Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Give them a break, man.

They're complaining, understandably, about the fact that hundreds of fans are being displaced and are required to pay £100+ more if they wish to keep a season ticket.

So what if their statements aren't perfect? At least they're attempting to do something about  :clap:

How many of these hundreds of displaced fans won't be able to get a ticket in the expanded family enclosure, or in the young person area?

Of those, how many will now be able to take advantage of the new monthly direct debit and the 10-fixed price freeze? That additional £100-200 will soon come back to them.

It's not perfect, but it genuinely seems as though a certain section are trying to use every last thing to complain about the ownership/get their name in the news. Especially as they don't even sit in L7.

The likes of BowlingCrofty - fair play to him for coming back on and apologising/explaining his intial anger - have something to be upset about. I would hope that if he contacts the customer relations team at the club, then they might be able to offer something for people like BC to sweeten the transaction (maybe a bit extra discount, etc.)

The annoyance about not being able to 'stand' without any problems is not one we can level at the club, it was something they were willing (for whatever reason) to turn a blind eye to for the past 3 years but now (for whatever reason cough*FCB*cough) they no longer want to promote.

Is it fair to say then that only L7 ticket holders have a right to complain?

I think it's fair to say that L7 ticket holders are the only ones who should be angered or outraged (see BowlingCrofty's reaction in this thread yesterday).

Other supporters can empathise with them, but I should think the majority will benefit far more from the changes, so it strikes me as odd that they would jump to the 'support' of the minority.

By the way, unofficially, the club may well be willing to make concessions to those in L7 who are faced with a much higher ticket price. Stands to reason that they won't announce this publicy as the outcry from the rest of the stadium would be overwhelming! :lol:

Our statement clearly states that we support the decision of the price freeze, and the discounted tickets.  They're good moves.

One opening paragraph, which doesn't go into any detail as to how these positive changes will benefit the supporters.

However, we are concerned about other aspects and are outlining our reasons for that concern.

I empathise with those who are being relocated and forced to shell out more money.  There are plenty of winners in this move, but there are losers too.  I personally love the singing section, even if I don't sit in it.  I don't want to see it gone.  We just want the club to consider keeping the section, even if it means relocating it elsewhere, and not forcing people to pay higher prices.

I thought we were wanting to do what was best for NUFC, have you explored (in the statement) what the pros and cons are of keeping/losing the L7 singing section? You make two brief comments about atmosphere and "not as many NUFC fans allowed into SJP". Are they the only consequences of the proposals?

Give them a break, man.

They're complaining, understandably, about the fact that hundreds of fans are being displaced and are required to pay £100+ more if they wish to keep a season ticket.

So what if their statements aren't perfect? At least they're attempting to do something about  :clap:

How many of these hundreds of displaced fans won't be able to get a ticket in the expanded family enclosure, or in the young person area?

Of those, how many will now be able to take advantage of the new monthly direct debit and the 10-fixed price freeze? That additional £100-200 will soon come back to them.

It's not perfect, but it genuinely seems as though a certain section are trying to use every last thing to complain about the ownership/get their name in the news. Especially as they don't even sit in L7.

The likes of BowlingCrofty - fair play to him for coming back on and apologising/explaining his intial anger - have something to be upset about. I would hope that if he contacts the customer relations team at the club, then they might be able to offer something for people like BC to sweeten the transaction (maybe a bit extra discount, etc.)

The annoyance about not being able to 'stand' without any problems is not one we can level at the club, it was something they were willing (for whatever reason) to turn a blind eye to for the past 3 years but now (for whatever reason cough*FCB*cough) they no longer want to promote.

Yes, it is only going to be a 1000 or so people affected by the changes, but this is no reason for them to be completely apathetic towards the changes.

As for the "certain section" you describe, they may be slightly overzealous but imo they are acting in the interests of those who are being affected, nothing more. I know plenty of folk who are being forced out of level 7 and I'm sure they would welcome any club correspondence  :sadnod:

As for the likes of BC being given extra discount, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

OK, the standing part is gone ...

Finally have Simon Esland's email address, he's also said I can give him a call tomorrow. What questions would you like us to ask?

- Was the clubs decision to extend the family enclosure based on the fact there's a large number of people under the age of 21 and/or families sitting there?

- Do the club understand the benefit that a singing section can have on performances on the pitch?

- Would the club try to block any attempts by fans to set up an unofficial singing section if they're unable to support us in setting up a new one? If so, why?

Are they even able to answer that? If they say "no" then it will be construed as the club giving their blessing, which won't go down well with the H&SE :(

They're socially and professionally obliged to be negative towards the idea as public safety has to be paramount inside the stadium, even at the expense of common sense.

What's dangerous about singing? :lol:

You know fine well that standing goes hand in hand with any potential new 'singing section'.

I know fine well? Christ, it's like talking to my bloody mother :lol:

Standing will happen at football regardless of whether there's a singing section or not. The club can tell the stewards to police it as strictly as they see fit/are required and I've no doubt they will if it's that much of an issue for them.

On a personal level I enjoy standing at football, mainly because it's baffling that anyone can deem it unsafe and I also find seating at football stadia incredibly uncomfortable. Unless it's upholstered, cushioned and massages your back then I don't want to fucking know. However standing is not the be all and end all for me, I would just want to sit in an area of the ground where I wont get looked at like I'm having a wank at a wedding if I have a singsong. That fine with you, daft lad?

Finally have Simon Esland's email address, he's also said I can give him a call tomorrow. What questions would you like us to ask?

- Was the clubs decision to extend the family enclosure based on the fact there's a large number of people under the age of 21 and/or families sitting there?

- Do the club understand the benefit that a singing section can have on performances on the pitch?

