Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest jrtoonarmy

Thanks a lot mate. On Twitter and Facebook, the overwhelming opinion on our pages has been that the move should be down to Level 4.

you're only problem with that is the sports bar/season ticket holders - if you move to gallowgate upper there is a high probability most of you will get a section together - which is more desirable than being amongst a fair few people who don't want to sing/start the singing off!

The sports bar if canny far away from the leazes corner L4 also the leazes corner level 4 has very few season ticket holders in. Infact its the least in the ground

Leazes level 4 is used as ana way fans section when the level 7 isn't open though.

i asked about that today and the club can confirm away fans will only be housed in level 7, in cup games if a team wants the full 7,000 allocation the away end will spread right the way around the corner to the edge of the milburn

Thanks a lot mate. On Twitter and Facebook, the overwhelming opinion on our pages has been that the move should be down to Level 4.

you're only problem with that is the sports bar/season ticket holders - if you move to gallowgate upper there is a high probability most of you will get a section together - which is more desirable than being amongst a fair few people who don't want to sing/start the singing off!

The sports bar if canny far away from the leazes corner L4 also the leazes corner level 4 has very few season ticket holders in. Infact its the least in the ground

Leazes level 4 is used as ana way fans section when the level 7 isn't open though.

i asked about that today and the club can confirm away fans will only be housed in level 7, in cup games if a team wants the full 7,000 allocation the away end with spread right the way around the corner to the edge of the milburn

Are they gonna open Level 7 for cup games then? It's a right chew on at the minute as they won't let you apply until after the fist ST Deadline and i prefer my own seat anyway.

NUFC.com isn't official, is it?

Anyway, 'United For Newcastle' will back the groups trying to get the move to happen, as much as we can. Simon Esland has contacted us and we're writing up a letter addressed to the club, that we'll send to him.

It's about as official as unofficial websites get, the complete disarray of the .cock website over the past ten years has meant most NUFC fans check out .com daily - even if they don't always agree with the editorial.

By far and away the best place to go and find out anything 'official' about the club.

Hi guys i have just had a meeting with the club regarding us losing level 7. I can say it was a very positive meeting and we will be holding more talks in the next few weeks. The club seem happy to accommodate a move to another area of the ground (there is the obvious issues of standing and stewarding that will need to be looked at) but there is no need to rush as we have plenty of time before the deadline. The two best options seem to be a move to the Gallowgate upper or the Leazes corner level 4. I'll go into more detail when we get a press realise out in the next week. Just dont panic there will be a singing area of the ground next season and we will be continuing dialogue with the club.

Jordan.

Fantastic stuff mate. Well done.

:thup:

Hi Folks, been watching the forum for a canny while and thought I'd register so I could pop in now and then to give the benefit of my humble opinion! I used to post on another board a few years back but change of work stopped access during the day. As you might guess from my sig, I'm now in my 50th year of going to the match and this is my 33rd year as a season ticket holder. I will renew my ticket because, quite frankly, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't go to the match. As far as I can see, I won't be affected by the changes and I like the look of the 10 year freeze, the ability to pay monthly and the 10% discount. Having said that, after all these years I have seen many things and I am now, by experience, a bit of a cynic and wonder about the now compulsory "membership fee". The season ticket price might be frozen but next year, the "membership fee" might increse by £30 and every year after! Just me looking on the dark side, but then again....

It's about as official as unofficial websites get, the complete disarray of the .cock website over the past ten years has meant most NUFC fans check out .com daily - even if they don't always agree with the editorial.

By far and away the best place to go and find out anything 'official' about the club.

RTG surely ?

Guest jrtoonarmy

just a quick update

We have had our first meeting with the club which was very positive they want to keep on talking with us and help out as much as they can. They appreciate extending the family area/ more away allocation with not be popular with everyone but the reasons behind it are purely commercial. The family section was a total sell out and they needed to add more seats due to the demand. Currently the club are breaking the Premier leagues rules regarding away ticket allocation each club should give a minimum of 3,000 tickets or 10% on the ground to away support but currently we can only offer a maximum of 2,750 which has lead to a few clubs complaining including arsenal at the weekend.

The one thing the club are happy with is to support our move down to level 4 as much as they can, they would like to know the interest level so I’m collecting as many names of season ticket holders/or even non season ticket holders who are keen for the more I’ll then take it back to the club(If you could confirm for names and season ticket seats). Your renewal packs will be arriving in the next few days and the fans affected by the move will get first priority to relocate, I suggest when you receive you renewal packs you state you wish to move down into the North west corner level 4. Be aware that if you currently sit with mates and wish to continue to do so you must hand in your packs together along with a cover letter mentioning you wish to relocate together in the  North west corner level  4. One issue with fans would be cup games, in past seasons level 4 has been used as an away end for teams with small allocations but the club have assured me that from now on only level 7 will be used as an away end. If a team wants to take a full cup allocation of 7,000 they well get the whole of level 7 from the glass right the way across to the edge of the Leazes/Milburn  corner. 

