Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

f*** me, Gosling will be on bench.

So it's going to be Guthrie and Smith in midfield, unless routledge plays.  Depressing thoughts.

eh ?

routledge  barton  nolan  jonas

Nolan will be upfront with only Shola fit.

what about best ?

He's 1/2 fit at the moment.

i wonder what that actually means.

f*** me, Gosling will be on bench.

So it's going to be Guthrie and Smith in midfield, unless routledge plays.  Depressing thoughts.

eh ?

routledge  barton  nolan  jonas

Nolan will be upfront with only Shola fit.

what about best ?

He's 1/2 fit at the moment.

I think the fact Pardew was prepared to risk Tiote to chase a game against League Two opposition after an hour gone tells you what Pardew really thinks about Smith. I don't think he'll be in the side.

I'd possibly be tempted with Ferguson left and Jonas right rather than Routledge but a massive risk throwing him into this one.

bizzarre.

I just don't rate Routledge, Smith or Guthrie at all.

i rate ferguson as a prospect but right now he wouldn't get in ahead of routledge the way you describe.

I'd possibly be tempted with Ferguson left and Jonas right rather than Routledge but a massive risk throwing him into this one.

bizzarre.

I think Routledge could be so much more if he was too 'Man Up' and take defenders on and put in a decent cross once in a while!

SMB: To follow. Their current injury list consists of: Lee Cattermole (back), Michael Turner (knee), Nedum Onuoha (hamstring), David Meyler (knee), John Mensah (ankle), Frazier Campbell (knee), Jordan Cook (hamstring) and Danny Welbeck (hamstring).

who is definitely out from that lot?

defintely out ? no-one given that gyan was out for a month and played 3 days later.

realistically onuoha and mensah have good chances of being back, cattermole and welbeck outside chances and the rest are long term. have outside chances of bing ready

bizzarre.

I think Routledge could be so much more if he was too 'Man Up' and take defenders on and put in a decent cross once in a while!

You mean do what he is suppose to do.

That's why I said it'd be a massive risk throwing him in.

oh i see, it's a massive risk putting in someone who just isn't as good as who he's replacing yet.

We've seen what Routledge is capable of this season, feck all. Ferguson in his few cameo appearances (Chelsea away & West Ham at home) has looked dangerous. I've no confidence whatsoever of Routledge doing much on Sunday, there's a chance that Ferguson might just be a wildcard.

That's why I said it'd be a massive risk throwing him in.

oh i see, it's a massive risk putting in someone who just isn't as good as who he's replacing yet.

We've seen what Routledge is capable of this season, feck all. Ferguson in his few cameo appearances (Chelsea away & West Ham at home) has looked dangerous. I've no confidence whatsoever of Routledge doing much on Sunday, there's a chance that Ferguson might just be a wildcard.

he's often got past his man and failed to deliver accuratly and he can push defenders back. much rather him than ferguson at the minute from what i've seen

Guest Wearside

SMB: To follow. Their current injury list consists of: Lee Cattermole (back), Michael Turner (knee), Nedum Onuoha (hamstring), David Meyler (knee), John Mensah (ankle), Frazier Campbell (knee), Jordan Cook (hamstring) and Danny Welbeck (hamstring).

who is definitely out from that lot?

Cattermole - Half a chance depending on who you believe

Turner - Out

Onouha - Back training,fit

Mensah - Out

Meyler - Out

Campbell - Out

Cook - Out

Welbeck - Highly unlikely he will play given he only got a 3 week hamstring injury a week ago,Bruce mind games.

I would be tempted to play Colo in midfield for this one, assuming Taylor or Sol are fit, if not forget I said anything. Think we'll get tonked with the players we are missing though either way :(

Maybe Pardew really did hope that Carroll would be fit, however, given that he is very doubtful for next week's game against Spurs then it seem's likely that his chance of participating in the derby were always virtually non-existent. Two of our top 4/5 players out and arguably the two players who we will feel the effect of missing the most if that makes sense...going to be tough.