Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest neesy111

So I'm gonna get called up for abuse but he's allowed to call people cowards?

Nice.

Ah stop crying man and cut out the personal abuse.

Think this thread is starting to drift of topic a bit now anyway.

:rolleyes:

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

I never mentioned anyone not renewing for financial reasons. Other people brought the cost factor in to fit their agenda as they knew deep down I was right. Family and paying the bills always comes first.

My point still stands and that was that if every supporter took a hissy fit like many on here are doing and stopped attending when we weren't playing well or because they didn't like the manager we wouldn't have a club to support.

Thankfully the few cowards on here who want to stop going because things aren't great are vastly outnumbered by those who'll stand by the club during the thick (and many) thin times.

Nobody has said they want to stop. Many have said they're considering doing it because of the cost-benefit of the football and how much they enjoy it and whether it is really worth it to themselves. The financial side of it goes hand in hand, and if you think the people posting in this thread aren't motivated largely by that factor then you're being very naive. Of course its the reason. If we all had infinite cash to burn then nobody would even think twice about going.

So I'm gonna get called up for abuse but he's allowed to call people cowards?

Nice.

Ah stop crying man and cut out the personal abuse.

Think this thread is starting to drift of topic a bit now anyway.

I find it hard to believe you're 35. Some extremely childish responses to people being serious with you.

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

I never mentioned anyone not renewing for financial reasons. Other people brought the cost factor in to fit their agenda as they knew deep down I was right. Family and paying the bills always comes first.

My point still stands and that was that if every supporter took a hissy fit like many on here are doing and stopped attending when we weren't playing well or because they didn't like the manager we wouldn't have a club to support.

Thankfully the few cowards on here who want to stop going because things aren't great are vastly outnumbered by those who'll stand by the club during the thick (and many) thin times.

Nobody has said they want to stop. Many have said they're considering doing it because of the cost-benefit of the football and how much they enjoy it and whether it is really worth it to themselves. The financial side of it goes hand in hand, and if you think the people posting in this thread aren't motivated largely by that factor then you're being very naive. Of course its the reason. If we all had infinite cash to burn then nobody would even think twice about going.

Football isn't like most other forms of entertainment meaning entertainment isn't guaranteed.

This seems to be a concept that yourself and many of the new "sky generation" of football fans don't seem to be able to grasp.

If you want guaranteed entertainment for your money, football isn't for you I'm afraid.

Guest neesy111

If you want guaranteed entertainment for your money, football isn't for you I'm afraid.

As if no Newcastle fan doesn't know this.  You're the one who is out of touch.

:clap:

GM proving again why he's the best poster on here imo.

Comparing patronising a restaurant to supporting your club which (outside of any financial involvement) has all the emotional civic, community, and family ties that Newcastle United represents?

Nah, not having that. :lol:

So come up with a better analogy then, rather than resorting to your stock in trade of sneering haughtily at other people expressing themselves honestly and openly. Should make for good reading, if you actually bother to do something other than just sneering.  :cool:

Football isn't like most other forms of entertainment meaning entertainment isn't guaranteed.

This seems to be a concept that yourself and many of the new "sky generation" of football fans don't seem to be able to grasp.

:rolleyes:

More condescending rubbish that is not necessary. You think any self respecting Newcastle fan doesn't realise that it's often more rough than smooth, that's its not that way for supporters of 95% of all football clubs? None of this would matter if we were all paying prices that reflected that fact. We're not though. We're paying premium 'sky generation' prices for something that some people might not be able to justify.

If youre 35, then you are the "sky generation" mate

The point is that it's much harder to justify paying the kind of money football demands these days when your team sets out so negatively each week. NUFC fans should know instinctively that we're very unlikely to win every home game but to not even try is going too far for some. And that's down to the manager.

I genuinely don't believe that Pardew will replaced any time soon, and that continues to make me wonder if I should be spending the money on something more rewarding and worthwhile.

