Wayne Bridge signs new Chelsea contract

Martin Lol

it was on sky sports news that he's signed a new 4 year contract. obviously happy to sit on the bench and get paid a ridiculous amount of money every week there then! shame, i thought we had a decent chance of signing him.

Fixed.

How long did he have left of his current contratc ? is this not just a price bumper ?

He had 18months left. The only chance of us getting him now will be offerin 5 mil  +

I'd say 6 or 7 million would be a good signing, considering he's arguably the second best left back in the country, and not that old. Not sure we'll have that much though.

meat and drink to those who constantly harp on about finance and how skint the club is.

Funny thing is, they ALWAYS appear not to see posts such as this.

I'd say 6 or 7 million would be a good signing, considering he's arguably the second best left back in the country, and not that old. Not sure we'll have that much though.

meat and drink to those who constantly harp on about finance and how skint the club is.

Funny thing is, they ALWAYS appear not to see posts such as this.

Not sure I get what you're saying here.

I did mention we may not be able to afford him, but I stand by the fact he'd be a good signing. And I think spending 6 million recruiting a proven quality player in a position we are really weak in would be prudent, certainly not comparable to the money we've wasted on some players.