Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Brummie, do you think any of your boys will leave now? As for Bent, i think he's going to own if you play 4-5-1 but sick if you play him alongside anyone. Couldn't form a partnership with Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Pavlychenko, Gyan and Jones so can't see it suddenly changing.

I have a feeling - and it is probably just me - that Houllier doesn't fancy Gabby much. He's stuck him out wide a bit recently.

Carew will leave, absolutely nailed on, now.

Downing they have said tonight is going nowhere. Young I still think will sign a new contract but, to be honest, based on his form of the last 18 months, I am not too worried if he doesn't. We've got Marc Albrighton coming along very nicely, too.

What we need to do is trim away some of the utter dross MON left us with on high wages. NRC is out of contract in the summer and will go, esp now we have signed Makoun. Sidwell is gone, Curtis Davies will definitely go this window.  Habib Beye will go, too, hopefully.

To be entirely honest, in this shit season, it has not been the kids who have let us down - they've done us proud - it has been some older, more experienced players who you'd excpect more from.

Danny Mills saying "Why is he going to relegation Aston Villa when he could stay at European chasing Sunderland? It must be for money"

Aye Danny, I forgot the season ended on January 17th now.

Brummie, do you think any of your boys will leave now? As for Bent, i think he's going to own if you play 4-5-1 but sick if you play him alongside anyone. Couldn't form a partnership with Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Pavlychenko, Gyan and Jones so can't see it suddenly changing.

I have a feeling - and it is probably just me - that Houllier doesn't fancy Gabby much. He's stuck him out wide a bit recently.

Downing they have said tonight is going nowhere. Young I still think will sign a new contract but, to be honest, based on his form of the last 18 months, I am not too worried if he doesn't. We've got Marc Albrighton coming along very nicely, too.

What we need to do is trim away some of the utter dross MON left us with on high wages. NRC is out of contract in the summer and will go, esp now we have signed Makoun. Sidwell is gone, Curtis Davies will definitely go this window.  Habib Beye will go, too, hopefully.

To be entirely honest, in this shit season, it has not been the kids who have let us down - they've done us proud - it has been some older, more experienced players who you'd excpect more from.

Sorry, i totally forgot about Warnock.

Since the CC Final last year, he's been beyond awful and is, apparently, desperate to leave. Unhappy bunny.

If Ireland and Heskey go the other way and they only see £8m or so I'll laugh myself a hernia.

If that happened, I think I would laugh so much, I'd spit out one of my kidneys.

It won't, though

£4m with Warnock.  :laugh:

Guest neesy111

If Ireland and Heskey go the other way and they only see £8m or so I'll laugh myself a hernia.

If that happened, I think I would laugh so much, I'd spit out one of my kidneys.

It won't, though

Throw in Beye and it's 2M.

It won't, though

Throw in Beye and it's 2M.

Nigel Reo-Cockend and its no money.

So...Ireland, Heskey, Warnock, Beye & Reo-Cockend for Bent and the Spuds get no money torwards their bid for AC9  :shifty:

Guest kingdawson

To be entirely honest, in this s*** season, it has not been the kids who have let us down - they've done us proud - it has been some older, more experienced players who you'd excpect more from.

You lot have actually been playing some food football this season tbh (deserved at least a point against us at the Lane). With the addition of Bent you're easily a top half team. It's such a shame a player of Ireland's class has decided to perform so badly. An in form Ireland, along with Bent, Young, Albrighton, Downing and Makoun is pretty damn good. I pray we don't make any move for Agbonlahor tbh.

----------------Makoun-------Ireland---------------

Albrighton-------------Young-----------------Downing

----------------------------Bent---------------------------

Altough Young hasn't been that impressive playing off the striker whenever i've seen him. Probably Petrov or Delph for Ireland too......what's your prefered team Brummie?

From the Telegraph

Tottenham in line for Sunderland sell-on fee

»Tottenham will benefit from Darren Bent’s departure from Sunderland to the tune of a seven-figure payment, which formed part of the agreement when the striker left White Hart Lane.

Bent left Spurs for an initial £10 million, rising to a possible £16.5 million with payments for appearances, goals, international caps and a slice of any sell-on fee.

Spurs have already received extra monies, believed to be around £2 million, and could receive 20 per cent of any profit Sunderland make. So if he goes for £20 million, Spurs may be in line for 20 per cent of the £8 million profit, a useful £1.6 million.

Guest kingdawson

Ireland in CM   :nope:

I don't think they'll play that. An on form Ireland is better then Downing imo so Young on the left, Ireland playing off Bent, and Delph given a run of games in cm is probably the best choice.

Ireland in CM   :nope:

I don't think they'll play that. An on form Ireland is better then Downing imo so Young on the left, Irelan playing off Bent, and Delp given a run of games in cm is probably the best choice.

Yeah, Ireland has never played well in CM as far as I remember. All his good form came playing off a forward.

Downing has been Villa's best player this season, would be crazy to drop him.

Guest kingdawson

From the Telegraph

Tottenham in line for Sunderland sell-on fee

»Tottenham will benefit from Darren Bents departure from Sunderland to the tune of a seven-figure payment, which formed part of the agreement when the striker left White Hart Lane.

Bent left Spurs for an initial £10 million, rising to a possible £16.5 million with payments for appearances, goals, international caps and a slice of any sell-on fee.

Spurs have already received extra monies, believed to be around £2 million, and could receive 20 per cent of any profit Sunderland make. So if he goes for £20 million, Spurs may be in line for 20 per cent of the £8 million profit, a useful £1.6 million.

Messiah Levy strikes again.

To be entirely honest, in this s*** season, it has not been the kids who have let us down - they've done us proud - it has been some older, more experienced players who you'd excpect more from.

You lot have actually been playing some food football this season tbh (deserved at least a point against us at the Lane). With the addition of Bent you're easily a top half team. It's such a shame a player of Ireland's class has decided to perform so badly. An in form Ireland, along with Bent, Young, Albrighton, Downing and Makoun is pretty damn good. I pray we don't make any move for Agbonlahor tbh.

----------------Makoun-------Ireland---------------

Albrighton-------------Young-----------------Downing

----------------------------Bent---------------------------

Altough Young hasn't been that impressive playing off the striker whenever i've seen him. Probably Petrov or Delph for Ireland too......what's your prefered team Brummie?

That's the thing.

The results have been largely awful, but there is absolutely no doubt we've played some really decent footbal.

Fulham (a)

Stoke (a)

Spurs (a)

Man U (h)

.. these were all matches where we played really good stuff at times, but we only took 2 points from that lot.

One problem we've had is that the defence has looked shaky, and the midfield has been so injury hit and generally poor, it puts more pressure on it. Hopefully Makoun will help fix that. Petrov has to go, he's clearly past it. NRC will go.

We need to get a goalscorer, stiffen up at the back, and change the centre of our midfield. IF we get Adam in this week, as is rumoured down here, and if we sign Bent, I reckon we'd see us playing a 4-5-1 as you said above, except with him instead of Ireland

Friedel

Walker - Cuellar - Dunne / Collins - Clark

Makoun - Adam

Albrighton - Young - Downing

Bent

I'd actually have Luke Young in instead of Clark and play him and Walker as the FBs, but word is Young's injury is more serious than thought.