The 'Group' are off to Portugal

Fenham Mag

I like the idea that the players are goig for a training stint/break somewhere else. Due to the paper thin squad, most of them are knackered. The change of the environment will hopefuly recharge their batteries for the run in and spending time as a group will hopefully strengthen the bond and team spirit. Pardew gets some credit for this.

After the run of games they've had and our injury list this is well timed (as long as no one gets in to trouble)

Gives Pardew a chance to spend more time with the players and key coaching staff while the same applies to Carver.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It just occured to me, if Pardew is in Portugal, does that mean he won't be involved with transfer negotiations or worse that he has given up and that there will be no incomings?

You're right

There is no network coverage in Portugal AT ALL

It just occured to me, if Pardew is in Portugal, does that mean he won't be involved with transfer negotiations or worse that he has given up and that there will be no incomings?

I initially thought the same but I think these days our manager is only minimally involved in transfer negotiations. He'll probably get a call along the lines of "Awight Pawds, how's about Robbie Earnshaw? Well the thing is, we're signing him. Enjoy Portugal geez!"

I initially thought the same but I think these days our manager is only minimally involved in transfer negotiations. He'll probably get a call along the lines of "Awight Pawds, how's about Robbie Earnshaw? Well the thing is, we're signing him. Enjoy Portugal geez!"

You might be right, I just would prefer the manager to meet the player face to face before signing especially if it is a major buy. This is also important if there are more than one buying club, the player would be more impressed with the manager who took the effort to meet him instead of just talking on the phone

You're right

There is no network coverage in Portugal AT ALL

Genius! I didn't know Portugal has telcommunication facilities, thought they were still using pigeon post  :rolleyes: