Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

We applied for four of us to move to Level 4C. Did it by the end of February thinking that we could do a 12 month direct debit but obviously they didn't actually make it clear that they wouldn't be doing any moves until the end of April. Still haven't heard anything but one of the lads was saying in the ground on saturday that his mates at work had gone into the box office during the first week of may and were able to choose the seats they wanted (in L4C).

Went in to the Box Office earlier and they said this is a load of bollocks.

Have personally been told the following by Simon Esland:

"We are still working through standard renewals so have not started on seat move requests yet. Likely to take us another week before we know what the availability is."

Guest toonlass

"We are still working through standard renewals so have not started on seat move requests yet. Likely to take us another week before we know what the availability is."

It's a joke tbh. They know roughly how many spare seats are available in each area, they should just have allocated the movers on a first come first served basis.

We applied for four of us to move to Level 4C. Did it by the end of February thinking that we could do a 12 month direct debit but obviously they didn't actually make it clear that they wouldn't be doing any moves until the end of April. Still haven't heard anything but one of the lads was saying in the ground on saturday that his mates at work had gone into the box office during the first week of may and were able to choose the seats they wanted (in L4C).

Went in to the Box Office earlier and they said this is a load of bollocks.

Yep we rang up ourselves yesterday afternoon and were told pretty much the same thing. Don't know who to believe but hope what the box office is saying is true.

Guest icemanblue

This might be me being thick. But, surely they would have to give priority to those renewing without moving. Then they can allocate the free seats to those that have requested moves?

Weren't we told that as we were being moved we'd be treated as priority????

Over others that have requested moves, yes.

They're not going to do moves before those renewing the same seat are they?

Reading the letter again it does say the seat movers will be processed during May and payments start in June.

Would still like to know why we've been completely ignored and will be paying more than we signed up for.

Suppose not, just getting extremely pissed off with it all to be honest. Rather than paying over 12 months it's going to be over 10 or even maybe 9. So price goes up by over £100, I'm forced to move and I'm going to worse off than most others when it comes to my DD arrangement. All because the fat twat got upset at a few chants.

Suppose not, just getting extremely pissed off with it all to be honest. Rather than paying over 12 months it's going to be over 10 or even maybe 9. So price goes up by over £100, I'm forced to move and I'm going to worse off than most others when it comes to my DD arrangement. All because the fat twat got upset at a few chants.

The monthly payments may be slightly higher put the price of your season ticket does no go up due to this delay does it?

Guest toonlass

No but the price we pay goes up by over £100 because we've been forced to move. They knew before the end of the season how many season ticket holders there were before any new applications. They would also know which seats were not held by season ticket holders. It shouldn't have been difficult for them to allocate the people who were moving a new seat that is currently unoccupied by a season ticket holder, even while processing the other renewals. It's not like people who are renewing but not moving are going to take up more seats than they did before are they?

Not sure why people are suprised about moves not yet being processed. What would be the point of trying to place everyone in L4, before finding out some existing ST holders there were not renewing. The next thing they'd be complaining about is not being sat togethet. Best to wait to maximise the available seats in groups.

Not sure why people are suprised about moves not yet being processed. What would be the point of trying to place everyone in L4, before finding out some existing ST holders there were not renewing. The next thing they'd be complaining about is not being sat togethet. Best to wait to maximise the available seats in groups.

It's the lack of acknowledgement and the increased DD payments which bother me. Neither of which are a result of moving seats, just incompetence.

It's the lack of acknowledgement and the increased DD payments which bother me. Neither of which are a result of moving seats, just incompetence.

If people were expecting the money to come out over 12 months surely you still have the money in your bank for those payments ? Therefore it will make no difference ?

If people were expecting the money to come out over 12 months surely you still have the money in your bank for those payments ? Therefore it will make no difference ?

It's the principle. If we sign up for 12 months that's what we should get. If they knew they couldn't offer those terms to the movers then they really should improve their communication and tell us.

Exactly, money wise I'm not really bothered that it will cost a bit more over 10 months than over 12, however, they put a deadline on the end of February for ST renewals with a 12 month direct debit. That was something that they were never going to be able offer those of us moving from Level 7, yet they gave the impression that this was what would happen. That is of course unless I have completely missed something that they said and if I have then I will happily hold my hand up and say I am wrong.

That is just basic customer service that should be part of any business, if you sign up for a mobile phone contract at £20 a month for 12 months you don't expect to then find yourself paying £24 over 10 months, unless you are told otherwise. 

It's the principle. If we sign up for 12 months that's what we should get. If they knew they couldn't offer those terms to the movers then they really should improve their communication and tell us.

But it's continual payments for 10 years not 12 months if you've gone for that deal so nothing has changed. You said in the letter it said payments would start in June, from what I can see so far nothing as yet has changed. Fair enough if it gets to July and you haven't paid a penny fine but until it hits June I'm not saying the payment issue.

I can see plenty issues with waiting to pick seats.

Exactly, money wise I'm not really bothered that it will cost a bit more over 10 months than over 12, however, they put a deadline on the end of February for ST renewals with a 12 month direct debit. That was something that they were never going to be able offer those of us moving from Level 7, yet they gave the impression that this was what would happen. That is of course unless I have completely missed something that they said and if I have then I will happily hold my hand up and say I am wrong.

Previous page Jack Flash said he re read the letter and it stated June.

Guest jrtoonarmy

The frustrating thing is that the club don’t need to wait until they know the availability, L4 has very few season ticket holders in so we won’t be needing to wait to find out if they are going to renew, the seats we will be taking are current general sale seats! The longer this is going on makes it look like they are going to fuck us over! I’m waiting for the club to turn around and say “ sorry due to high demand level 4 is now sold out” . I thought we were getting first priority?

The frustrating thing is that the club don’t need to wait until they know the availability, L4 has very few season ticket holders in so we won’t be needing to wait to find out if they are going to renew, the seats we will be taking are current general sale seats! The longer this is going on makes it look like they are going to fuck us over! I’m waiting for the club to turn around and say “ sorry due to high demand level 4 is now sold out” . I thought we were getting first priority?

Which is exactly why United For Newcastle were campaiging for an en masse relocation of those in Level 7 ...

Guest jrtoonarmy

That was never going to work! the only thing you succeeded in is getting more ‘likes’ on your facebook page