Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest newcastle4life

Tough team selection i would have

Given

Solano Taylor Bramble Ramage

Milner Parker Dyer Luque

Sib Martins

think we can win 2-0 with this team

possible goal scorers hmm Martins and Dyer could do they are the pace we are missing

Guest Moe-Ali

Given

Solano Taylor Bramble Ramage

Butt

Milner    Parker      N'Zogbia

Dyer  /  Luque

Martins

Guest nufc1984

I think we should go with martins and dyer up front especially if they are going to come up against "lightning O'brien".. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Agreed, Pompey have 2 slow defenders in Sol and O'brien, with Dyer AND Martins up front we can cause some real prolems through the middle. All this talk of not being able to have 2 small, quick strikers is rubbish, It will work like a treat Imo.

Guest Brazilianbob

There is absolutely no way that Roeder will play Nobby at full back, no matter how much we want to see it happen.  If Carr is fit he will play - period.

Guest Gosport Toon

Ramage has to come out of the left back slot and Dyer needs to be given the free role up front as defending was never his strongest point. Pace up front against Pompey will be crucial but we need a holding midfielder to guard against breaks. Nobby has been awful in midfield from what I've seen but seems comfortable at RB. Milner poses an attacking threat but also works hard def. Still not sure which CB pairing is best from Taylor, Ramage and Bramble so any 2 from 3 there. I'd have preferred Duff in The Zogs or Emres position but injury prevents it. So my team is :

Given

Solano                      Ramage                    Bramble                The Zog

Butt

Milner                              Parker                    Emre

Dyer

Martins

Subs Taylor, Sibi, Carr, Luque, GK                   

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Taylor Bramble Ramage

Parker         

Milner            Emre        N`Zogbia                   

Dyer 

Sibierski    Martins

ATTACK! ATTACK! WE WANT THE ENTERTAINERS BACK!

Even .com don't get the squad now, its a jiller waiting means I cannot update the squad in chat as I won't be here.

You mean this squad?

Given, Harper, Srnicek, Carr, Ramage, Bramble, Taylor, Huntington, Parker, Butt, Emre, Dyer, Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Pattison, O'Brien, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll.

Guest mrchoonz

If I had a gun I'd shoot everyone who's put us starting with 3 at the back, we have never done that under Roeder, nor should we have, we're a 4-4-2 team and thats it, maybe a 4-4-1-1 with Dyer behind the front man, but thats usually away from home

We have to start with Sibi as we play far too many long balls not to have a target man on the pitch

GIVEN

CARR          BRAMBLE        TAYLOR    RAMAGE

BUTT            PARKER

DYER                SIBIERSKI              LUQUE

MARTINS

Thats the way id go, pretty solid and dangerous going forward.there is no way glenn would pick this team though.

What do you guy think?

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Nobby Solano, Titus Bramble, Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, James Milner, Emre, Scott Parker, Charles N'Zogbia, Kieron Dyer, Obafemi Martins

Subs: Pavel Srnicek, Albert Luque, Nicky Butt, Antoine Sibierski, Paul Huntington

confirmed. No Carr.

Why won't Glenn understand that Emre/Parker in the middle just doesn't work?

Portsmouth: David James, Linvoy Primus, Dejan Stefanovic, Sol Campbell, Noe Pamarot, Gary O'Neil, Pedro Mendes, Sean Davis, David Thompson, Kanu, Benjani Mwaruwari

Subs: Jamie Ashdown, Andy O'Brien, Niko Krancjar, Matthew Taylor, Rodolph Douala

Interesting that neither LuaLua or Cole is in the sixteen. If I'm not mistaken, Cole has scored 11 goals in 16 games against us...

EDIT: Just read that both LuaLua and Cole are injured

Guest Darth Toon

I think that's pretty good given what we've got available. Butt is unlucky to miss out but it was always unlikely that Glenn would leave out Emre.

Happy with that.  Plenty to attack with,  with Solano at RB and N'Zogbia,  Milner, Emre, Martins, Parker and Dyer in there.

Its gotta be Dyer just behind Martins,  with Milner and Zoggy as wingers.  Reckon we can do this today.  Just no longball shite though,  give it to the 2 wingers who'll run with it.