Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I've decided, our forwards next season will be -

Sturridge

Best

Ben Arfa

Wickham

Ranger out on loan, Shola and Loven sold to the championship.

Midfield is -

Mavreaux

Jonas

Nolan

Tiote

Gosling

Reo-Coker

Guthrie

Barton

Perotti

I know that's one too many really but Guthrie is on cheap enough wages to have as a "spare". Burn Smith dead.

Defence -

Enrique

Kadar

Williamson

Colo

Samba

Taylor

Simpson

Clyne

Sell Raylor and Perch, release Sol.

Keepers -

Harper

Krul

Forster

Well that's done, we can pretty much close this thread now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've decided, our forwards next season will be -

Sturridge

Best

Ben Arfa

Wickham

Ranger out on loan, Shola and Loven sold to the championship.

Midfield is -

Mavreaux

Jonas

Nolan

Tiote

Gosling

Reo-Coker

Guthrie

Barton

Perotti

I know that's one too many really but Guthrie is on cheap enough wages to have as a "spare". Burn Smith dead.

Defence -

Enrique

Kadar

Williamson

Colo

Samba

Taylor

Simpson

Clyne

Sell Raylor and Perch, release Sol.

Keepers -

Harper

Krul

Forster

Well that's done, we can pretty much close this thread now.

A striker with a proven track record is vital. You have missed thus out

I was thinking that but then I thought Sturridge is Carroll's replacement (who was still wet behind the ears at the start of the season), Ben Arfa replaces Loven and Wickham replaces Shola.

I would say that's an improvement. We are carrying it off at the moment with Best, Loven, Shola and Ranger :lol:

Guest levi914

ye i agree with most of that but i think we cant just replace people we got to add numbers to because the squad is so small. and i dont think samba is realistic just because he thinks he is amazing so would want loads of wages. ryan shawcross though?

Guest palnese

Midfield is -

Mavreaux

Jonas

Nolan

Tiote

Gosling

Reo-Coker

Guthrie

Barton

Perotti

We need more wide men. There is no RW in that group of lads.

Guest Roger Kint

jarvis is a good wide player. left sided but still great player to bring in

Much better than Jonas who could then be a decent backup.

Guest EastEndGeordie

i think if jonas could put in some good crosses he would be great. but most the time he just loses the ball. and falls over alot

And Lo and behold Jonas goes on to have yet another great match tommorow.

Not the first time i've mentioned it but i reckon we should test Bolton's resolve and stick a bid in for Cahill. I wouldn't go to double-figures but i reckon it'd be a very good signing if we could pull it off. Probably a long-shot but if we finish above them, it could be possible.

They'd want at least £15m for him.

Probably. English with potential, etc.

Edit: Is his contract not up at the end of next season? Think i read that somewhere but could be totally wrong. Maybe our resident Bolton supporter could clarify before he disappears after the end of tomorrow?

Yeah, his contract runs out in summer 2012. Also, he's got a minimum-fee clause at £17M, but in reality we'd probably accept any offers over £15M.

Not the first time i've mentioned it but i reckon we should test Bolton's resolve and stick a bid in for Cahill. I wouldn't go to double-figures but i reckon it'd be a very good signing if we could pull it off. Probably a long-shot but if we finish above them, it could be possible.

They'd want at least £15m for him.

Probably. English with potential, etc.

Edit: Is his contract not up at the end of next season? Think i read that somewhere but could be totally wrong. Maybe our resident Bolton supporter could clarify before he disappears after the end of tomorrow?

Yeah, his contract runs out in summer 2012. Also, he's got a minimum-fee clause at £17M, but in reality we'd probably accept any offers over £15M.

If only he was French then Arsene would/should would be all over him.

Royston Drenthre has had major fallouts & his price should be at a all time low or is he not worth the hassle?

Hasn't been getting paid by Hercules so he has a right to kick off, just so happens he was the only one to do so. Neither a LB or a LM either and chances are he is on a canny wedge, I'd stay clear.

Arsenal would be a good home for Cahill, it would be nice to see if he can make the step up in title fighting team and one that play regularly in the cl. Would jump him miles forward in the England set up.

Guess that's how the world sees/saw Carrols move. :( (shame he didn't join such a club)

Arsenal would be a good home for Cahill, it would be nice to see if he can make the step up in title fighting team and one that play regularly in the cl. Would jump him miles forward in the England set up.

Guess that's how the world sees/saw Carrols move. :( (shame he didn't join such a club)

agree but I reckon Arsenal are way more likely to buy Sakho from Paris SG if they spend big on a centre half.

They'd be about the same price, even though Cahill has a couple of years on him he's up to speed with the league and should just drop in nicely and make a difference. Wenger could do with some English players to fill quoters for Europe etc...

So Sakho it is

Royston Drenthre has had major fallouts & his price should be at a all time low or is he not worth the hassle?

Hasn't been getting paid by Hercules so he has a right to kick off, just so happens he was the only one to do so. Neither a LB or a LM either and chances are he is on a canny wedge, I'd stay clear.

i've mentione him before, could be a perfect  foil for jose and fits the pseudo club profile of ne-erdowells with something to prove.

Also, I banged this drum in the winter window, but you should really take a look at Pedro León since all rumors point to his exit in the summer.

Real Madrid tends to pay s*** wages to their squad players (they have a very lopsided wage structure) so pretty sure he won't be on much and he's a very productive right winger. If he was getting regular football he'd be a Spain international by now.

Also, I banged this drum in the winter window, but you should really take a look at Pedro León since all rumors point to his exit in the summer.

Real Madrid tends to pay s*** wages to their squad players (they have a very lopsided wage structure) so pretty sure he won't be on much and he's a very productive right winger. If he was getting regular football he'd be a Spain international by now.

Think we could get him cheap ?