Team for Portsmouth

Guest sicko2ndbest

...................................Given...................................

Nobby..........Taylor....................Bramble....................Ramage

Milner.........Parker....................Dyer...........................Zog

........................Sibierski...................................................

..............................................Martins.......................................

subs

Harper

Emre

Luque

Butt- Unlucky

Huntington- but it will be Carr

I agree with this, but I worry about Nobby's endurance over the full 90.  He seemed okay today, but will

he be able to maintain pace at league standards??

Guest Moe-Ali

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Bramble --- Ramage

Milner --- Parker --- Dyer --- N'Zogbia

----------------------------Luque

--- Martins

Scy: How many times have I said that I don't rate Carr as good enough for us, but that he is by far not our worst player?

He's not?

Cant defend

always the last to move up and playing opposition onside

cant cross - how many times have he bombed down the flanks before putting the ball straight out of play?

Makes hughes look a worldbeater tbh. Wished we never sold him. Would be handy in our situation plus we wouldnt have to endure Ramageto Carlos if he was still here.

Guest kinaldo

wtf has N'Zogbia done this season to get into everyone's team? he's been utter shite in every game.

Given

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Ramage

Milner  Parker    Dyer      Luque

Sibierski

Martins

Given

Nobby---------Taylor---------Bramble---------Zog

Milner---------Parker---------Dyer-----------Luque

Sib--------Martins

Whilst Luque wasn't brilliant last night, Ramage was poor. I also thought Emre was invisible and provided we keep bypassing midfield with long balls is often redundant. Dyer provides more support for a front two.

Given

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Ramage

Milner  Parker    Butt      Luque

Dyer

Martins

I would go with that one too, maybe zog instead of Luque. Dont really think Luque is a winger, he is more of a forward after he came to newcastle.

Ramage is shite going forward so he should just stay back, and let solano go forward more.

If we lead by two goals or more by half time, I would rest dyer and martins for Luque and Sibierski.

Guest theunis

After what i saw last night biggest thing we can take from it was nobby at RB he was decent and his crosses could be handy. but zoggy had an quite game when he had the ball looked ok, but what was worrying for me was Sibi pace god he is slow. Dont get me wrong he Sibi has done great for us, but against ill have this line up:

-------------------Given

Nobby-------Bramble------Taylor---------Ramage

Milner--------Parker---------Emre----------Nzog

-----------------Dyer-------------

---------------------------------Martins

But laque tried to hard to impress last night, so could be worth him having a run before Nzog and half time subbing laque but just love the Zog. Also Ramage had a sloppy game but who else

I think it will be

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

RM Milner

LM Zoggy

CM Parker

CM Emre

ACM Dyer

CF Martins

I would like to see

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

DM Butt

CM Parker

CM Emre

RWF Dyer

LWF Luque

CF Martins

given our negativity at the moment I could see this turning into a 4-5-1 but I think it would also give Dyer and Luque more freedom going forward.

Things didn't go well for Luque last night but the only way for him to improve is with games, N'Zogbia wasn't that impressive last night but it would be harsh on Sibs who has done nothing wrong. But I do think the only chance we have of getting any kind of form out of Luque is by giving him minutes on the pitch. However it is very likely that he will not even be in the squad.

I think it will be

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

RM Milner

LM Zoggy

CM Parker

CM Emre

ACM Dyer

CF Martins

I would like to see

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

DM Butt

CM Parker

CM Emre

RWF Dyer

LWF Luque

CF Martins

given our negativity at the moment I could see this turning into a 4-5-1 but I think it would also give Dyer and Luque more freedom going forward.

Things didn't go well for Luque last night but the only way for him to improve is with games, N'Zogbia wasn't that impressive last night but it would be harsh on Sibs who has done nothing wrong. But I do think the only chance we have of getting any kind of form out of Luque is by giving him minutes on the pitch. However it is very likely that he will not even be in the squad.

Yeah i'd like to see that also but cant see Glen trying it.

After last night I'd go for the following:

--------------Given-----------------

Solano-----Bramble---Taylor---Zoggy

Milner-----Parker----Butt----Luque

---------Dyer-------------------

------------------Martins---------

With Dyer playing in the hole and if Luque fannys about emre would replace him in the second half...

Guest mrchoonz

--------------------Given--------------------

Carr----Taylor------Bramble----Ramage

Solano-----------Parker------------Milner

---------------------Dyer--------------------

----------Martins--------Sibierski---------

Subs: Srineck, N'Zogbia, Butt, Emre, Luque/Rossi

Took me a while picking the team, but went with Nobby and Jimmy on the wings as they will help the defence more than Charlie and Albert. Parker will have a more defensive role than he usually has at home due to the fact that Dyer is ahead of him.

What team do you think Roeder wil go with??

