Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

tbf i think if you look back to previous performances by guthrie last season when he kept smith out the team, he's decent cover for barton on our buget. It's true that the last couple of games he was awful but you can't judge him on just them games.

Rather than cover for barton, I think we need someone better than routledge, and this fella probably would of been.

There was just something different about last season that I can't quite put my finger on...

Yup point made. But we have watched Simpson step up this season and astonishingly witnessed Leon Best score a Premiership hat trick (and some very good Premiership strikers have never done that). So maybe Danny Guthrie will be the next one to shove it up our ar5es - he was a KK signing too (allegedly). 

I can't see it, the lad has always had no engine at all and I can't see that changing. He doesn't get the space in this league and doesn't have the energy or sprint to make up for it.

The jury is still very much out on Best, Simpson definitely looks much improved but then he has the attributes to improve upon.

Guest GeordieBatistuta

I'm not sure whether BBC Newcastle are exactly itk, but since Bentley to Birmingham hasnt completed, it could rest on that?

Also, keep an eye out to see if Larsson says bye to the fans at the end.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

tbf i think if you look back to previous performances by guthrie last season when he kept smith out the team, he's decent cover for barton on our buget. It's true that the last couple of games he was awful but you can't judge him on just them games.

Rather than cover for barton, I think we need someone better than routledge, and this fella probably would of been.

There was just something different about last season that I can't quite put my finger on...

Yup point made. But we have watched Simpson step up this season and astonishingly witnessed Leon Best score a Premiership hat trick (and some very good Premiership strikers have never done that). So maybe Danny Guthrie will be the next one to shove it up our ar5es - he was a KK signing too (allegedly). 

Guthrie has no pace, no engine- mentally he often bottles out of games, can't see him making it at this level.

Guest Bartons_Bitch

Haven't watched the game closely at all, hows Larsson done outside of set pieces?

Not much, not much at all. Against a team we pissed over twice this season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Haven't watched the game closely at all, hows Larsson done outside of set pieces?

We know you don't like him, we know.

Birmingham are incapable of getting the ball to him outside of set pices. Ends up having to drop so deep just to touch the ball, and from those deeper positions he can't be an attacking threat. He's a complete waste on this team. Just a set piece taker. It's pretty disgusting really.

Guthrie is pretty good technically and is a decent passer of the ball. The problem with him sis that he has absolutely no awareness, constantly gets caught on the ball because he dwells on it too long a lot of the time. He also doesn't get around the pitch too well. Very average

Nolan must be gash then, he didn't do anything at all against a league 2 side.

I can't see it, the lad has always had no engine at all and I can't see that changing. He doesn't get the space in this league and doesn't have the energy or sprint to make up for it.

The jury is still very much out on Best, Simpson definitely looks much improved but then he has the attributes to improve upon.

I can't disagree with that. I was simply making the point that a number of us have been surprised by some of our squad (Caroll included).

Guest Bartons_Bitch

Nolan must be gash then, he didn't do anything at all against a league 2 side.

We could go on all day. But Larsson is wank.

Guest MrSundlofer

Swedish football site fotbollskanalen.se are reporting that Sebastian Larsson want to sign for Liverpool. They also say the offer from Newcastle made other clubs bid for the player.

His agent says: "...Newcastle's director of football and chairman called me and said they wanted Sebastian Larsson and had a deal with Birmingham. Does Sebastian want this? We listened to them and it sounded interesting. We are still talking but now more clubs are interested."

We don't have a director of football?  :frantic:

They (Larsson and his agent) want a good contract and waiting for the best offer. Basically.

It also says they are waiting for Liverpool to come in for the player.