SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

This is their big pre season, they still have time yet.  Fans have reluctanly given them/him the benefit of the doubt about the Carroll money..but that will ebb away through this window.

Genuine question, what do they need to do in the rest of the window to retain the benefit of the doubt.

We've waved the white flag and pushed Zog on his way to Villa, probably because we signed Marveaux. I just hope we did that so we could secure a quality forward, and let's hope we do a better job of attracting one than we did with Neil Taylor.

For once he is close to the truth

cwarr07 Colin

Zog had his heart set on joining #nufc Unfortunately he was let down by Pardews inability to get Ashley to spend the Carroll millions #nufc

2 minutes ago Favorite Reply

What if we had not sold Carroll? Would we then have a transfer budget of £0 for this window? And no money to even go for free transfers because it's modern day football and agents and all that s*** cost a lot?

Yeah my thoughts exactly, no Carroll money meant nothing on wages/signing on fees, so no frees either.

You can't really believe it's that simple.

Ian your talking to a bunch of clowns who believe they know the accounts better than what the club does.

Just this bizarre reverse logic about a situation without the Carroll sale is mental IMO. Obviously we wouldn't have had a budget of 0, just like now we don't have a budget of £35m. The whole financial picture for the club over the next however-many years has to be taken into account.

Anyway, we've talked about this til we're blue in the visage.

some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) Colin

Zog had his heart set on joining #nufc Unfortunately he was let down by Pardews inability to get Ashley to spend the Carroll millions #nufc

:lol: :lol:

Fuck me. Some of you whine by default. Is it in your genes? We have already signed BA, Mav and Cabaye. Three great players. So I'm very satisfied.  And we're still in the hunt for more. There's still plenty of time left before the window closes. A lot can happen before then. Until then, I'll wait with my judgment.

All I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the clubs fault that Zog doesn't sign for us. For example. Villa has a very generous salary policy, too generous imo. If a player paid stupid money, it's likely that he'll sign for that club, regardless of the quality of the club/squad.

some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) Colin

:lol: :lol:

What a bunch of shit.

Not too worried about not having Zog, it would have been nice, but I thought he was slightly overpriced. He's definitely a match winner, but not as consistent as I would want.

Chronicle are now saying Zog is going to Villa, looking at Villa squad right now, even if you chuck Zog in there, that is a poor team, Bent, Zog and Albrighton aside that is a very poor squad.

They'll still have the best part of £25 million to spend on new players though.

Unlike us, they'll probably end up spending about £20 million this summer - and it won't be embezzled by 'agents and signing on fees'.

I'd have though that it'd finally clicked that nothing came from the club that we were ever even that strongly in for the bloke? But no, people are actually still complaining that the club has strung their fantasies of N'Zogbia along. ???

This is their big pre season, they still have time yet.  Fans have reluctanly given them/him the benefit of the doubt about the Carroll money..but that will ebb away through this window.

Genuine question, what do they need to do in the rest of the window to retain the benefit of the doubt.

Work out a solution with Enrique, either signing a contract or moving him on. 

Possibly a replacement for enrique depending on what happens, sign a forward and a CB.

Shift Alan Smith out.

Off the top of my head.

nufcfans NUFCfans

Alan Pardew "I am told that Charles [N'Zogbia] has got an imminent move, so I don't think that will be us." #NUFC #fb

If those are quotes from today, surely he should fkn know for a fact

I'd have though that it'd finally clicked that nothing came from the club that we were ever even that strongly in for the bloke? But no, people are actually still complaining that the club has strung their fantasies of N'Zogbia along. ???

Yeah. It's not like we bid £10m for him in the Jan transfer window to give people the idea we were interested in him like. Beats me where people get these ideas from.

Yeah. It's not like we bid £10m for him in the Jan transfer window to give people the idea we were interested in him like. Beats me where people get these ideas from.

£12m was it not?

So what's your criticism there, that we bid for him? I thought you were annoyed because we didn't?

All I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the clubs fault that Zog doesn't sign for us.

Who's fault is it?

Zog for example. He loves the club, but is still not willing to arrange himself according to the current wage structure. That could make him a hypocrite. As I've mentioned before: It's could be dangerous to break the wage structure for one player, because it will set precedence for all future contract negotiations. If Zog gets 60 a week, I guarantee that Enrique will demand an identical salary, or more. Accordingly the club has initiated a negative spiral that is very difficult to stop.

So what's your criticism there, that we bid for him? I thought you were annoyed because we didn't?

All pretty speculative anyway, considering the club actually said that we hadn't bid, just were putting feeleers out at that late stage to a number of players who could move quickly, including the Zog.

If we were willing to pay £12m in January then why not pay £10m now?

Well I guess people are angry for allowing themselves to be sucked in again and believing the club were actually serious about spending money on new top quality players.

Maybe some are starting to think the £12m offer was just another stunt by the fkn idiots at this club, more cloak & dagger bullshit.

I'm annoyed at the bullshit. I could accept we don't want him because we don't want him or we believe we've bought better, but bidding £10-12m on the last day of the transfer window when you know it's too late to sign anyone is bullshit. Just as bidding for Bent and Richardson was bullshit the year before. Now when we could actually sign Zog we are running a mile. That is what is mildly annoying.

All I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the clubs fault that Zog doesn't sign for us.

Who's fault is it?

Zog for example. He loves the club, but is still not willing to arrange himself according to the current wage structure. That could make him a hypocrite. As I've mentioned before: It's could be dangerous to break the wage structure for one player, because it will set precedence for all future contract negotiations. If Zog gets 60 a week, I guarantee that Enrique will demand an identical salary, or more. Accordingly the club has initiated a negative spiral that is very difficult to stop.

If we haven't bid for him all that is irrelevant though.

What if we had not sold Carroll? Would we then have a transfer budget of £0 for this window? And no money to even go for free transfers because it's modern day football and agents and all that s*** cost a lot?

Yeah my thoughts exactly, no Carroll money meant nothing on wages/signing on fees, so no frees either.

You can't really believe it's that simple.

Ian your talking to a bunch of clowns who believe they know the accounts better than what the club does.

Just this bizarre reverse logic about a situation without the Carroll sale is mental IMO. Obviously we wouldn't have had a budget of 0, just like now we don't have a budget of £35m. The whole financial picture for the club over the next however-many years has to be taken into account.

Anyway, we've talked about this til we're blue in the visage.

So without the Carroll money would we have still spent a  4.3 million on transfers and a couple of really expensive free signings?

I think he would spent pretty much the same because when he says every penny of the 35 will be spent, it's just saved money out of his own pocket which he would have had to fork out anyways.

35 million on top of everything else that would have come in anyways is a lot of money which were never ever going to see spent on the team.

Who's fault is it?

If we haven't bid for him all that is irrelevant though.

That is true.