MLS

Kaizero

• 2 months later...

In New York or LA? If in New York, no atmosphere. If in LA, a little bit more atmosphere but not much. If you sit near the Riot Squad or Angel City Brigade you'll get a decent atmosphere, anywhere else on the ground they're just there to watch the game.

Haven't been to any away games, so my only experiences are watching Seattle at the CLink.

It's loud, a little bit wanky, and you're surrounded by people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. The first few times I went to matches I thought I was unlucky to always be standing next to a half-wit there desperately trying to impress a date with his futbol knowledge. After a few more matches I realized that those guys are actually about 25% of the fan base.

That said, it's still pretty fun.

I can't speak to other teams/stadiums. All I know is that I'm never going to watch RSL - they pipe in the world's most irritating song/chant every time they score. That kind of crap is everywhere in MLS, as I'm sure you already know.

I've got some tickets to see NYC FC vs La Galaxy in August.

What sort of atmosphere am I to expect?

:lol: if you keep your expectations low and take it as it is, you'll have a good time. Don't go in expecting world class football or a European atmosphere.

Kaka, Altidore, Lampard and Drogba all hurt for the opener. :lol: my NUFC anger is spilling into this now.

Glad to see Brek and Molino flanking Larin.  Nocerino not playing either.

Well I guess I can't rely on Orlando to distract me from NUFC. :'(

That being said, this Orlando team would rip NUFC up, they actually move and pass the ball which is generally a good start for a football team.

Holy shit. Orlando City just scored two goals in the last 45 seconds of stoppage time to draw the match.

Holy shit. That made me envious of Kanji who's apparently at that match.

Hopefully he hadn't left yet, like most of the crowd!

I almost turned my stream off, glad I didn't now.

'Twas a wonderful few seconds in stoppage time. Overall the game we played was direct and horrific at times.  We badly need Kaka fit all season as we're devoid of creativity and intelligence in attack. Molino still looks far off what he was pre injury so hopefully he gets back to his best. Hopefully Nocerino slots in and settles the middle of the park and if Kaka is hurt we at least have a seasoned and quality player who can play the box to box role and contribute on both ends of the pitch. Higuita needs to get back from injury too so we can bench Ribero and Carrasco. Carrasco is a decent DM on his best day but his passing is incredibly limited and slow.

Midfield 3 of Nocerino, Ceren and Higuita is probably our best grouping. Although Ceren was a fool for getting a straight red like that and being the captain. Ceren and Higuita are actually excellent pressers and great passers of the ball - very quick and generally play 1 - 2 touch football.

Front 3 of Kaka Larin and Molino is tasty with Ramos and Shea bombing up and down as wingers. Our CBs are Newcastle esque in crap still. Needs to be solidified.

My issue yesterday is we went from the slick passing game to direct all match - which worked late but when we were up a man we should have been patient.

Was amazing to see 60K show up and cheer them on. Was a fun day with perfect weather. We will average the the 33K we did last season for sure which is phenomenal and the right size of crowd. The soccer bros and fanboys will hopefully die off in a napalm fire and never return to the grounds.