MLS

Kaizero

There is reason to using nicknames with most Brazilians, there is none when it's a person with a regular ol' first name and a last name. No mix, no little fucking pea, and no ridiculous nicknames based upon which comic book character the player resembles the most.

There is reason to using nicknames with most Brazilians, there is none when it's a person with a regular ol' first name and a last name. No mix, no little fucking pea, and no ridiculous nicknames based upon which comic book character the player resembles the most.

Who knows, maybe Mix's friends/family are illiterate.

MLS rules man. They need to rip them up and start again. Regarding the Altidore transfer:

"Toronto was ranked sixth in the allocation order, using their spot to land Altidore after the Montreal Impact, San Jose Earthquakes, Colorado Rapids, Chicago Fire and Houston Dynamo declined to use their allocation spots on the two-time World Cup veteran."

The way that the MLS negotiates the transfer is obscene. The way that any American joining the league has to be "allocated" to a team, and the way that it's so blatantly fucking fixed anyway, it's just so backward.

MLS rules man. They need to rip them up and start again. Regarding the Altidore transfer:

"Toronto was ranked sixth in the allocation order, using their spot to land Altidore after the Montreal Impact, San Jose Earthquakes, Colorado Rapids, Chicago Fire and Houston Dynamo declined to use their allocation spots on the two-time World Cup veteran."

The way that the MLS negotiates the transfer is obscene. The way that any American joining the league has to be "allocated" to a team, and the way that it's so blatantly f***ing fixed anyway, it's just so backward.

Agreed!

The way that the MLS negotiates the transfer is obscene. The way that any American joining the league has to be "allocated" to a team, and the way that it's so blatantly fucking fixed anyway, it's just so backward.

Yeah it's completely ridiculous. And they're perfectly happy to ignore the "rules" when they see fit. Lampard, for instance, unlike every other DP prior to him, was allowed to sign a contract directly with a club, rather than with the league. Because :yao:

They need to overhaul the transfer system, raise the salary cap (and salary floor) tremendously, and probably give each club another DP slot.

The way that the MLS negotiates the transfer is obscene. The way that any American joining the league has to be "allocated" to a team, and the way that it's so blatantly f***ing fixed anyway, it's just so backward.

Yeah it's completely ridiculous. And they're perfectly happy to ignore the "rules" when they see fit. Lampard, for instance, unlike every other DP prior to him, was allowed to sign a contract directly with a club, rather than with the league. Because :yao:

They need to overhaul the transfer system, raise the salary cap (and salary floor) tremendously, and probably give each club another DP slot.

all but the first thing is rumoured to be happening in the CBA agreement talks. First won't because Garber likes the buck stopping with him on big topics or transfers, so they make him look good.

Probably the biggest signing the league has made in the past few years, hopefully more sub-30 Europeans to come.

:thup:

Gilberto seems to be the odd DP out in Toronto. He's a very good player who'd be a strong addition to most teams in the league.

If Toronto could find a legitimately good coach, they have the squad to make the playoffs. Good combination of veterans and talented younger players. I'd be throwing money at Mike Petke if I were them.

Anybody support Real Salt Lake? Guy I played with was just selected in the 4th round of the Super Draft. Got to say looking at that I wish I had kept on playing as I'd have been a first round pick without a doubt and would be playing with Kaka as the first overall pick.

Anybody support Real Salt Lake? Guy I played with was just selected in the 4th round of the Super Draft. Got to say looking at that I wish I had kept on playing as I'd have been a first round pick without a doubt and would be playing with Kaka as the first overall pick.

:yao: