SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Course not, but he could have turned around and said he wanted to leave for a higher pay if we hadn't given him a big pay to sign the extension.

You've said yourself that he was possibly originally on £8k, £30k would almost be a fourfold pay increase.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1360521/Cheick-Tiote-signs-Newcastle-deal-207.html

£8k to £40k according to that...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3434247/Mike-Ashley-has-delivered-a-staggering-statement-of-Toon-intent.html

£8k to £50k according to that.

Crap sources I know, but nothing anywhere suggests £30k.

Why can't the club spend the money it generates? 3rd biggest capacity in the league, above average wage bill, zero investment in the squad. How much longer do we have to put up with this before we actually spend more on transfers than we take in?

The ship has been steadied. Let's f***ing push on eh? Invest a little bit and see what happens?

Not under this f***ing prick we won't. :hmm:

if you live way beyond your means for a few years then after a year of breaking even, do you then start building debt again ?

We're not breaking even though. The wage bill has stayed the same and we've spent less than we've sold.

how does that mean we aren't breaking even ?

Breaking even, to me, means spending what you bring in.

The wage bill hasn't changed much. The Carroll money should be there to spend but we've barely touched it. Nolan=Cabaye. Ba= £2m max. Marveaux = £2m max. Carroll's wage + Campbell's wage = Ba's wage + Marveaux's wage. Unsure about Tiote's new contract tbh.  Where has the spare £31m (from the Carroll fee) gone? Where has the season ticket money gone? That's before you consider the 'investment' from the club for this season.

It f***ing stinks man. 

1/9/11

Are the nine points, including a derby, prior to that not that important?

Of course.  But the post I was replying to was about net transfer spend and you can't conclude on that until the window shuts.  A very specific point on a very specific post

Why can't the club spend the money it generates? 3rd biggest capacity in the league, above average wage bill, zero investment in the squad. How much longer do we have to put up with this before we actually spend more on transfers than we take in?

The ship has been steadied. Let's f***ing push on eh? Invest a little bit and see what happens?

if you live way beyond your means for a few years then after a year of breaking even, do you then start building debt again ?

We're not breaking even though. The wage bill has stayed the same and we've spent less than we've sold.

The wage bill hasn't changed much. The Carroll money should be there to spend but we've barely touched it. Nolan=Cabaye. Ba= £2m max. Marveaux = £2m max. Carroll's wage + Campbell's wage = Ba's wage + Marveaux's wage. Unsure about Tiote's new contract tbh.  Where has the spare £31m (from the Carroll fee) gone? Where has the season ticket money gone? That's before you consider the 'investment' from the club for this season.

It f***ing stinks man. 

the wage bill will have increased and say for the signing made so far,signing on fees,agents etc,set aside for wages, say for example 12 mill (3x1mill sign on fee,3x1mill agents,3x2mill this seasons wages)from liverpools 30mill up front,leaves 18mill for 2 further signings plus fees,1 years wages etc.

The players we let go didn't play for nothing. Nolan = Cabaye (fee and wages). Carroll's + Campbell's joint wage we were paying= Marveaux's + Ba's joint wage we're now paying. Roughly, give or take £10k a week.

£5m joint agents fees for the free transfers means there's still a lot of money left over from January. That's all before you consider the money set aside for team strengthening in this summer.

The numbers don't add up unless you think Carroll and Campbell played for us for nothing. 

I'm sure there were promises from somebody at the club, possibly that notorious insider, a year or two back saying we would no longer be getting stung for high agent fees btw. That promise soon went out the window when it suited them.

You are a product of happier times. Learn to live with it. It is getting dull watching you pretend you understand the clubs history. You clearly don't. Ask your dad about Imre Varadi vs Peter Beardsley.You werent old enough to appreciate either never mind the difference between them, the politics or the precedence set at the time. You can bitch all you like sunshine.However, your ignorance shines like a fucking beacon.

I'm no accountant so someone will probably correct this if wrong, but the entire operating expenses on the last set of accounts for the season in the Championship including wages was £74m. TV, media and prize money from the Premier League this season added to the proportion of the Carroll transfer fee reported as paid up front by Liverpool totals £77m.

Even assuming all other income was no greater than the year in the Championship, that would generate a £36m profit for the next set of accounts. Unless someone can explain why our operating costs have shot up dramatically since last year, I can't see how there isn't a large surplus of money available for transfers right now, and why we can't back our manager and chief scout with it.

We didn't have clauses in players wages either so our wages didn't reduce for the players who stayed here so they are unlikely to have gone up for gaining promotion.

Guest BooBoo

Are the nine points, including a derby, prior to that not that important?

Llambias has said we're keeping money back for January, in case we need to bring other players in.  By that time we're half way through the season and potentially out of a cup or two.

Dont forget next summer too. I'm sure the Carroll money will stretch to cover our meagre transfer budget for the summer of 2012 as well.

