Worst England team in my living memory

HawK

How fickle are football fans?  :lol:

After the WC qualifiers everyone was like "UNBEATABLE, WE´LL WIN WORLD CUP. BEST TEAM SINCE 66 AND THE BEXT STRIKER IN THE WORLD WAYNE ROOOONEEEEYYYYYYYYY"

Then after you got schooled by the Nazis England is absolutely s***.

They weren't like.

I wasn't.

In Lescott's defence (no pun intended) he was superb at Everton. His career has really hit the skids since joining City though.

How fickle are football fans?  :lol:

After the WC qualifiers everyone was like "UNBEATABLE, WE´LL WIN WORLD CUP. BEST TEAM SINCE 66 AND THE BEXT STRIKER IN THE WORLD WAYNE ROOOONEEEEYYYYYYYYY"

Then after you got schooled by the Nazis England is absolutely s***.

They weren't like.

I wasn't.

Yah kid is obviously trolling.

I still think the current team has a good tournament left in them. The last World Cup was a disaster, for various reasons, but we do have real quality in Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Gerrard, and Rooney.

We've had real problems at keeper (which may be sorted with Hart) and at target man (which may be sorted with Carroll)

Terry's finished,man,and tbh he was distinctly mediocre when he wasn't.

Rooney - League 1 standard.  Nothing more than hype.

Hyperbolic, much?

I'll be the first to admit that you English have overhyped Rooney to ridiculous degrees, but to suggest he is "League 1 standard" - even if trying to win the N-O WUM of the Year award, is ludicrous and pathetic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2009-2010 wasn't he on course to beat Cronaldo's scoring record until injury curtailed his season?

Lescott cost £8m more than Shearer.

I think when inflation is considered, the price will be much closer. Also, you have to consider the football environment. Shearer's was the highest fee in history at the time, while Lescott was nowhere near this. Thinking of all this, I think Shearer will have cost more in relative terms.

England is in a transition time, imo. These are always tough times for nations, and even the likes of Brasil can attest to this. By 2014, the new generation will have supplanted the old, and your press will be convinced the team will win again.

easy to say as a fan (kind of) but capello should simply have wiped the slate clean after 2010 WC - dropped every single one of them and told them to win their place back

that he didn't speaks volumes, it's going to drag onto the next tournament where the same shit will happen again before he leaves with his wedge

I've lost all interest in England, similar to Otter. If I had to choose an XI, it would look something like this off the top of my head:

Hart

Martin Kelly   Ferdinand     Terry*    Cole

Barton    Wilshere   Gerrard   Adam Johnson

Carroll    Defoe

Inexperienced, a bit fearless, but would develop well over time IMO.

Not a chance. :lol:

* - Would look to replace as soon as.

Fixed.

Hart (though I'm still thoroughly unconvinced by him)

Richards   Ferdinand   Terry   Cole

Wilshere   Gerrard

Walcott           Rooney         A Johnson

Carroll

That's the team i'd be picking aswell. Be looking out for CB to come in for JT though, Cahill/Lescott/Dawson are all no no's! 20 million for Gary Cahill, i'd snap their hands off if i was Bolton getting offered money like that for a bang average CB! If Glen Johnson got back to form and worked on his shocking defending i'd be tempted to move Richards inside and play him RB.