Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Van Arnholt would be an ideal replacement for Enrique, but I really do think we should try and hold onto Jose as much as we can. He's a really good character but always one of the best LB's in the league, imo. A class act. It'd be ashame to unsettle the partnership he has alongside Coloccini, and with Danny Simpson really improving, we could have two very solid full backs come next season. Unless he demands a move I don't think we should dream of selling him.

In saying all of that, we do need another LB for cover/competition.

Whats everyones thoughts on Jarvis from Wolves? (apologies if said earlier)

He'd be a very handy signing. An absolute terror on his day. If he had a final ball I think there'd be quite a lot of hype about him.

Sounds like Jonas  :undecided:

Sturridge - £10

N'Zogbia - £10

Douglas (Twente) - £7?

Lionel Messi - pl.exchange with LeonEL Best

Wouldn't pay anything more than 10 pounds for N'Zogbia...you really want him back to fuck sort of a harmory the current bunch have created?

Think Sturridge would cost around £15m if Chelsea were to sell him. Maybe a little more. Don't know if we'd be willing to spend that.

Well, should cost £20 if Carroll cost £35.

But could see him wanting away if we finished top half and promised first-team football. Now with Torres there too, or at least get him on loan. Was really impressed with him, although first time I've really seen him play as the central striker.

Guest Stephen927

Don't think Arsenal would let Gibbs go out on loan, he's backup for Clichy. Unless they have some other left back coming through who could fill that role in his absence, which is probably likely.

Sturridge - £10

N'Zogbia - £10

Douglas (Twente) - £7?

Lionel Messi - pl.exchange with LeonEL Best

Wouldn't pay anything more than 10 pounds for N'Zogbia...you really want him back to f*** sort of a harmory the current bunch have created?

I've always had a man crush on N'Zogbia to be completely honest. Always felt he has so much talent and also feel it's strange that you think he would disrupt the harmony at the club since he hasn't done it at Wigan and for all we know he was unhappy at being played left-back and having Kinnear as manager at the club.

Then again he talked about wanting to play for bigger clubs, but who doesnt want to play in the Champions League and so on?

After all we got Ben Arfa who has a worse record and until now hasn't done it at the club.

According to the sunday sun, we have began talks with lille over Gervinho.

Bloody hope we do go for him, and that Tiote's convinced him to come.

Haven't you learned anything yet? Tiote doesn't need to convince, he commands! :lol:

Gervinhio suits us perfectly. Works hard, and is hard. Two important factors if one wants to succeed in PL.

And we should go for Aanholt instead of Gibbs. Aanholt will never play as long as Chelsea have Cole. And we should be able to get him on the cheap.

How much do you reckon we could get N'Zogbia for if Wigan are relegated? Also would any one take Brunt is West Brom go down too?

I would take Brunt in a heartbeat. Look at his assists ratio. His free and corner kicks are lethal.

Guest The_Miz

How much do you reckon we could get N'Zogbia for if Wigan are relegated? Also would any one take Brunt is West Brom go down too?

Brunt for sho' -seems a good all-rounder and has a good strike on him. Probably wouldnt cost the earth either. I think N'Zogbia would still command a high fee thoug as a few clubs are bound to be interested in him.

In regard to Sturridge, where is this £10million tag coming from? Seems a hell of a lot for good form over a mere four games,

even if he is showing promise.

I think CNZ will link up with Bruce @ SAFC.  Brunt is canny player for me he has over took Dorrans as WBA best midfielder.

In regard to Sturridge, where is this £10million tag coming from? Seems a hell of a lot for good form over a mere four games, even if

he is showing promise.

How about 35million for some bloke called Carroll who's said to be a difficult personality ;)

Chelsea are likely to let Bertrand go this year so they will not be letting Van Aanholt go as well.

Shut up :lol:

Chelsea are not going sell both of there back up leftbacks are they.

I know.. But I really want Aanholt if Enrique is sold. You ruined that for me..:)