Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's little doubt he's a daft s*** off the pitch, but I struggle to bring myself to hate someone who gives 100% whenever he pulls on the shirt. Each to their own though.

Same.  Don't get the people who hate our own players when the worst they've done is not being good enough.  I guess you'll always find people like that in life.

Nothing to do with the cheating, constantly blaming and pointing at those around him, arselicking every manager who walks through the door, and generally being a complete and utter arsehole then?

Guest Stephen927

The difference is, when John Terry does it, he doesn't do it for the cameras, it's to benefit the team and give a spark of motivation to those struggling. Steven Taylor does it primarily to hide his weaknesses.

There's little doubt he's a daft s*** off the pitch, but I struggle to bring myself to hate someone who gives 100% whenever he pulls on the shirt. Each to their own though.

Same.  Don't get the people who hate our own players when the worst they've done is not being good enough.  I guess you'll always find people like that in life.

Nothing to do with the cheating, constantly blaming and pointing at those around him, arselicking every manager who walks through the door, and generally being a complete and utter arsehole then?

You just described 50% of modern footballers.

Don't see why cheating is such a bad thing.  You must see Colo do it and you think the sun shines out of his arse.

Is it just me or is Steven Taylor far, far more popular amongst our general support than on here?  This extends to the likes of True Faith and The Mag from what I've seen - I mainly see him getting slagged off on here and nowhere else.

I would say "the internet" rather than just on here, he gets a lot of stick on another forum I use for the usual stuff (pointing, geordie hero, chest puffed out etc..).

I don't mind him tbh.

Don't see why cheating is such a bad thing.  You must see Colo do it and you think the sun shines out of his arse.

Can't remember ever seeing Colo pretend to be hurt or dive, like.

whats the difference between that and deliberate fouling.......cheating is cheating isn't it ?

Same.  Don't get the people who hate our own players when the worst they've done is not being good enough.  I guess you'll always find people like that in life.

Don't see why cheating is such a bad thing.  You must see Colo do it and you think the sun shines out of his arse.

But you've never seen him cheat?  I've seen him a dive as well, I don't mind it either, it's gamesmanship up to a point.  I don't mind if any of our players do it, whether its Colo or Taylor or whoever.  Shearer did it enough in the past.

I'm not going to hate anyone of them over it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

whats the difference between that and deliberate fouling.......cheating is cheating isn't it ?

"Tactical Fouls are an artform" - Italians.

Who is this Ireland lad though? Seen him?

Ireland thread is the new Saylor thread.  Rumor thread is the new Barton Contract thread.  Guthrie thread for all other general footie chat please.

I've generally got no problem with a defender who occasionally stands on a foot or grabs a shirt - defenders are taught those tricks from their first day at the academy. Pretending to be hurt with the most unconvincing and embarrassing display of acting is another matter.

But you've never seen him cheat?  I've seen him a dive as well, I don't mind it either, it's gamesmanship up to a point.  I don't mind if any of our players do it, whether its Colo or Taylor or whoever.  Shearer did it enough in the past.

I'm not going to hate anyone of them over it.

With Taylor it's a vast combination of cuntish characteristics.

I've generally got no problem with a defender who occasionally stands on a foot or grabs a shirt - defenders are taught those tricks from their first day at the academy. Pretending to be hurt with the most unconvincing and embarrassing display of acting is another matter.

not the first to do it, won't be the last, so it's his acting ability you are having a go at ?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

As people have said before it tends to be people on the internet that hate Taylor more than in real life, maybe because most on the internet aren't locals.  I find myself defending him to balance out the irrational hatred.

As people have said before it tends to be people on the internet that hate Taylor more than in real life, maybe because most on the internet aren't locals.  I find myself defending him to balance out the irrational hatred.

Loads of people who sit around me at the match have identified the fact that Taylor is a footballing fraud.

I'm local, I dislike him a lot.

Loads of people who sit around me at the match have identified the fact that Taylor is a footballing fraud.

Less so though.  I think about 5% on here defend Taylor, a lot less than round the pubs/at the match.

As I say I think locals maybe defend him a bit more and people from other parts of the world seem to have less time for him.

I'm local, I dislike him a lot.

That's why I used the word 'tend' i.e. there is a tendency.