:toon1:

Guest mrchoonz

--------------------Given--------------------

Carr----Taylor------Bramble----Ramage

Solano-----------Parker------------Milner

---------------------Dyer--------------------

----------Martins--------Sibierski---------

Subs: Srineck, N'Zogbia, Butt, Emre, Luque/Rossi

Took me a while picking the team, but went with Nobby and Jimmy on the wings as they will help the defence more than Charlie and Albert. Parker will have a more defensive role than he usually has at home due to the fact that Dyer is ahead of him.

:toon1:

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Bramble --- Ramage

Milner --- Parker --- Butt --- N'Zogbia

Dyer

Martins

Ramage is my biggest worry - but there is no one else.

The only alternative to this is swapping butt for dyer and bringing on le sib to support oba!

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Taylor Bramble Ramage

Parker         

Milner            Emre        N`Zogbia                   

Dyer 

Sibierski    Martins

For me, the really difficult decision is around Emre. I like to see him play, but picking him alongside Butt or Parker in the centre doesn't seem to work very well. On the other hand, Butt and Parker aren't a very creative combination.

I think we'll see -

.................Given

Carr....Taylor.....Bramble.....Ramage

Solano......Butt.....Parker......Milner

..............Dyer......Martins

What I'd like to see tried as a front six is -

Parker...Butt....Emre

....Dyer.....Milner

........Martins

or -

......Butt....Parker

Milner...Dyer....Emre

.........Martins

That last one's a homage to John Barnes and his passionate advocacy of 2 holding midfield players. He irritated the hell out of me, but it may be an idea that English clubs could copy more widely.

For me, the really difficult decision is around Emre. I like to see him play, but picking him alongside Butt or Parker in the centre doesn't seem to work very well. On the other hand, Butt and Parker aren't a very creative combination.

I think we'll see -

.................Given

Carr....Taylor.....Bramble.....Ramage

Solano......Butt.....Parker......Milner

..............Dyer......Martins

What I'd like to see tried as a front six is -

Parker...Butt....Emre

....Dyer.....Milner

........Martins

or -

......Butt....Parker

Milner...Dyer....Emre

.........Martins

That last one's a homage to John Barnes and his passionate advocacy of 2 holding midfield players. He irritated the hell out of me, but it may be an idea that English clubs could copy more widely.

The two holding midfielders is a good idea, but they need a good range of passing, which again is something Parker lacks totally. I think you also need 2 good attacking fullbacks and we don't have that unless Solano can do a permanent job at RB. The LB though is a joke with Ramage there.

Guest SmileyCulture

Given

Solano        Taylor        Bramble        Ramage

Emre          Butt                         

Milner                                                  Luque

Dyer

Sibierski

I think Dyer & Sibierski would work really well with 2 wingers that can reall cross the ball Sibierski can pick it up in the box, failing that the holding midfeilders (the same midfeild formation as Celta played lastnight) can feed it through the middle to dyer and he can use his pace or sibierski and he can hold the ball up laying Dyer off at will.

I'd like to see zoggy play but with Ramage completely incapable of getting forward id rather give luque (hopefully now with a little confidence after that cracking corner) a chance to have a string of games and really show us why we paid all that money for him!

As for the defense i think nobby played great lastnight and he provides alot of experiance to the defense that still looks a little shakey at times but is deffinately improving. Plus we still get the option of using nobby for free kicks :D

Anyway im sure Roeders team will be completely different but i like how mine looks lol

I only go by what i see on the tv but I dont think Parkers passing is bad, I know its only one instance but the ball he played through to Solano last night (in the middle, passed it between 2 opposition players to the right, Solano poorly controlled, it bounced and his cross went behind the goal) showed good vision to me.

Parkers passing is not "bad". Its average. We haven't really got many players with a good range of passing. Solano is obviously the pick of the bunch, and Emre has the ability as well although he sometimes plays careless passes. I remember the days when we we had Rob Lee and Beardsley who could play a 50 yard pin point pass without even looking.

Parkers passing is not "bad". Its average. We haven't really got many players with a good range of passing. Solano is obviously the pick of the bunch, and Emre has the ability as well although he sometimes plays careless passes. I remember the days when we we had Rob Lee and Beardsley who could play a 50 yard pin point pass without even looking.

Parker's passing is closer to bad than average, imo. He'll never be a top player, or in fact even good enough for where we want to be.

He came on last night and almost the first thing he did was slow down an attack by turning full circle for no apparent reason. He's slowly but surely getting on my nerves and is fast becoming one of the most over-rated players I've ever seen play for Newcastle.

Like Jeenarse, I hope the hype about him pulls the wool over someone's eyes and he moves on in January. The team will improve without him, as it did during the latter stages of last season when he was out of the side.