SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

People care/speculate far too much about wages.

Give it a rest.

People talk shit here every day, it won't stop them.

Are the accounts for 2010 available? I've got 2009.

?

Came out in March.

Am sure some great pop music came out in March, missed that too. Where can i find them?

:laugh:

madras linked them above. :thup:

Why can't the club spend the money it generates? 3rd biggest capacity in the league, above average wage bill, zero investment in the squad. How much longer do we have to put up with this before we actually spend more on transfers than we take in?

The ship has been steadied. Let's f***ing push on eh? Invest a little bit and see what happens?

Not under this f***ing prick we won't. :hmm:

if you live way beyond your means for a few years then after a year of breaking even, do you then start building debt again ?

We're not breaking even though. The wage bill has stayed the same and we've spent less than we've sold.

how does that mean we aren't breaking even ?

Breaking even, to me, means spending what you bring in.

The wage bill hasn't changed much. The Carroll money should be there to spend but we've barely touched it. Nolan=Cabaye. Ba= £2m max. Marveaux = £2m max. Carroll's wage + Campbell's wage = Ba's wage + Marveaux's wage. Unsure about Tiote's new contract tbh.  Where has the spare £31m (from the Carroll fee) gone? Where has the season ticket money gone? That's before you consider the 'investment' from the club for this season.

It f***ing stinks man. 

the wage bill will have increased and say for the signing made so far,signing on fees,agents etc,set aside for wages, say for example 12 mill (3x1mill sign on fee,3x1mill agents,3x2mill this seasons wages)from liverpools 30mill up front,leaves 18mill for 2 further signings plus fees,1 years wages etc.

The players we let go didn't play for nothing. Nolan = Cabaye (fee and wages). Carroll's + Campbell's joint wage we were paying= Marveaux's + Ba's joint wage we're now paying. Roughly, give or take £10k a week.

£5m joint agents fees for the free transfers means there's still a lot of money left over from January. That's all before you consider the money set aside for team strengthening in this summer.

The numbers don't add up unless you think Carroll and Campbell played for us for nothing. 

it's not that the numbers don't add up,no-one is saying it's all gone. even my back of envelope type scribblings had (assuming we broke even before the carroll/nolan sales) 18mill left.

£18m left to spend just to break even? Before any additional investment? Just to be clear.

before any additional investment,which if we were breaking even would mean ashley or the banks.

when's the sponsorship deal up ?

No idea.

What about the increased attendances and increased TV money? Do they go into the pot or are they allowed to be spent?

Spending £18m more means we've stood still. Rumours are that Routledge will go, maybe Barton and Enrique too. They'll all bring in some canny money and get a load off the wage bill.

£18m more to be spent just to break even. 

spend everything above breaking even for me. there were rumours a little while back that we had broke even without the carroll money so i was using that as a conservative starting point.

?

Came out in March.

Am sure some great pop music came out in March, missed that too. Where can i find them?

Not sure that this is the time of the week to be delving into accounts.  Ammortisation etc etc.....

?

Came out in March.

Fuck me? And is water wet?

Give it a rest.

true,however in most cases they are the major expense in the deal more so than the transfer fee that everyone seems to be concerned about.

Why are people talking about Tiote not knowing about other players wages and what other clubs would offer? It's his agent who would be negotiating the contract and unless his agent is a complete moron he will know his client could demand a large wage for the contract term no matter how little he earned in Holland.

Pretty sure the blood sucking agents don't think "yeah ok, that's a fairly decent wage, we'll sign".

If the fans know bigger clubs are probably interested and would offer a much bigger wage you can be certain the agents will and push this.

Why can't the club spend the money it generates? 3rd biggest capacity in the league, above average wage bill, zero investment in the squad. How much longer do we have to put up with this before we actually spend more on transfers than we take in?

The ship has been steadied. Let's f***ing push on eh? Invest a little bit and see what happens?

Not under this f***ing prick we won't. :hmm:

if you live way beyond your means for a few years then after a year of breaking even, do you then start building debt again ?

We're not breaking even though. The wage bill has stayed the same and we've spent less than we've sold.

how does that mean we aren't breaking even ?

Breaking even, to me, means spending what you bring in.

The wage bill hasn't changed much. The Carroll money should be there to spend but we've barely touched it. Nolan=Cabaye. Ba= £2m max. Marveaux = £2m max. Carroll's wage + Campbell's wage = Ba's wage + Marveaux's wage. Unsure about Tiote's new contract tbh.  Where has the spare £31m (from the Carroll fee) gone? Where has the season ticket money gone? That's before you consider the 'investment' from the club for this season.

It f***ing stinks man. 

the wage bill will have increased and say for the signing made so far,signing on fees,agents etc,set aside for wages, say for example 12 mill (3x1mill sign on fee,3x1mill agents,3x2mill this seasons wages)from liverpools 30mill up front,leaves 18mill for 2 further signings plus fees,1 years wages etc.

The players we let go didn't play for nothing. Nolan = Cabaye (fee and wages). Carroll's + Campbell's joint wage we were paying= Marveaux's + Ba's joint wage we're now paying. Roughly, give or take £10k a week.

£5m joint agents fees for the free transfers means there's still a lot of money left over from January. That's all before you consider the money set aside for team strengthening in this summer.

The numbers don't add up unless you think Carroll and Campbell played for us for nothing. 

it's not that the numbers don't add up,no-one is saying it's all gone. even my back of envelope type scribblings had (assuming we broke even before the carroll/nolan sales) 18mill left.

£18m left to spend just to break even? Before any additional investment? Just to be clear.

before any additional investment,which if we were breaking even would mean ashley or the banks.

when's the sponsorship deal up ?

No idea.

What about the increased attendances and increased TV money? Do they go into the pot or are they allowed to be spent?

Spending £18m more means we've stood still. Rumours are that Routledge will go, maybe Barton and Enrique too. They'll all bring in some canny money and get a load off the wage bill.

£18m more to be spent just to break even. 

spend everything above breaking even for me. there were rumours a little while back that we had broke even without the carroll money so i was using that as a conservative starting point.

So we're ok to spend the £18m plus whatever we may get from Routledge, Enrique and Barton? That would constitute a zero investment from the club/owner.

Zero outlay, zero investment, treading water, running to stand still. Fucking shite state of affairs.

Give it a rest.

true,however in most cases they are the major expense in the deal.

Clearly, in a business dominated by performers then they would be. It doesn't mean the money they earn is public knowledge. It is amusing watching people assert that unfounded knowledge so firmly though.

the very fact that we're even still discussing the ins and outs of projected wages, agents fees etc etc tells you all you need to know about the transfer window so far imo. have we improved the squad? impossible to answer now, have we improved the squad to the best of our ability financially? no, of course we haven't. doesnt look promising either does it.

The fact you are discussing anything is progress.

Makes one wonder why you continue to watch then.

It is quicker watching the erudite collate. Some exist, Dave. Very few though.

As Gemmill used to say: it's like watching retards play swingball.

what are reatrds ?

Ask Gemmill, you reatrd

what are reatrds ?

Tyres made from old tyres?

Either way, you risk going over the same track the older, wiser sage has already been down. See Marianne Faithful minus Mars Bar.

what are reatrds ?

Ask Gemmill, you reatrd

so you don't know ?

Well, yes, I know the answer. There are kids on here who talk utter shite with very little substance to their arguments. When pressed, they disappear.  No idea why? Yourself?