FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whether it was at the player or at the ball or at the blade of grass on the touchline, Tiote 'lunged' in a challenge towards the ball and the player ran across his path. The referee, and his linesman, constituted this as being 'dangerous play' and he was sent off. The FA will probably see it in the same way and the ban with probably be upheld. We'll lose Tiote for three PL games.

End of fucking thread.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think this helps tiotes case

Gerrards will be contested by Liverpool and we can highlight the massive difference between the two

:lol:

That's a bit like saying Al Capone was a terrible guy, but when compared with Hitler never should have been done for anything/.

Exactly. I don't know how the procedure works exactly, but I highly doubt the FA considers decisions made by different referees in different games when making their mind up.

2 quite high profile tackles

One significantly worse than the other ( gerrards )

You honestly reckon they will not compare the two if Liverpool appeal

Gerrard - hitler

Tiote - al capone

Gerrards will be contested by Liverpool and we can highlight the massive difference between the two

That's a bit like saying Al Capone was a terrible guy, but when compared with Hitler never should have been done for anything/.

Exactly. I don't know how the procedure works exactly, but I highly doubt the FA considers decisions made by different referees in different games when making their mind up.

Gerrard - hitler

Tiote - al capone

It wouldn't matter one bit even if they did, that's my point. Al Capone was still a fucking criminal. :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Any glimmer of a hope we had has gone now.

fwiw (very little), Gerrard's was a more dangerous tackle because it was much closer to a 50-50.

If Liverpool appeal it will improve our chances

Gerrard - hitler

Tiote - al capone

It wouldn't matter one bit even if they did, that's my point. Al Capone was still a f***ing criminal. :lol:

He was misunderstood, imo.

Gerrard - hitler

Tiote - al capone

Of course they won't. Two seperate games, two seperate challenges, probably to be heard by two seperate panels (not sure how it works). It's completely irrelevant, otherwise they'd all jump into a massive bed, get the popcorn out and watch a copy of 'Football's most horrific Injuries' on DVD, before they heard the appeal.

Guest michaelfoster

fwiw (very little), Gerrard's was a more dangerous tackle because it was much closer to a 50-50.

Your clutching at straws tbh, Tiote lunged in, which was reckless and was his own fault

Don't understand all the hype around De Jong's challenge on Ben Arfa tbh. I mean, David Busst's injury was worse...

I'm not saying we should quote Gerrards tackle as a basis for our appeal,however Gerrards lunge was reckless as it was directed at Carrick whereas Tiote's was at nothing but the ball.

I don't believe the FA will overturn it anyhow,but they most certainly should.

Why was Tiote's lunge reckless?

Because both of his feet left the ground. If he'd been even half a second out of sync, he'd have snapped the player's leg.

He wouldn't have like.

In your opinion. The referee obviously disagreed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is play".

If it said

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against the ball when challenging for the ball when it is play".

It would be a sending off

Guest michaelfoster

He jumped into the tackle, his foot was off the floor so his studs were showing and by jumping into the tackle you lose control of your body and he caught the player after getting the ball

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is play".

If it said

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against the ball when challenging for the ball when it is play".

It would be a sending off

If the player wasn't there, why was he lunging in that direction in the first place? Surely he already had the ball?

Can Dave and Jonny just get off your fucking high horses? It wasn't a reckless challenge, it was a perfectly timed tackle that got the ball without injuring the player. Disgusting how some thinks that red was justified.

Saying that, I don't think for a second it will get rescinded, because the FA are a bunch of twats.

Guest sicko2ndbest

FWIW

Fat Sam just said referees come round at the start of the season and tell players they cannot leave the ground

Dont think this helps the arguement as Tiote left the ground but not in the direction of the player

Can Dave and Jonny just get off your f***ing high horses? It wasn't a reckless challenge, it was a perfectly timed tackle that got the ball without injuring the player. Disgusting how some thinks that red was justified.

Saying that, I don't think for a second it will get rescinded, because the FA are a bunch of twats.

Can't say anyone is arguing otherwise. Nobody has argued otherwise, it's about the force/manner in which he went into the challenge.

I'll get of my fucking high horse when you take your rose black and white tinted specs off.

Because both of his feet left the ground. If he'd been even half a second out of sync, he'd have snapped the player's leg.

He wouldn't have like.

In your opinion. The referee obviously disagreed.

Wey nar.