I'm no accountant so someone will probably correct this if wrong, but the entire operating expenses on the last set of accounts for the season in the Championship including wages was £74m. TV, media and prize money from the Premier League this season added to the proportion of the Carroll transfer fee reported as paid up front by Liverpool totals £77m.

Even assuming all other income was no greater than the year in the Championship, that would generate a £36m profit for the next set of accounts. Unless someone can explain why our operating costs have shot up dramatically since last year, I can't see how there isn't a large surplus of money available for transfers right now, and why we can't back our manager and chief scout with it.

Clearly.

It f***ing stinks man. 

the wage bill will have increased and say for the signing made so far,signing on fees,agents etc,set aside for wages, say for example 12 mill (3x1mill sign on fee,3x1mill agents,3x2mill this seasons wages)from liverpools 30mill up front,leaves 18mill for 2 further signings plus fees,1 years wages etc.

The players we let go didn't play for nothing. Nolan = Cabaye (fee and wages). Carroll's + Campbell's joint wage we were paying= Marveaux's + Ba's joint wage we're now paying. Roughly, give or take £10k a week.

£5m joint agents fees for the free transfers means there's still a lot of money left over from January. That's all before you consider the money set aside for team strengthening in this summer.

The numbers don't add up unless you think Carroll and Campbell played for us for nothing. 

it's not that the numbers don't add up,no-one is saying it's all gone. even my back of envelope type scribblings had (assuming we broke even before the carroll/nolan sales) 18mill left.

I'm not doubting that he could have had the increase that you've mentioned but it's just as likely to have increased to £30k as the other two figures.

I'm sure there were promises from somebody at the club, possibly that notorious insider, a year or two back saying we would no longer be getting stung for high agent fees btw. That promise soon went out the window when it suited them.

You are a product of happier times. Learn to live with it. It is getting dull watching you pretend you understand the clubs history. You clearly don't. Ask your dad about Imre Varadi vs Peter Beardsley.You werent old enough to appreciate either never mind the difference between them, the politics or the precedence set at the time. You can bitch all you like sunshine.However, your ignorance shines like a f***ing beacon.

I'm not sure what your post has to do with the one you replied to.

It f***ing stinks man. 

it's not that the numbers don't add up,no-one is saying it's all gone. even my back of envelope type scribblings had (assuming we broke even before the carroll/nolan sales) 18mill left.

£18m left to spend just to break even? Before any additional investment? Just to be clear.

In your grabbed out the air accounts are you including the alledged 4 million transfer fee ( :shifty:) as well as the  3 million + saving in wages (that will cover 1 1/2 players wages in your scheme) that came from the Nolan transfer.  That will surely knock us back up to a 25 m (of course minus any 'loyalty' fee) transfer budget.

Unless they're making a really fucking superb training facility for the anorexic thin squad we've got.

It f***ing stinks man. 

£18m left to spend just to break even? Before any additional investment? Just to be clear.

before any additional investment,which if we were breaking even would mean ashley or the banks.

when's the sponsorship deal up ?

before any additional investment,which if we were breaking even would mean ashley or the banks.

The main sponsorships are paid anually so we'll see that every season unlike when we signed Owen.

You are a product of happier times. Learn to live with it. It is getting dull watching you pretend you understand the clubs history. You clearly don't. Ask your dad about Imre Varadi vs Peter Beardsley.You werent old enough to appreciate either never mind the difference between them, the politics or the precedence set at the time. You can bitch all you like sunshine.However, your ignorance shines like a f***ing beacon.

i don't think he is either. just got back from the pub is my guess

The main sponsorships are paid anually so we'll see that every season unlike when we signed Owen.

i thought so, but when is northern rocks deal up ?

It f***ing stinks man. 

No idea.

What about the increased attendances and increased TV money? Do they go into the pot or are they allowed to be spent?

Spending £18m more means we've stood still. Rumours are that Routledge will go, maybe Barton and Enrique too. They'll all bring in some canny money and get a load off the wage bill.

£18m more to be spent just to break even. 

the very fact that we're even still discussing the ins and outs of projected wages, agents fees etc etc tells you all you need to know about the transfer window so far imo. have we improved the squad? impossible to answer now, have we improved the squad to the best of our ability financially? no, of course we haven't. doesnt look promising either does it.

the very fact that we're even still discussing the ins and outs of projected wages, agents fees etc etc tells you all you need to know about the transfer window so far imo. have we improved the squad? impossible to answer now, have we improved the squad to the best of our ability financially? no, of course we haven't. doesnt look promising either does it.

i'm really pleased with what we've done to date.  And there is the prospect of more to come. Way too any wet knickers on here atm

i don't think he is either. just got back from the pub is my guess

Ignorance and stupidity rife then?

Appears so! Hardly surprising though,