Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

In my BBC  league predictor Blackburn is going down... We will finish 10 I had winning... The wolves , Birmngham and WBA games as win. Stock Blackpool and Villa draw and the rest losses... That's 13 points finishing us in 49 points...

Guest Brazilianbob

In my BBC  league predictor Blackburn is going down... We will finish 10 I had winning... The wolves , Birmngham and WBA games as win. Stock Blackpool and Villa draw and the rest losses... That's 13 points finishing us in 49 points...

I reckon we will struggle to get 39 points never mind 49. We couldn't win home games with a full squad, now that we are seriously depleted we are gonna struggle even more to pick up points.  A couple more injuries and a couple more defeats on the trot and the players heads will start to go down.  This Stoke game could be the most important game of the season for us!

Guest Flatline

I reckon we will struggle to get 39 points never mind 49. We couldn't win home games with a full squad, now that we are seriously depleted we are gonna struggle even more to pick up points.  A couple more injuries and a couple more defeats on the trot and the players heads will start to go down.  This Stoke game could be the most important game of the season for us!

Im with Brazilianbob on this one.

We couldnt beat these teams at home with Ben arfa enrique Carroll Barton jonas all fit, what makes you think we can now?

We are basically fielding a league 1 squad here for f.ucks sake :lol:

Current form guide has us 15th http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

Not surprised with Blackburn being bottom. At this rate they have a good chance going down and won't be able to sign the Ronaldinhos and the Riquelmes. They'll even struggle to hold on to their current Samba star.

...and four of the teams with worse form are below you already - Blackburn, Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan. Beat Wolves (who are still 7 points behind you) at home in a couple of games time and I just can't see you going down.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Im with Brazilianbob on this one.

We couldnt beat these teams at home with Ben arfa enrique Carroll Barton jonas all fit, what makes you think we can now?

We are basically fielding a league 1 squad here for f.ucks sake :lol:

I got use finishing 8th on 51pts. Geting wins on at West Brom, Blackpool and Wolves.

With West Brom in 18th on 36 pts, Wigan in 19th on 35pts and Wolves bottom on 32pts.

I got use finishing 8th on 51pts. Geting wins on at West Brom, Blackpool and Wolves.

With West Brom in 18th on 36 pts, Wigan in 19th on 35pts and Wolves bottom on 32pts.

I can't see Wolves that low to be fair they have very high team spirit....

Current form guide has us 15th http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

Not surprised with Blackburn being bottom. At this rate they have a good chance going down and won't be able to sign the Ronaldinhos and the Riquelmes. They'll even struggle to hold on to their current Samba star.

...and four of the teams with worse form are below you already - Blackburn, Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan. Beat Wolves (who are still 7 points behind you) at home in a couple of games time and I just can't see you going down.

Can see where you're coming from  :thup:   but hey its a strange league and this season has been weirder than usual.

I can't believe that so many are so confident given that we are only 6 points off the relegation zone. I know the typical answer is that there are so many teams below us. But I did a quick check of our form vs all the teams below us since the end of the transfer window (when 'many teams 'below' us did in fact strengthen their team/squad)

Here's what I got

Newcastle - 6 points in 6 games

Fullham - 9 points in 5 games

Stoke - 4 points in 6 games

Villa - 5 points in 5 games

Blackburn - 1 point in 5 games (the one point being against us!)

Blackpool - 4 points in 6 games

West Brom - 7 points in 6 games

Birmingham - 8 points in 6 games

West Ham - 10 points in 5 games

Wolves - 8 points in 6 games

Wigan - 5 points in 5 games

Looking at the above, a few things strike me:

1) The bottom 3 of Wigan, Wolves and West Ham has improved quite significantly (especially the latter 2) and will move up the table soon

2) Only Blackpool, Blackburn and Stoke has had worst points collection than us, Wigan & Villa will depend on how they do in their game in hand

3) If our form continue and you extrapolate it over a longer period, especially with 2 away games and injured players falling on the side like flies, it won't be long before we get drag into the mix. Then it will depend whether we panic or stay calm.

I think we will be dragged into the mix but might just escape by the skin of our teeth (especially if we get the likes of Barton & Enrique back), but how anybody can be so confident is beyond me??

Screw it.

We have enough class in the first team to make top half, never mind avoid relegation.

We've shown that we have the ability to fight through injuries/suspensions to key players.

There are 11 teams below us and we can't possibly fuck up more than all but two of them.

And seriously, when's the last fucking time a team in the top half in January went down.

Ashley could sell Barton and Carroll, sack Pardew, and put the club up for sale tomorrow and we'd probably still scrape through somehow.

In FM terms, it's time to "Change Season Expectations" from avoid relegation to mid-table finish.

Yeah.

You won't go down due to the sheer number of teams between you and the bottom 3. But a highly disappointing conclusion to what looked like a very positive season is looking increasingly likely.

Guest BooBoo

Considering today now looks a write off, the Wolves game is huge. Lose it and we are very much in a scrap.

For what its worth, I think we will lose it. I can see this "Cant win on at home on a Saturday at 3pm" becoming one of these long drawn out hoodoos like the "never win in London" run.

Back in the thick of it now. But we are most definitely the least likely to go down out of the bunch.

yes and not so sure.

We're top of the pile, 4 points clear and have a much much better goal difference.

Here's the bottom line guys.

If it makes you happy to keep telling yourself "WE'RE IN DANGER" every time a bad result happens, keep doing it.

There's nothing I can do for ya.

it was always the number of points we were from relegation, not the league placing we had that made me think that. fwiw i never had sunderland as being out of it either.