Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

Guest palnese

Does Best out of the season injury changes anything? Can we still do it with Ameobi & Lovenkrads upfront?

It doesn't change the fact that two wins will see us through.

Not Safe yet considering everyone seems to be beating everyone else at the moment.

I dont think that I will be happy until we are mathematically safe.

You'll be waiting a while, Spurs in 5th can still finish bottom.

Guest Roger Kint

I think another 21 points will guarantee safety

How many of the bottom 3 can reach 60 points? :cheesy:

Not Safe yet considering everyone seems to be beating everyone else at the moment.

I dont think that I will be happy until we are mathematically safe.

Everyone beating each other is fine by me, means nobody can put a run together and it would take several teams below us all putting a run together to cause us any problems.

I think another 21 points will guarantee safety

How many of the bottom 3 can reach 60 points? :cheesy:

all of them man coz they're all beating each other! I would be happy with 44 which I think is attainable with or without Best

The general consensus on here is that Sunderland, although doing amusingly badly at the moment, won't go down.

So why are there still reservations about whether you'll stay up? Just natural pessimism?

The general consensus on here is that Sunderland, although doing amusingly badly at the moment, won't go down.

So why are there still reservations about whether you'll stay up? Just natural pessimism?

In their final 6 games Sunderland will play against just one team in the top half and against 4 teams in the bottom 6

After today, half of our remaining fixtures are against top six teams.  *

I think we're safe, but I'd say we've got the harder road to travel when it comes to putting further daylight between ourselves and the bottom.  

* - "remaining games" observations based off legally published list of already occurred fixtures.  Any resemblance to an actual fixture list is entirely coincidental. 

In their final 6 games Sunderland will play against just one team in the top half and against 4 teams in the bottom 6

After today, half of our remaining fixtures are against top six teams.  *

I think we're safe, but I'd say we've got the harder road to travel when it comes to putting further daylight between ourselves and the bottom. 

* - "remaining games" observations based off legally published list of already occurred fixtures.  Any resemblance to an actual fixture list is entirely coincidental. 

You could look at Sunderlands situation completely differently though. They're playing absolute dogshit, and they have to face 6 sides who are all fighting for their lives.

After today, half of our remaining fixtures are against top six teams.  *

You could look at Sunderlands situation completely differently though. They're playing absolute dogshit, and they have to face 6 sides who are all fighting for their lives.

I thought about that angle, but regardless of any teams form I'm guessing they'd still rather have 3 games against desperate west brom, wigan and wolves sides than manu, chelsea and liverpool. 

Guest north shields lad

We are safe. We could lose every match and stay up. We wont like, i fancy us to get somthing today.

We are safe. We could lose every match and stay up. We wont like, i fancy us to get somthing today.

Might be close like. Fancy us to get something from West Brom and the Brummies though.

Manure will have Rooney returning from suspension firing on all cylinders again, Blackpool is tough to grind anything out from although fingers crossed we should have some more bodies back.

Carrol is guaranteed to score against us, although the game could be tasty if our players are actually up to it and Nolan doesn't just join in with Carrol's goal celebrations. We could quite easily come into the brummie game with three demoralising loses, then if we slip up at home we will likely be beaten at Chelsea and be completely spiritless for the final West Brom game.

On the positive side, we have Tiote back, maybe Ireland coming in, then Nolan and Barfa to return to give us some boost. I think we will pick up some points without any problem. Be more worried if I was a Mackem. Be even more worried if I was a Mackem interested in football.

Think we will end up 14th.