Worst England team in my living memory

HawK

Born in '84, can't think of a worse 11 we've ever had. Regardless of how they play for their clubs, when playing for England they are total garbage.

Evidenced partially by the fact that absolutely no top English footballers play, or are wanted, in other top European leagues since the early 90's (Hargreaves hardly counts).

State of English football is just shockingly bad, all we seem to do is produce athletes rather than good footballers, and as Barca show, you don't have to be the most athletically gifted to be so dominant. I still don't see what all the fuss with Rooney is about, Scholes is twice the player he'll ever be and he's knocking on the door towards 40 now.

Not so much as a debating point as a rant, been wanting to say this for a while now.

Team that USA beat 2-0 - Fucking dross.

1 Chris Woods  

2 Lee Dixon  

3 Tony Dorigo  

4 Carlton Palmer   off 61'

5 Gary Pallister  

6 David Batty  

7 Paul Ince ©  

8 Nigel Clough  

9 Lee Sharpe  

10 Les Ferdinand   off 35'

John Barnes  

12 Des Walker   on 61'

13 Ian Wright   on

Team that USA beat 2-0 - f***ing dross.

1 Chris Woods 

2 Lee Dixon 

3 Tony Dorigo 

4 Carlton Palmer  off 61'

5 Gary Pallister 

6 David Batty 

7 Paul Ince © 

8 Nigel Clough 

9 Lee Sharpe 

10 Les Ferdinand  off 35'

John Barnes 

12 Des Walker  on 61'

13 Ian Wright  on

Would put them ahead of the current lot.

Well, the starting XI that are picked are pretty terrible but there is a very capable starting XI available - we just don't pick them preferring to stick with undroppable individuals and ignore who would form the best team.

HawK - Whay made you think of England crap XI @ around about 10pm on Saturday night?

I've been fuming away for 2-3 years about this lol, no idea just wanted to post it out there, see if any one agrees

The overriding feeling of me is the mentality a lot of players have adopted. For some, it is no longer a thrilling honour to play for England; it is but a requirement in their calendar.

There is also a fear of changing the status quo. Far too many players have been picked far too long on name alone.

Guest Howaythetoon

1 Chris Woods  - would get into the current XI

2 Lee Dixon  - see above

3 Tony Dorigo  - would make the squad

4 Carlton Palmer  off 61' - awful

5 Gary Pallister  - would make the squad

6 David Batty  - would make the squad or even XI

7 Paul Ince ©  - see above

8 Nigel Clough  - awful

9 Lee Sharpe  - would make the squad

10 Les Ferdinand  off 35' - would make the squad or even XI

John Barnes  - was finished at the time

12 Des Walker  on 61' - see above

13 Ian Wright  on - would make the squad

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Lee Dixon was a decent RB myself and would make it ahead of Johnson. A poor man's Gary Neville but far better than Johnson in my opinion.

My level of interest in the national side is at a all time low. The summer finished me as an England fan. Crapello is just counting his wedge and will tread water until he inevitably steps down.

England were one of the worst countries in South Africa, absolute disgrace really.

My level of interest in the national side is at a all time low. The summer finished me as an England fan. Crapello is just counting his wedge and will tread water until he inevitably steps down.

England were one of the worst countries in South Africa, absolute disgrace really.

Very much the opinion I hold too. Not suprising considering the daft contract he is on, FA changed his contact so they couldn't fire him cheap after the WC n all which is very odd.

As much as I loathe him I'd give Redknapp a pop. He obviously wants it and I think he'd do alright.

My level of interest in the national side is at a all time low.

Agree with this tbh. Even under Sven at Germany 2006 some of the players were quite likeable and we were a tad unfortunate, despite the usual shaky start. Currently, I struggle to feel any kind of affinity for any of the players in an England shirt.

I've lost all interest in England, similar to Otter. If I had to choose an XI, it would look something like this off the top of my head:

Hart

Johnson    Ferdinand    Terry*    Cole

Barton    Wilshere  Gerrard  Adam Johnson

Carroll    Defoe

Inexperienced, a bit fearless, but would develop well over time IMO.

Not a chance. :lol:

* - Would look to replace as soon as.

pretty much agree with this,  I think france 98 was the last time an England defeat hurt me.

Guest Howaythetoon

My thoughts too. I'd love to see a manager come in and drop the old guard and replace them with youngsters and look towards building a team for the future. How half the players still get a game for England defies belief. That said its hard for an England manager to experiment and be so bold due to the win the World Cup now or go attitude of the media and indeed many a fan.

Guest Stephen927

Capello's hands are tied in some regards, as the sad fact is the FA want players who'll put arses on seats playing for England.

Capello's hands are tied in some regards, as the sad fact is the FA want players who'll put arses on seats playing for England.

I agree, but his selection of Gareth Barry in almost every single starting XI is completely indefensible.

England r not that bad at all at the moment

Joe hart - better than James + robinson

Ferdinand - injury prone but still good as ever

Terry - see above

Ashley cole - good as ever

Adam Johnson - best right winger after beckham

Wilshere - can't be any worse than Ferrara / pampers / Carrick / Barry

Rodwell - see above

Jordan Henderson - still raw

James Milner - needs to be played in the middle

Andy caroll - better than heskey

Rooney - off form at the moment

Apart from the defenders, England have a batch of young + up n coming players who can't do any worse than current lot