Regarding price I did mention fans are unhappy after paying £420 for a level 7 seat they should then be forced to be £550 for a level 4 seat, well this is something the club are going to look at and try to meet us half way, nothing is set in stone yet and we shall continue in talks with the club.

please email your Interest to [email protected]

Jordan.

just a quick update

We have had our first meeting with the club which was very positive they want to keep on talking with us and help out as much as they can. They appreciate extending the family area/ more away allocation with not be popular with everyone but the reasons behind it are purely commercial. The family section was a total sell out and they needed to add more seats due to the demand. Currently the club are breaking the Premier leagues rules regarding away ticket allocation each club should give a minimum of 3,000 tickets or 10% on the ground to away support but currently we can only offer a maximum of 2,750 which has lead to a few clubs complaining including arsenal at the weekend.

The one thing the club are happy with is to support our move down to level 4 as much as they can, they would like to know the interest level so I’m collecting as many names of season ticket holders/or even non season ticket holders who are keen for the more I’ll then take it back to the club(If you could confirm for names and season ticket seats). Your renewal packs will be arriving in the next few days and the fans affected by the move will get first priority to relocate, I suggest when you receive you renewal packs you state you wish to move down into the North west corner level 4. Be aware that if you currently sit with mates and wish to continue to do so you must hand in your packs together along with a cover letter mentioning you wish to relocate together in the  North west corner level  4. One issue with fans would be cup games, in past seasons level 4 has been used as an away end for teams with small allocations but the club have assured me that from now on only level 7 will be used as an away end. If a team wants to take a full cup allocation of 7,000 they well get the whole of level 7 from the glass right the way across to the edge of the Leazes/Milburn  corner.   

Regarding price I did mention fans are unhappy after paying £420 for a level 7 seat they should then be forced to be £550 for a level 4 seat, well this is something the club are going to look at and try to meet us half way, nothing is set in stone yet and we shall continue in talks with the club.

Jordan.

To your credit mate you've done more in days than the NUST have in however long they've existed. Well done on that.

Absolutely superb work Jordan, keep it up :thup:

(Not to Steve Harper on, but this is exactly the type of thing NUST/U4N should be doing, actually doing something with the club and then feeding back to the fans rather than harping on about how awful things are and that we should boycoutt sports direct, etc.)

(Not to Steve Harper on, but this is exactly the type of thing NUST/U4N should be doing, actually doing something with the club and then feeding back to the fans rather than harping on about how awful things are and that we should boycoutt sports direct, etc.)

Agree with that completely. U4N not so much but certainly NUST. Jordan has put Jensen & co. to shame.

Guest toonlass

Agree with that completely. U4N not so much but certainly NUST. Jordan has put Jensen & co. to shame.

NUST seem to be more concerned with the split in their camp than anything else to do with NUFC. They really need to get their fingers out and start being a supporters representation. Jordan, in this case, and Colocho and ChrisMcQuillan, in another, have managed to do more in far less time. Plus they don't demand a membership fee from supporters either. Well done to the proper fans representatives, the fans themselves!  :clap:

U4N.  :doh:

We were contacted by Simon Esland and plan to meet with him soon. We are both very busy with work and university commitments at the moment.

The problem is, from the emails I've already exchanged with Simon - it's become clear to me that the prospect of a new 'singing section' is not a bright one.

I have it on very good authority from somebody who met Esland and Llambias, the season before last - that this stadium plan was intended for last season (had we stayed up). In other words it was a matter of time until this plan was implemented.

I think we all know who is behind the decision to break up Level 7, nonetheless, we won't be resigned to losing a loud, passionate group of fans somewhere within the Sir John Hall stand/NW corner.

Guest jrtoonarmy

Unfortunately the club won’t be making this an “official” singing section at this stage but they will endorse any fans that are wanting to move to L4 this just means it’s going to be harder for us to arrange.  It’s really simple everyone gets a choice to relocate so all you need to do is request this when you hand in your renewal forms. One thing is for sure any protests won’t make an ounce of difference. If we are going to get anyway this new approach is the best way forward. 

Jordan, I'm going to be completely honest with you ...

Without sounding pessimistic, this is something we are going to have to take into our own hands. It's clear to me, that we shouldn't expect support from the club. We absolutely must not rely on those who's idea it is - and has been for a while to break up the supporting element of that section of the stadium

If this transfer is to be a success it is something that we must publicise ourselves. As I've mentioned to you before on many occasions you have, and will have our support.

Unfortunately the club wont be making this an official singing section at this stage but they will endorse any fans that are wanting to move to L4 this just means its going to be harder for us to arrange.  Its really simple everyone gets a choice to relocate so all you need to do is request this when you hand in your renewal forms. One thing is for sure any protests wont make an ounce of difference. If we are going to get anyway this new approach is the best way forward. 

