Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

We were ok in the first half and didn't deserve to concede 4 goals.

:no:

Totally deserved the four goals conceeded, arguably we deserves to conceed more. That said we also could have had 3/4 goals in the first half too. Arsenal defended well and we missed some decent chances.

Can't believe the final stats either 16 - 8 shots? 55/45 posession too.

Not many home crowds that would have stuck with the team to the degree that our lot did today.

Watching this on Football First and it's goosebump city.  Absolutely immense effort from all concerned.

My dad texted me at HT saying "I'm going to watch the rest of this in the St James Park bar, gonna be a massacre".  And he watched the whole 2nd half in the bar as he didn't want to go back to his seat in case it was unlucky. :lol: That's dedication to your superstition.

Guest neesy111

We were ok in the first half and didn't deserve to concede 4 goals.

:no:

Totally deserved the four goals conceeded, arguably we deserves to conceed more. That said we also could have had 3/4 goals in the first half too. Arsenal defended well and we missed some decent chances.

Can't believe the final stats either 16 - 8 shots? 55/45 posession too.

Aye, the defending by the 2 centre backs was dreadful.  Rightly punished as well.

Guest neesy111

Thought Jonas looked really lively second half

Certainly looks better on Football First, just did a great cross there.

Not many home crowds that would have stuck with the team to the degree that our lot did today.

Watching this on Football First and it's goosebump city.  Absolutely immense effort from all concerned.

My dad texted me at HT saying "I'm going to watch the rest of this in the St James Park bar, gonna be a massacre".  And he watched the whole 2nd half in the bar as he didn't want to go back to his seat in case it was unlucky. :lol: That's dedication to your superstition.

arsenal fans afterwards couldn't believe how we stood by our team. our support was complimented almost as much as they slagged off the ref.

Guest neesy111

arsenal fans afterwards couldn't believe how we stood by our team. our support was complimented almost as much as they slagged off the ref.

Arsenal fans slag off their team hugely because they haven't won a trophy in 5 fucking years.  Tbf, the prices which their fans pay they should be entitled to their own opinion.

Guest neesy111

I didn't leave (and obviously really glad I didn't!) but I seriously considered it and can't really blame anyone who did tbh.

Same, like I've said you could not complain about fans leaving the club or anything after this weeks events.

I've not seen a match like that before I dont think, at least with newcastle.  I thought I may die in the 2nd half at several points.  I was almost crying and laughing after Tiote scored.

It sounds stupid but I feel better with this than if we'd won 1-0.  I'd obviously prefer the points but its almost like the players stuck 2 fingers up at the media and said - fuck you, we are united you cunts, we may not be the best but we'll die trying.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thought Jonas looked really lively second half

Aye had a canny game, starting to think he needs to have headphones on with crowds cheering to get the best out of him. Seemed to eat up the atmosphere in the 2nd half.

Just so proud ot the team tonight.

Ashamed about the woman behind me who left at 3-0, please never return, being a football supporter is for life through thick and thin, if you can't hack it fukk offf and suport Man City.

Proud of Tiote, closest I've ever seen to a 10 out f 10.

Ashamed of the few fans who sang for Hughton when we were 3-0 down - piss off and support another team, we all love Hughton but that was a cowardly chant.

Proud of all those who booed that chant even though we were 3-0 down.

If your proud to be a Geordie clap your hands CLAP CLAP !!!