- Would the club try to block any attempts by fans to set up an unofficial singing section if they're unable to support us in setting up a new one? If so, why?

Are they even able to answer that? If they say "no" then it will be construed as the club giving their blessing, which won't go down well with the H&SE :(

They're socially and professionally obliged to be negative towards the idea as public safety has to be paramount inside the stadium, even at the expense of common sense.

What's dangerous about singing? :lol:

You know fine well that standing goes hand in hand with any potential new 'singing section'.

I know fine well? Christ, it's like talking to my bloody mother :lol:

Standing will happen at football regardless of whether there's a singing section or not. The club can tell the stewards to police it as strictly as they see fit/are required and I've no doubt they will if it's that much of an issue for them.

On a personal level I enjoy standing at football, mainly because it's baffling that anyone can deem it unsafe and I also find seating at football stadia incredibly uncomfortable. Unless it's upholstered, cushioned and massages your back then I don't want to f***ing know. However standing is not the be all and end all for me, I would just want to sit in an area of the ground where I wont get looked at like I'm having a w*** at a wedding if I have a singsong. That fine with you, daft lad?

Standing isn't an issue tbh. If the club brings it up you could argue that the Stretford End at Man Utd are always standing. Chelsea fans are always standing. The Kop i believe always stand. So that would be my reply.

Don't mention the standing though :)

I remember when the singing section was brought in Chirs Mort said it was his intention to eventually reward the fans in the 'singing section' if it went well and to move them lower down to help generate an even better atmosphere. So in that way it could be good. BUT ONLY if i can stay with those who want to sing. I don't want those fans be dotted around and effectively lose 3000 fans worht of singing.

Leazes Level 4 could be good as there's always empty seats there :thup: And if it became the new singing section it's rarely in camera view anyway.

Upper Gallowgate is ok. No camera view, more noise from roof.

Personally i'd prefer Leazes 4 or the Strawberry Corner. For watching the match i love the corner view fwiw :)

So standing, which is what we can do in Leazes is something we are willing to lose?

You're not meant to stand anywhere let alone the Leazes, the club are just relatively lax on policing it. There's no point in mentioning it because it will only get used as a stick to beat us with.

Precisely. It's a luxury the club have afforded for a long time, don't think we should be so ready to give it up, if possible ...

So standing, which is what we can do in Leazes is something we are willing to lose?

You're not meant to stand anywhere let alone the Leazes, the club are just relatively lax on policing it. There's no point in mentioning it because it will only get used as a stick to beat us with.

Precisely. It's a luxury the club have afforded for a long time, don't think we should be so ready to give it up, if possible ...

Thing is the club aren't ever going to say we can stand because they could lose their safety certificate. It'll be the actions of the stewards which let you know how serious the club is about it. Obviously standing will always go on in some capacity.

If the club asked I'd play it down, just say that you're interested in creating an atmosphere and singing rather than standing.

There's no point in saying "well they do it" because standing for prolonged periods simply isn't meant to go on.

So why haven't H&S stopped the standing there? Is it because they're top 4 clubs?

Because the clubs don't officially allow it, I imagine. Have a few stewards ask a few thousand people to sit down once or twice a match and the club can claim they're policing it.

There's no point in saying "well they do it" because standing for prolonged periods simply isn't meant to go on.

So why haven't H&S stopped the standing there? Is it because they're top 4 clubs?

Because the clubs don't officially allow it, I imagine. Have a few stewards ask a few thousand people to sit down once or twice a match and the club can claim they're policing it.

So obviously don't bring it up. They tried and failed before with those leaflets last season. I imagine they will do the same half hearted attempt If we were to move. We should be ok.

18-21 is shit for a "young persons" section.. it should be 18-25. splits so many friends up who go together. for example a group i know are packing theirs in next season. two of them wil be 21 at the time of renewal. the other two will have turned 22, the latter two been priced out in other parts of teh ground. this will happen to so many other people aswell

Or even 18-23 would be better. :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure why the L7 people think they are the only ones paying more. I had a 3 year ticket and mine(and anyone elses that had one) effectively goes up from £440 to £550 or whatever it is now

Not sure why the L7 people think they are the only ones paying more.

Where was this?

I had a 3 year ticket and mine(and anyone elses that had one) effectively goes up from £440 to £550 or whatever it is now

Great news apparently. :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Theres enough mentioned it so far in this thread tbf, Blef, Jill, Crofty and a few others all stating paying more is a big factor

Like others have said - what is the reasoning for allocation more seats for away fans when the majority do not sell-out their current allocation, finding out if Leazes level 4 currently have many ST holders, or any other part for that matter. And aye, just dont mention the standing, if he mentions it just tell him anyone wanting a singing section does not want any trouble and will comply with the club.

Theres enough mentioned it so far in this thread tbf, Blef, Jill, Crofty and a few others all stating paying more is a big factor

You said they think they're the only ones paying more. Why would they look at other people's seats anyway?

Guest Roger Kint

You said they think they're the only ones paying more. Why would they look at other people's seats anyway?

Every season the prices are announced, they even send out packs with a sheet covering every price in the stadium. You suggesting people dont know what it costs in different parts of the ground? Actually never mind, its not like i will get a straight answer the way you are fishing

Guest sicko2ndbest

Every season the prices are announced, they even send out packs with a sheet covering every price in the stadium. You suggesting people dont know what it costs in different parts of the ground? Actually never mind, its not like i will get a straight answer the way you are fishing

Rog

Get that cunt off your Avatar

I'm not fishing, if anything you were by suggesting the L7 folks think they're the only ones having to pay more. I've not seen anything to suggest they have that attitude, people have commented on their own situation as obviously they would. Seemed like an unnecessary dig to me.

It's shit that you have to pay more as well btw.