Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

I'd ignore Villa and Sunderland though; the former have too many good players (I know, I know) and Sunderland already have enough points. On top of that, Blackpool still strike me as a creative team who can score more easily than we can.

I don't think we'll go down, but the signs are really ominous at the moment. Beat Wolves and we can all relax a bit.

I'd ignore Villa and Sunderland though; the former have too many good players (I know, I know) and Sunderland already have enough points. On top of that, Blackpool still strike me as a creative team who can score more easily than we can.

I don't think we'll go down, but the signs are really ominous at the moment. Beat Wolves and we can all relax a bit.

Two more than us ;)

Two more than us ;)

Yep, it's that tight but I still think they've already done enough.

Guest Flatline

I think we may freefall

Of course you do.

Coming from the guy who absolutely ridiculed me when I said we`d lose 0-5 stoke, thats really hits the spot.

I think we may freefall

Of course you do.

Coming from the guy who absolutely ridiculed me when I said we`d lose 0-5 stoke, thats really hits the spot.

You could be either totally negative this season or totally positive and you would be proven right at different points throughout the season.

exactly. For that reason I`d put us 20th in terms of form right now. Apathy indeed.

Form Last 6 Games

10. Fulham                W2  D3  L1

11. Man City            W2  D2  L2

12. Wigan                W2  D2  L2

13. WBA                  W1  D4 L1

14. Stoke                W1  D2 L3

15. Birmingham      W2  D1  L3

16. Newcastle    W1  D3  L2

17. Aston Villa        W1  D2 L3         

18. Blackpool          W1  D2 L3

19. Blackburn        W0  D2  L4

20. Sunderland      W0  D1  L5

if that form was repeated over next 8 games - how would the table look?

Guest Flatline

I think we may freefall

Of course you do.

You could be either totally negative this season or totally positive and you would be proven right at different points throughout the season.

Our squad is wafer thin and plagued with injuries. We went into the january window lacking a striker and came out of it without carroll and ameobi. Im negative for a reason, not just for sh.itz and giggles. I love NUFC things are looking rather depressing is all

I think we may freefall

Of course you do.

Our squad is wafer thin and plagued with injuries. We went into the january window lacking a striker and came out of it without carroll and ameobi. Im negative for a reason, not just for sh.itz and giggles. I love NUFC things are looking rather depressing is all

My point was that you could take an extreme view either way this season and still be proven right.  If you keep saying we'll lost 4-0 every game than chances are it will happen, it doesn't mean much if you're wrong in all the other games.

I take it you predictions for Arsenal (H) and Birmingham (A) were defeats as well?

Two more than us ;)

Hmm... '97 re-enactment?

I think we're probably going to stay up still. As I explained in my thread, I think we'll have a morale-based revival once it gets very tight. Even if there is going to be/has been a falling out between the management, I have faith in the players to do well for our sake and not give us a repeat relegation. They wouldn't surrender like they did at Villa, where we still could have pulled ourselves out. My only real concern now I think of it is that they keep obeying Pardew's tactics in the face of manifest failure, so hopefully when/if things look serious enough they'll just disavow him and do what they think is best.

It's going to feel fucking tight in the mean time, though. I almost suggest it needs to for us to return to winning ways. I hope I'm not wrong about them. We're also less likely to see Ben Arfa rescue us than they were - I imagined Wolves might have been his first game and would be marked with a victory.

As others have suggested, having lots of teams beneath us is all well and good but most of them have more form than we have points. We need wins, not draws.

exactly. For that reason I`d put us 20th in terms of form right now. Apathy indeed.

Form Last 6 Games

10. Fulham                W2  D3  L1

11. Man City            W2  D2  L2

12. Wigan                W2  D2  L2

13. WBA                  W1  D4 L1

14. Stoke                W1  D2 L3

15. Birmingham      W2  D1  L3

16. Newcastle    W1  D3  L2

17. Aston Villa        W1  D2 L3         

18. Blackpool          W1  D2 L3

19. Blackburn        W0  D2  L4

20. Sunderland      W0  D1  L5

Is Steve Bruce a bit Souness-like in that he sometimes can manage to string together a series of wins, making people believe the club has turned the corner, only to head into an equally long losing streak? He needs to sign a really big name to stop the stagnation, someone like Michael Owen.

Guest Brazilianbob

Its no good arguing there are teams worse than us in the EPL because that was the case when we went down and we still coulodn't finish ahead of 3 of them. I just cant see this team picking up anything at home now.  Pardew has destroyed the team spirit by tinkering with formations and playing crap players out of position.  We are F***ed I reckon.  Well done Pardew  Ashley and Llambias we had a side capable of getting into europe but that would have meant flashing a bit of cash so they got rid of Carroll to ensure we couldn't make it and that has backfired hugely and dragged us down to the bottom

An then we beat wolves and we are all but safe, chill people! We've had some disappointing games this season but we've also had unbelievable ones. Guess you can't really help it after that shower of shit performance but we've got enough to stay in this league.