Team for Portsmouth

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Darth Toon

Portsmouth: David James, Linvoy Primus, Dejan Stefanovic, Sol Campbell, Noe Pamarot, Gary O'Neil, Pedro Mendes, Sean Davis, David Thompson, Kanu, Benjani Mwaruwari

Subs: Jamie Ashdown, Andy O'Brien, Niko Krancjar, Matthew Taylor, Rodolph Douala

Don't see anything too much to worry about there either - we should be able to dominate their midfield with Dyer dropping in to make 5 when defending, then getting up quickly to support Martins.

What a shite line up :thdn:

Everyone count the long balls to Dyer and Martins, that'll be great!!!!!!

Other than the inclusion of Emre, its the same lineup that faced Arsenal last week, isn't it?

Emre's the player in our team who is guilty for playing the long balls, though. I just hope we play the ball on the floor like we did last week. Dyer and Martins will compliment each other, like they did at Arsenal, if we play like that.

Guest mrchoonz

Other than the inclusion of Emre, its the same lineup that faced Arsenal last week, isn't it?

Milner in for Craig Moore

We didnt create alot against Arsenal and this is not Arsenal, this is Portsmouth at home!!!!!

We need someone to challenge Campbell in the air and Sibi is the only one we have can do it!!!

Sibi doesnt get goals in the Premiership because he doesnt get starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Guest mrchoonz

Emre's the player in our team who is guilty for playing the long balls, though. I just hope we play the ball on the floor like we did last week. Dyer and Martins will compliment each other, like they did at Arsenal, if we play like that.

Emre playing long balls  :obi: He's the one who takes the ball from Given and Bramble to help prevent them!!!!

We need someone to challenge Campbell in the air and Sibi is the only one we have can do it!!!

Genuine question; did you see all of the Arsenal game?

Martins' hold up play was excellent. He's superb in the air.

Doesn't mean to say i want us playing long-ball (which we probably will thanks to Roeder), but Martins' isn't bad at holding the ball up for Dyer...

Guest mrchoonz

Genuine question; did you see all of the Arsenal game?

Martins' hold up play was excellent. He's superb in the air.

Doesn't mean to say i want us playing long-ball (which we probably will thanks to Roeder), but Martins' isn't bad at holding the ball up for Dyer...

Yes I did it was live on RTE2 here in Ireland

Martins hold up play is not as good as Sibi's!!!!!

Mrchoonz, you are right - i'm just saying: don't worry. ;-) Martins' hold up play isn't as good as Sibi's, but it's still good so it's not a total lost cause.

I just wish that we would get rid of the long ball altogether, tbh.

Guest mrchoonz

I dont mind a long ball now and again, its good to vary the play, but you need a tall striker and a quick striker at home in the Premiership!!!

Enjoy the match lads, if you can  :thup:

Why?

Sibi's decent in the air but Campbell would walk all over him and everyone else in the team (except bramble). We should be trying to exploit his weaknesses instead of (hopelessly) trying to match his strengths.

According to espn: Solano is at right-back, zoggy's on the left of midfield, and dyer's up-front with martins.

No surprise there really.

Hopefully Zoggy can pick up his form from last year today..

Milner on the right and Emre in the middle.

I dont mind a long ball now and again, its good to vary the play, but you need a tall striker and a quick striker at home in the Premiership!!!

Enjoy the match lads, if you can  :thup:

Much rather have Dyer and Martins.