Reports: Talks held with Jay Bothroyd

Dave

Just a personal opinion on Shola, I hate him.

I can't even bring myself to begin to to talk about his goal scoring record because he is so lazy, careless and unintelligent in general play. In order to justify having Shola on the pitch with his general attributes he would have to score 2 goals every game in my opinion. Just such an absolute donkey of a player. I find I'm just always relieved when he scores as I can never quite believe he has managed to.

At 29 he is still offside as often as he was at the age of 12 I imagine. Still struggles to challenge for headers, never mind win them, without fouling the defenders the majority of the time. Still loses concentration way too much and fumbles the ball under no pressure whatsoever. Just a nightmare to watch. I personally just can't take this type of player. And lo and behold just when you think he might be putting together a tiny bit of anything resembling some sort of form he will get injured.

What kind of human being is this? Seriously?

Other end of the scale but the bit in bold is even more incomprehensibly retarded than Taylor's post in the Shola thread.

Sorry, I actually meant 3 goals a game, and not 2! Yes, Shola's play is that damned awful.

If Shola scored 3 goals a game we'd win every trophy going and he'd be worth £100 million.

Swapping with Routledge would be a really bad thing.

Who'd cover the RW with Barton gone?  We need depth, and Routledge is decent backup.

Why replace our only decent backup for a position when the replacement will act as backup when we already have a platoon of average players waiting for their chance.

I can't even bring myself to begin to to talk about his goal scoring record because he is so lazy, careless and unintelligent in general play. In order to justify having Shola on the pitch with his general attributes he would have to score 2 goals every game in my opinion. Just such an absolute donkey of a player. I find I'm just always relieved when he scores as I can never quite believe he has managed to.

At 29 he is still offside as often as he was at the age of 12 I imagine. Still struggles to challenge for headers, never mind win them, without fouling the defenders the majority of the time. Still loses concentration way too much and fumbles the ball under no pressure whatsoever. Just a nightmare to watch. I personally just can't take this type of player. And lo and behold just when you think he might be putting together a tiny bit of anything resembling some sort of form he will get injured.

And yet you'll argue in favour of Bothroyd who has a significantly inferior goalscoring record. Weird.

Be weird having four left-footed strikers in the squad.

:lol:

Care to name them?

HEHEHEHEHE He thought Best was left footed because he recently scored a hattrick with his left foot HEHEHEHE lets laugh at how stupid he is for thinking this. If I use laughing smile it will show how clever I am for knowing he is actually right footed.

Hehehehe.

Swapping with Routledge would be a really bad thing.

Who'd cover the RW with Barton gone?  We need depth, and Routledge is decent backup.

Why replace our only decent backup for a position when the replacement will act as backup when we already have a platoon of average players waiting for their chance.

considering we've gone for bentley and larson its obvious pardew doesn't really rate routiledge and would prefer someone else in his place so if we moved on routiledge i'd expect a replacement to be gotten

Shola would probably be a 15 goal a season championship player, no idea how he has spent his career in the premier league.

Well considering he scored 10 in 11 starts last season I don't understand what this inference is based on.

That division is dogshit. The likes of Ebanks-Blake and Jason Scotland have ripped it to shreds in the past. Chopra is the Drogba of that division and Kevin Nolan was it's Lampard.

If Shola could keep himself fit for upwards of 40 games he'd hit 25 goals, absolutely no doubt. With Shola's fitness problems lies the difficulty in him ever achieving this, obviously.

would he do it in a team that wasn't far superior to the rest of the league though?  Put Shola in an average championship team and I thinki he would struggle to get more than 15 a season - even if he could stay fit.

And yet you'll argue in favour of Bothroyd who has a significantly inferior goalscoring record. Weird.

Perhaps Bothroyd is peaking now though, wheras Shola has been consistently average through his entire career.

Shola is one of the first names I'd have on my team sheet for Sunday, he can play when he feels up for it and he'll be up for it this weekend.

Regarding the goal scoring records, I think it's very hard to compare the two fairly. Shola has played in much better teams than Bothroyd has and that has to be taken into account. I know my post on Shola was very harsh, but it wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.

However, I really do dislike his play, but it's just a personal thing. I just find him incredibly frustrating, and his overall play usually negatively affects the team in general. Bothroyd I believe is a far more refined player imo, and that is largely what I base my preference on. I think ultimately, he will be better for the whole team if he is on the pitch. Since Bothroyd got his act together he hasn't played in the prem, so wether he will score goals is anyones guess. We create a decent amount of chances so he'll have the opportunities. I think he'll score goals.

Sewelly, please calm down.

You were about to do that though, weren't you?

Infact, look at that list he has made in response, you are desperate to gut him for thinking Best was left footed.

Nah, it's an easy mistake to make, as Besty was just so classy that night.

:smug: