Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

I remember the old saying, managers, players and directors come and go but the fans are there for life.

Not with a lot of the modern day, cowardly type supporters that claim to support NUFC these days it would seem.

I can't stand Pardew but I love NUFC more than I dislike him so he certainly won't be stopping me from watching my team next season should he still be here.

Super fan :thup:

Not a super fan. Just an ordinary supporter that won't stop going to watch his team because he's not keen on the manager. Clearly an alien concept to yourself.

'not keen' :lol:

The bloke is dragging us into the championship through his incompetence, I quite simply will not be party to it continuing any further and the only form of protest Ashley cares about is witholding cash. If you want to support NUFC becoming a shadow of it's former self just because you've got nothing else to do on a Saturday, that's your prerogative.

I will thanks very much. Meanwhile you can come back out from under your rock when things pick up again. For what it's worth I agree with you about Pardew, but I support the club rather than one individual. I'll still be there long after he's gone.

Twice you've said this now. 'When things pick up', 'come crawling back'  to what exactly?  :lol:  The free flowing football we've been treated to over the past decade? All the cups we keep winning? The Champions league football we play?  What are they coming back to exactly?

We played some good football last season which saw the crowds rise and we've witness Champions League football which only fans from a handful of other English clubs can say.

Of course, if we're not successful enough for you, you could always go and follow Man Utd or like.

I've just made an effort to engage you in serious debate and then scrolled down and read this, sorry I bothered :anguish:

Guest neesy111

I remember the old saying, managers, players and directors come and go but the fans are there for life.

Not with a lot of the modern day, cowardly type supporters that claim to support NUFC these days it would seem.

I can't stand Pardew but I love NUFC more than I dislike him so he certainly won't be stopping me from watching my team next season should he still be here.

Super fan :thup:

Not a super fan. Just an ordinary supporter that won't stop going to watch his team because he's not keen on the manager. Clearly an alien concept to yourself.

'not keen' :lol:

The bloke is dragging us into the championship through his incompetence, I quite simply will not be party to it continuing any further and the only form of protest Ashley cares about is witholding cash. If you want to support NUFC becoming a shadow of it's former self just because you've got nothing else to do on a Saturday, that's your prerogative.

I will thanks very much. Meanwhile you can come back out from under your rock when things pick up again. For what it's worth I agree with you about Pardew, but I support the club rather than one individual. I'll still be there long after he's gone.

Twice you've said this now. 'When things pick up', 'come crawling back'  to what exactly?  :lol:  The free flowing football we've been treated to over the past decade? All the cups we keep winning? The Champions league football we play?  What are they coming back to exactly?

We played some good football last season which saw the crowds rise and we've witness Champions League football which only fans from a handful of other English clubs can say.

Of course, if we're not successful enough for you, you could always go and follow Man Utd or like.

Clown.

I think a better analogy is to ask yourself whether you'd still keep going back to your favourite restaurant if it was bought up by someone new, and having chopped and changed the menu and staff, renamed the restaurant and lost a couple of star ratings before then changing it back, they looked like they were back on the up only for them to change the chef and replace him with someone who only served up tasteless, burnt or undercooked food and was still charging you the same price. Would you keep going back for more? What if it you'd had food poisoning from a couple of meals you'd recently had there, would you keep going back? What if it looked like Environmental Health officers had issued them with a warning to sort their act out or face a closure order? And their response was to keep churning out the same old shit, but all the while subtly blaming the customers for having daft expectations...

I appreciate the sentiment but you can't really make a worthwhile analogy between a football club and....anything else imo. It's widely acknowledged as your birth right to support your team and a communities connection to its club is much more meaningful than that of a connection to a restaurant, bar, rock band or anything else you might happen to pay money for. All this means I totally accept why people reserve their right to keep financially supporting the club no matter what (although I suspect the motives aren't always as noble as that).

I think a better analogy is to ask yourself whether you'd still keep going back to your favourite restaurant if it was bought up by someone new, and having chopped and changed the menu and staff, renamed the restaurant and lost a couple of star ratings before then changing it back, they looked like they were back on the up only for them to change the chef and replace him with someone who only served up tasteless, burnt or undercooked food and was still charging you the same price. Would you keep going back for more? What if it you'd had food poisoning from a couple of meals you'd recently had there, would you keep going back? What if it looked like Environmental Health officers had issued them with a warning to sort their act out or face a closure order? And their response was to keep churning out the same old s***, but all the while subtly blaming the customers for having daft expectations...

If the restaurant I usually went to started serving sub standard food there are plenty more restaurants out there so I would simply choose another restaurant to eat in. You can't just choose another football team to support though so that is a silly comparison to make.

If the restaurant I usually went to started serving sub standard food there are plenty more restaurants out there so I would simply choose another restaurant to eat in. You can't just choose another football team to support though so that is a silly comparison to make.

You can eat at home, can't you?

:clap:

GM proving again why he's the best poster on here imo.

Comparing patronising a restaurant to supporting your club which (outside of any financial involvement) has all the emotional civic, community, and family ties that Newcastle United represents?

Nah, not having that. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

I don't know, like. I fucking love Pizza by the Slice. I'd be torn if I had to choose to give one up between the two.

Actually can't believe this line.

The North East at the moment is going through some of the toughest economic hardship for a long time. In case you hadn't noticed, personal capital is not exactly in great supply for many in the region. A lot of people have been priced out of going to watch football full stop - that is a cast iron fact. Many others are unsurprisingly evaluating whether they can justify the expenditure when that money could be spent on other, more important things to make their lives more enjoyable. For you to come on here, to condescend and to spit in the face of fans who are evaluating whether paying large amounts of money every season to watch football is really worth it to themselves and their families in 2013 makes me fucking sick.

I'm not currently in full-time employment as I'm studying for a degree at Univeristy. This season I calculated that I must have spent nearly £2000 on NUFC in home tickets and

travelling to the arse end of Europe. This has came directly out of my life savings, money that I could've spent on things to make my life easier (such as a car) or things to make my life more enjoyable (such as a holiday). After I had tallied up the money for the first time since I started following NUFC (not too long, as I'm not a superfan like yourself) I found myself questioning whether it is REALLY worth the expenditure. Over the course of this season I can count the days I've enjoyed on one hand and the actual matches I've enjoyed on a couple of fingers. To have sunk that amount of money into something I haven't truly enjoyed all year in hindsight really has made me think.

Ultimately, when push comes to shove the likelyhood is that come next season I'll be there as usual. I'm lucky enough that my family is privaleged enough that we can stretch to the costs of supporting NUFC. However I know that for many others this isn't the case and if come next season they evaluate that it isn't worth it to them then I won't hold it against them, condescend them and insult them because of it. Give your fucking head a shake for fuck's sake.

Guest neesy111

Actually can't believe this line, what a fucking prick you are.

The North East at the moment is going through some of the toughest economic hardship for a long time. In case you hadn't noticed, personal capital is not exactly in great supply for many in the region. A lot of people have been priced out of going to watch football full stop - that is a cast iron fact. Many others are unsurprisingly evaluating whether they can justify the expenditure when that money could be spent on other, more important things to make their lives more enjoyable. For you to come on here, to condescend and to spit in the face of fans who are evaluating whether paying large amounts of money every season to watch football is really worth it to themselves and their families in 2013 makes me fucking sick.

I'm not currently in full-time employment as I'm studying for a degree at Univeristy. This season I calculated that I must have spent nearly £2000 on NUFC in home tickets and

travelling to the arse end of Europe. This has came directly out of my life savings, money that I could've spent on things to make my life easier (such as a car) or things to make my life more enjoyable (such as a holiday). After I had tallied up the money for the first time since I started following NUFC (not too long, as I'm not a superfan like yourself) I found myself questioning whether it is REALLY worth the expenditure. Over the course of this season I can count the days I've enjoyed on one hand and the actual matches I've enjoyed on a couple of fingers. To have sunk that amount of money into something I haven't truly enjoyed all year in hindsight really has made me think.

Ultimately, when push comes to shove the likelyhood is that come next season I'll be there as usual. I'm lucky enough that my family is privaleged enough that we can stretch to the costs of supporting NUFC. However I know that for many others this isn't the case and if come next season they evaluate that it isn't worth it to them then I won't hold it against them, condescend them and insult them because of it. Give your fucking head a shake for fuck's sake.

:clap:

Brilliant post and agree with all the points from it.

Actually can't believe this line, what a f***ing prick you are.

The North East at the moment is going through some of the toughest economic hardship for a long time. In case you hadn't noticed, personal capital is not exactly in great supply for many in the region. A lot of people have been priced out of going to watch football full stop - that is a cast iron fact. Many others are unsurprisingly evaluating whether they can justify the expenditure when that money could be spent on other, more important things to make their lives more enjoyable. For you to come on here, to condescend and to spit in the face of fans who are evaluating whether paying large amounts of money every season to watch football is really worth it to themselves and their families in 2013 makes me f***ing sick.

Ultimately, when push comes to shove the likelyhood is that come next season I'll be there as usual. I'm lucky enough that my family is privaleged enough that we can stretch to the costs of supporting NUFC. However I know that for many others this isn't the case and if come next season they evaluate that it isn't worth it to them then I won't hold it against them, condescend them and insult them because of it. Give your f***ing head a shake for f***'s sake.

When he made that man united comment I was going to respond but realised he's just not worth the energy with his sooperfan attitude.

The North East at the moment is going through some of the toughest economic hardship for a long time. In case you hadn't noticed, personal capital is not exactly in great supply for many in the region. A lot of people have been priced out of going to watch football full stop - that is a cast iron fact. Many others are unsurprisingly evaluating whether they can justify the expenditure when that money could be spent on other, more important things to make their lives more enjoyable. For you to come on here, to condescend and to spit in the face of fans who are evaluating whether paying large amounts of money every season to watch football is really worth it to themselves and their families in 2013 makes me f***ing sick.

Ultimately, when push comes to shove the likelyhood is that come next season I'll be there as usual. I'm lucky enough that my family is privaleged enough that we can stretch to the costs of supporting NUFC. However I know that for many others this isn't the case and if come next season they evaluate that it isn't worth it to them then I won't hold it against them, condescend them and insult them because of it. Give your f***ing head a shake for f***'s sake.

Your choice to spend your life savings on following NUFC. Bit stupid, maybe even reckless if you ask me but now you've done it is a bit daft to start whinging about it.

Your choice to spend your life savings on following NUFC. Bit stupid, maybe even reckless if you ask me but now you've done it is a bit daft to start whinging about it.

Nice way to completely misinterpret/ignore the point of the post.

Elliot is right, not worth the effort.

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

Guest icemanblue

Wowzer. Not sure that's what he was getting at, like.

Whatever he's getting at, he's coming across like a colossal bellend.

Agree with the sentiments of both of your points, to be honest. Bit too much vitriol in the posts though.

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

I never mentioned anyone not renewing for financial reasons. Other people brought the cost factor in to fit their agenda as they knew deep down I was right. Family and paying the bills always comes first.

My point still stands and that was that if every supporter took a hissy fit like many on here are doing and stopped attending when we weren't playing well or because they didn't like the manager we wouldn't have a club to support.

Thankfully the few cowards on here who want to stop going because things aren't great are vastly outnumbered by those who'll stand by the club during the thick (and many) thin times.

So I'm gonna get called up for abuse but he's allowed to call people cowards?

Nice.

Ah stop crying man and cut out the personal abuse.

Think this thread is starting to drift of topic a bit now anyway.