Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Walker looking good the 2 games he's played i take it?

Very much so going forward, slightly frightening defensively at times. Early doors yet, but he's a much better bet there than Warnock

If Dalglish takes him back to Liverpool, he's spent his ten years out of football mainlining heroin.

Guest Heneage

Walker looking good the 2 games he's played i take it?

Very much so going forward, slightly frightening defensively at times. Early doors yet, but he's a much better bet there than Warnock

If Dalglish takes him back to Liverpool, he's spent his ten years out of football mainlining heroin.

But he cares about the club, you can't buy dat!

RTG is back uP for those who need amusing. Seems a lot of them are pissed off as he was one of them, loved the club etc..then bolted at the first offer. The rest of them think he's 4th choice striker when Campbell is back fit anyway  :lol:

Good deal in terms of money but a bad one in general IMO. You can't afford to sell players who end up getting 15-20 league goals a season even for a fee like one the been suggested. 24m on a replacement striker would struggle to equal or better that.

Guest toonlass

Omg If that is true then I think my next door neighbour might just explode in rage tomorrow. He was close to it today, this might just tip him over the edge!  :mackems:

Omg If that is true then I think my next door neighbour might just explode in rage tomorrow. He was close to it today, this might just tip him over the edge!  :mackems:

Lol, saw the story, amazing stuff. You'll have to keep an ear out for when he gets up, camera at the ready.  :laugh:

Guest toonlass

Can someone make that villa/Sunderland badge look like it's torn down the middle, you know like when celebs split up and papers do their photos torn down the middle?

Guest toonlass

Lol, saw the story, amazing stuff. You'll have to keep an ear out for when he gets up, camera at the ready.  :laugh:

I don't think I need to set my alarm clock in the morning. Am sure his screams will wake up the whole cul-de-sac!

"Coaches at Sunderland and all his previous clubs have described Bent as one of the most sensitive players they have worked with – and it is his likeable but fragile nature which was at the very heart of all yesterday’s remarkable events."

Tell me about it, I beat him on Call Of Duty once and he deleted me from his friends list.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=559585#ixzz1BLe3nLtn

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Also "Sites"  :facepalm:

You have to wonder what is behind this move - there are several possible reasons ;-

1. Bent is unhappy at Sunderland(they won't admit this if true)

2. Bruce has someone else lined up - if not it would go down badly with our dear neighbours..

3. Villa are going to sell someone for a fairly large fee - my money is on either Ashley Young or Agbonlahor ; if Young, the likely destination is Liverpool or Spurs. Let's face it, Lerner wouldn't fund any more big transfers for MON without him raising cash first so the odds are that Houllier is in the same position.

4. Bruce has realised that Bent is better in a 4-5-1 formation and he has spent 13m on Gyan so has to play 4-4-2 if Bent is still at the club.

The whole thing is not unlike our sale of Andy Cole to Man U in 1995 - completely out of the blue and a shock to supporters...not impossible that the Mackems could get Agbonlahor in part-ex as we did with Gillespie. Whether it works out as well for our dear neighbours as it did for us(signing Ferdinand then Shearer 18 months later), remains to be seen - wonder if Bruce will go on to the steps of the SOS a'la KK to explain this move to the fans.........!!

More of interest to our fans will be whether NUFC are involved in ANY transfer activity.....

Good deal by Sunderland imo. Hes a good striker but not worth 18-24m.

Agree about the size of fee but it is possible it may rebound on them....that was also the gamble KK took when he allowed Andy Cole to go.