:lol:

If youre 35, then you are the "sky generation" mate

Been going since 83, season ticket holder since 89. Daft thing is back then it cost next to nowt to watch NUFC. £45 was the price of my first season ticket, albeit a kids one. Now people are whinging about the costs yet the attendances have rocketed since those days as the sky generation pack stadiums out demanding to be entertained and then spitting the dummy when they're not enjoying it as much as they thought they would.

Been going since 83, season ticket holder since 89. Daft thing is back then it cost next to nowt to watch NUFC. £45 was the price of my first season ticket, albeit a kids one. Now people are whinging about the costs yet the attendances have rocketed since those days as the sky generation pack stadiums out demanding to be entertained and then spitting the dummy when they're not enjoying it as much as they thought they would.

Ah well, at least I can now see why you think you have the right to lecture people on what they should do regarding supporting Newcastle, after all you've been going since 1983 and have experienced everything.  I bet you can remember everything about the games you watched when you were 5, what a man.

What's even the point in all this 'sky generation' stuff. Nothing I can do about when I was born and extremely difficult to attend games prior to conception.

What's even the point in all this 'sky generation' stuff. Nothing I can do about when I was born and extremely difficult to attend games prior to conception.

Age is no excuse, you gave up far too easily before you were born.

As a member of the 'sky generation', if I demand anything it's to at least put up a fight in a match.

My apologies for not enjoying being bitch-slapped around the pitch every week :lol:

Age is no excuse, you gave up far too easily before you were born.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The point is that it's much harder to justify paying the kind of money football demands these days when your team sets out so negatively each week. NUFC fans should know instinctively that we're very unlikely to win every home game but to not even try is going too far for some. And that's down to the manager.

I genuinely don't believe that Pardew will replaced any time soon, and that continues to make me wonder if I should be spending the money on something more rewarding and worthwhile.

As a member of the 'sky generation', if I demand anything it's to at least put up a fight in a match.

My apologies for not enjoying being bitch-slapped around the pitch every week :lol:

This. Both posts. Spot on. :thup:

No point other than to emphasize the spoilt brat mentality which seems to have hold of many fans who go to the match these days and a few off this very message board. Crying like bairns and threatening not to renew because we've had a disappointing season and they don't like the manager. Pathetic.

Wallsendmag is one of these blokes who likes to tell everyone he had a season ticket  when times were rough - 'much worse than this'. It gives him a feeling of superiority over others who either didnt or were too young too. Its nothing more than a show.

He doesnt really believe people are considering giving up their tickets because of this season alone in a 'hissy fit'. People that walk away this summer will be doing so because of what the club has become under Mike and Dekka over the last 5 years. Not just on the pitch but all the antics off it. So please dont tell people what they should or shouldnt do. People will make their choices based on their own reasons. Thats their choice. It doesnt make you a 'better' fan than them.  If you keep your ticket for the rest of your days - great, but please dont feel the need to get up on your high horse about it.

No point other than to emphasize the spoilt brat mentality which seems to have hold of many fans who go to the match these days and a few off this very message board. Crying like bairns and threatening not to renew because we've had a disappointing season and they don't like the manager. Pathetic.

It's a wonder you can even talk with an upper lip as stiff as that.

Newcastle fans being spoilt brats, that's a new one.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

The club treats us like customers, so I'll act like a customer.

GM's analogy with the restaurant was fine but as far as I'm concerned that restaurant is the only one in town. I've not got a choice to go to a different one. In fact I'd go so far as to say that it's the only place available where food is available and if I don't go there then I'll have to go without food and just starve.  :(

Needing a bit of help regarding how to go about cancelling my season ticket for next year. I'm on the monthly DD and started paying for this season back in March over 11 months which means it's paid for in January. However since I got my ST for this season i've got wor lass up the duff and my shift pattern has changed at work meaning money will be a bit tighter and I can only get to around 75% of the matches now anyway. Want to cancel it for next season, well downgrade to a membership anyway, but is it just a case of going to the ticket office and telling them or does it need to be put in writing and is there a deadline for informing them? Just thought i'd ask on here first before I ring their 0844 number and spend ages on hold.

:lol: