MLS

Kaizero

Comparatively they are great, especially for a league so young and a sport that's gaining popularity. MLS had a higher average attendance than the NBA and NHL last season. Several clubs average attendances above stadium capacity.

It would be great to get the point where every MLS team has a permanent home and averages 20-30K a game. We're pretty close I think.

Comparatively they are great, especially for a league so young and a sport that's gaining popularity. MLS had a higher average attendance than the NBA and NHL last season. Several clubs average attendances above stadium capacity.

It would be great to get the point where every MLS team has a permanent home and averages 20-30K a game. We're pretty close I think.

Went to the Revolution game last weekend and the atmosphere was still terrible despite having a decent team this year.. It annoys me so much seeing the good crowds in Seattle, Portland, KC, etc and expecting it to be like that here. Just shows what having a good stadium and enthusiastic owners will do. Instead here we have the Patriots owners who don't give a s***, in a stadium that is way too big and inconvenient to get to.

Should just bulldoze the steaming dump that is Fenway and put-up a brand new SS stadium in its place. Make the Sox play in Foxboro. :lol:

:thup: Works for me.  :lol:  A stadium in the city would be amazing, it's been talked about for years but no progress has ever been made. There is definitely enough people who would go to games, but driving an hour and a half to the middle of nowhere to see game just doesn't work.

Hasn't there been talks for years about a new stadium in Boston? They're not doing themselves or the league any good when you look at some of the improvements made by other teams with new stadiums. Toyota Park not being in Chicago is a big reason I've only been once, it takes me two hours to get there through public transportation.

Hasn't there been talks for years about a new stadium in Boston? They're not doing themselves or the league any good when you look at some of the improvements made by other teams with new stadiums. Toyota Park not being in Chicago is a big reason I've only been once, it takes me two hours to get there through public transportation.

Yeah for like the last 10 years but nothing ever happens. The problem is the stadium they built for the Patriots is still fairly recent so they won't commit to a new 'soccer' one. Just need new owners who don't treat the team as a secondary project. All the other teams with bad owners have slowly been replaced so I hope it happens here soon.

Guest Grim Dux

i was in portland the other day when they had a match on, the bars were flooded with people wearing the official shirts. reminded me of newcastle in a way cos the stadium is so close to the downtown area.

It's interesting you should say that, because their NBA team has a ton of similarities to NUFC.

i was in portland the other day when they had a match on, the bars were flooded with people wearing the official shirts. reminded me of newcastle in a way cos the stadium is so close to the downtown area.

It's interesting you should say that, because their NBA team has a ton of similarities to NUFC.

Yes, quite interesting he said that back in 2011.

This is terrible, right?

I'm finding it entertaining. Pretty wide open game so far. Valeri is comfortably the best player on the pitch, Dempsey looks rusty, and Portland should have scored.

Guest Grim Dux

Yes, quite interesting he said that back in 2011.

I got tired of watching the game so I started reading through the thread.

Just back from the Sounders match. Timbers fans were pretty good, didn't stop singing. Still suck, mind.

Joseph was gash. When Rosales came on we looked like a different team. Dempsey had an ok game, nothing worth noting. Still looks like he's trying to get match fit. Good feet, though.

Apparently the largest attendances this weekend are: 1) Bayern Munich 2) ManU 3) Seattle Sounders :lol:

:thup:

All our heavy-hitters bar Atlético played away this weekend, but it's certainly commendable :thup:

I really really need an MLS team to give two f***s about. I can't commit to the league without that :(

Just back from the Sounders match. Timbers fans were pretty good, didn't stop singing. Still suck, mind.

Joseph was gash. When Rosales came on we looked like a different team. Dempsey had an ok game, nothing worth noting. Still looks like he's trying to get match fit. Good feet, though.

Joseph and Alonso are too similar to work effectively together in a 2-man midfield, imo.

Apparently the largest attendances this weekend are: 1) Bayern Munich 2) ManU 3) Seattle Sounders :lol:

All our heavy-hitters bar Atlético played away this weekend, but it's certainly commendable :thup:

I really really need an MLS team to give two f***s about. I can't commit to the league without that :(

You'd make a great Chivas USA fan, VI.