Ok. best thing to do once you've had your meetings imo is to tell the Mag/True Faith/NUFC.COM and to post on newcastle forums that the new 'unofficial' singing section will be in Leazes Level 4.

If we can get even just 1000 who are willing to STAND and sing within a season people will probably move there anyway :thup:

Unfortunately the club won’t be making this an “official” singing section at this stage but they will endorse any fans that are wanting to move to L4 this just means it’s going to be harder for us to arrange.  It’s really simple everyone gets a choice to relocate so all you need to do is request this when you hand in your renewal forms. One thing is for sure any protests won’t make an ounce of difference. If we are going to get anyway this new approach is the best way forward. 

Ok. best thing to do once you've had your meetings imo is to tell the Mag/True Faith/NUFC.COM and to post on newcastle forums that the new 'unofficial' singing section will be in Leazes Level 4.

If we can get even just 1000 who are willing to STAND and sing within a season people will probably move there anyway :thup:

My ST is in the NW corner and can't help but feel by making that the new singing section, it will cause huge problems with the current ST holders. The guy next to me constantly gets annoyed if someone gets up to go to the toilet, I dread to think of the reaction if someone decided to stand up in front of him all game.

Unfortunately the club wont be making this an official singing section at this stage but they will endorse any fans that are wanting to move to L4 this just means its going to be harder for us to arrange.  Its really simple everyone gets a choice to relocate so all you need to do is request this when you hand in your renewal forms. One thing is for sure any protests wont make an ounce of difference. If we are going to get anyway this new approach is the best way forward. 

My ST is in the NW corner and can't help but feel by making that the new singing section, it will cause huge problems with the current ST holders. The guy next to me constantly gets annoyed if someone gets up to go to the toilet, I dread to think of the reaction if someone decided to stand up in front of him all game.

I can see what you mean.

But unfortunately for him and others up to 3000 fans may be having to move, and apparently that is the lowest area of ST holders.

How do you feel about the move Ash? Would you be up for people moving to Level 4? Will others around you be ok with it? Is the NW corner quite a young population or more elderly?

We're not looking to move to Level 1 or 2 remember if thats where you are. Apologies if you are in Level 4 though ;)

I can see what you mean.

But unfortunately for him and others up to 3000 fans may be having to move, and apparently that is the lowest area of ST holders.

How do you feel about the move Ash? Would you be up for people moving to Level 4? Will others around you be ok with it? Is the NW corner quite a young population or more elderly?

We're not looking to move to Level 1 or 2 remember if thats where you are. Apologies if you are in Level 4 though ;)

I would welcome the move as my mate and I were planning on moving to a different area next season anyway, it's too quiet for my liking in Level 4. We go to pretty much every away game too so would prefer to be able to stand and sing. At the minute, there's no chance of standing and there is barely any singing. Can't see it going down too well with people around us though. It's probably more an elderly population but the game-to-game fans seem to be quite varied although the majority are families in my opinion.

Aye, I'm in Level 4. I would prefer new singing section to be the Gallowgate for various reasons but if it ends up in Level 4 then so be it. Not sure where we're going to move yet, may just end up going to the Gallowgate regardless and join in with the standing/singing there instead.

just a quick update

The one thing the club are happy with is to support our move down to level 4 as much as they can, they would like to know the interest level so Im collecting as many names of season ticket holders/or even non season ticket holders who are keen for the more Ill then take it back to the club(If you could confirm for names and season ticket seats). Your renewal packs will be arriving in the next few days and the fans affected by the move will get first priority to relocate, I suggest when you receive you renewal packs you state you wish to move down into the North west corner level 4. Be aware that if you currently sit with mates and wish to continue to do so you must hand in your packs together along with a cover letter mentioning you wish to relocate together in the  North west corner level  4. One issue with fans would be cup games, in past seasons level 4 has been used as an away end for teams with small allocations but the club have assured me that from now on only level 7 will be used as an away end. If a team wants to take a full cup allocation of 7,000 they well get the whole of level 7 from the glass right the way across to the edge of the Leazes/Milburn  corner. 

Jordan.

Well done, your balanced and positive approach seems to be getting results.

Not sure what to do next season, the lad and his grandad go to level 7 while I sit in the strawberry corner (where I've been for 10 years) but could end up just going with him up there as grandad is getting a bit old for the stairs now...

Might give it one more seaon though, see how the old fella copes and see where the ULTRA's end up.

Good on you's for trying to keep the singing section going, just don't bring it down to the strawberry corner though cos there's a good singing section around us there already - and spotty kids with blobs on their heed isn't that amusing to me ;o)

Guest TheSummerOf69

It would be a good idea if you suggest to the club that they send a letter to Season Ticket holders already in L4 saying:

"There are a large number of fans currently in the L7 section who stand and sing vociferously during the match who have to move due to the expansion of the family section and are looking to relocate to your section. If this is likely to impinge on your enjoyment of the match then perhaps you may like to move your season ticket for next year to another part of the ground?"