the chance to sign for a "big" club like Newcastle. Not saying he isn't entitled to weigh up other options, he can weigh them, scrutinise them then juggle them in each hand before making a decision. But if he's not sold on it then he's probably not the right player for us. That is what I mean.

In other words he can f*** off.

over liverpool? (if all these rumours are true)

;D I guess it is early, I've confused some people with my post.

My reference to Liverpool was a bit confusing.  It simply meant that Liverpool fans will not be happy signing Larson.  They expect more.  I wasn't comparing us to Liverpool.  Our club is at a totally different stage.  We have just got promoted and are trying to hang on to our PL status.  Liverpool are in a decline and are trying to get up to top 4 again (which wont be easy with the arrival of Man City).  But this is totally of topic.

In the future I'll try not to post so early in the morning or just use short sentences  :lol:

lads, don't forget that barton could be on his way out.

there's no way he's going to get a new contract and we don't want another michael owen situation.

lads, don't forget that barton could be on his way out. .

If so, Larsson is not the answer anyway.

fucking hell i'd like to think the barton(or larson)-carroll-nolan axis is not the foundation for our future as a football club :lol:

frankly i'm amazed it's lasted so long this season - won't last forever though, no matter how good bartons delivery and carrolls arial prowess

we need a plan b, and a plan c at that!

I realy dont like Larson and dont think he will bring anything new to are game!

apart from much needed crossing and amazing free kicks.

Like he's a Brum reserve, man. He's basically started as many PL games as anyone in our squad.

How many FULL 90 mins has he completed..?

18 starts. 2 subs. 1,636 mins completed.

I had a dream last night that Barton said in a press conference he wanted to leave. Man City were frontrunners with a £20m bid  :weep:

i hope that comes true!

Like he's a Brum reserve, man. He's basically started as many PL games as anyone in our squad.

What's that got to do with it, you plonker? :lol:

if it means anything it means we shouldn't have bought tiote (as he only started 10 games for twente last season)

What's that got to do with it, you plonker? :lol:

Why don't you try thinking about it - if that is possible in your unknown galaxy...

It might just mean that he isn't viewed as an indispensable part of the squad...oh, wait - they are prepared to sell him...!

'

Pillock.